Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    You said the USA could afford socialized medicine if Trump paid his taxes. It was a dumb statement. I normally ignore those. On the other hand, all of my statements on Canada's defense spending and tax rate were factual. So....
    So, we pay taxes and get health care. Yup, you got me.
    And the way trump treats allies, I wouldn't expect any help from the south if we were attacked. Now of course that would likely change if there was someone else in the White House.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    And the way trump treats allies, I wouldn't expect any help from the south if we were attacked. Now of course that would likely change if there was someone else in the White House.

To be honest, Canada hasn't lived up to its obligation to spend 2% of its GDP on national defense. Canada can't expect help when it won't help itself. Canada is free loading off the backs of Americans.

To be honest, Canada hasn't lived up to its obligation to spend 2% of its GDP on national defense. Canada can't expect help when it won't help itself. Canada is free loading off the backs of Americans.

SO was England, France , South Vietnam etc........ Whats your POINT AH
    The USA is NOT a CRIME Family we don't EXTORT Money for PROTECTION WTF is wrong with YOU

Must be reading the WH talking points that explains why.

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    SO was England, France , South Vietnam etc........ Whats your POINT AH

No doubt that MANY countries are taking advantage of the USA when it comes to national defense. I don't really blame them for trying to get away with it. My problem is with our past presidents who allowed them to get away with it. Trump is the only one who called them on it. Trump is the greatest president in my lifetime. By far. Get ready for 4 more years.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Canada has backed the US in many of its wars. Korea, although Canada didn't officially join the Vietnam war, thousands of Canadians joined the US soldiers there. Afghanistan, the Gulf war etc.

Covid-19 Live Updates: Fauci Suggests a National Mask Mandate as Virus Surges
    The U.S. set a single-day record of more than 85,000 new cases on Friday. Europe is also bracing for a brutal winter as the virus surges there.

Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, said on Friday that the country should consider implementing a first-ever national mandate requiring masks, to help control a surge in coronavirus cases across the United States that has become the most severe to date.

Appearing on CNN, Dr. Fauci said that enforcing such a mandate would be difficult. But with conditions worsening across disparate regions of the country, he said he could be inclined to recommend the dramatic measure.

“There’s going to be a difficulty enforcing it,” he said, “but if everyone agrees that this is something that’s important and they mandate it and everybody pulls together and say, you know, we’re going to mandate it but let’s just do it, I think that would be a great idea to have everybody do it uniformly.”

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Canada has backed the US in many of its wars. Korea, although Canada didn't officially join the Vietnam war, thousands of Canadians joined the US soldiers there. Afghanistan, the Gulf war etc.

That's a good thing. But it misses the point. Canada and other NATO countries can't spend very little on their national defense and let the USA carry the load. Your country is not prepared for a major war. We are.

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Covid-19 Live Updates: Fauci Suggests a National Mask Mandate as Virus Surges
    The U.S. set a single-day record of more than 85,000 new cases on Friday. Europe is also bracing for a brutal winter as the virus surges there.

Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, said on Friday that the country should consider implementing a first-ever national mandate requiring masks, to help control a surge in coronavirus cases across the United States that has become the most severe to date.

Appearing on CNN, Dr. Fauci said that enforcing such a mandate would be difficult. But with conditions worsening across disparate regions of the country, he said he could be inclined to recommend the dramatic measure.

“There’s going to be a difficulty enforcing it,” he said, “but if everyone agrees that this is something that’s important and they mandate it and everybody pulls together and say, you know, we’re going to mandate it but let’s just do it, I think that would be a great idea to have everybody do it uniformly.”

Yawn. A mandate that is unenforceable. No teeth.

No doubt that MANY countries are taking advantage of the USA when it comes to national defense. I don't really blame them for trying to get away with it. My problem is with our past presidents who allowed them to get away with it. Trump is the only one who called them on it. Trump is the greatest president in my lifetime. By far. Get ready for 4 more years.

Well Your really going to be impressed with President Biden Stay tuned Tick Tock

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

How does one get to the point where you idolise a person who claims to be a great businessman, but has been bankrupt multiple times, who has contractors build things for him and then refuse to pay them, who sanctions children being separated from their parents and put into cages, etc