Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... no, you will just be denied access to an increasing range of goods and services. You will also feel social pressure to conform while constantly be reminded that your selfish behavior is putting your loved ones at risk.

It's already like that where I live. You can't go in Walmart or a grocery store without a mask. Besides, a vaccine is just around the corner.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Guess the USA owns them Money since our current GDP is in the Red
    I have done some searching and you are absolutely wrong. In the RED means negative. A negative GDP would mean that absolutely was being produced. That means no agricultural produce, no manufacturing, no energy production, no mining and no one anywhere in the country with a job.

Ever wonder why all your favorite liberal news outlets do not give the actual current GDP but instead merely give the it has declined each reporting quarter? Could it be that even with everything they are trying to do to kill the economy it is still higher than it was at the end of President Obama administration?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I have done some searching and you are absolutely wrong. In the RED means negative. A negative GDP would mean that absolutely was being produced. That means no agricultural produce, no manufacturing, no energy production, no mining and no one anywhere in the country with a job.

Ever wonder why all your favorite liberal news outlets do not give the actual current GDP but instead merely give the it has declined each reporting quarter? Could it be that even with everything they are trying to do to kill the economy it is still higher than it was at the end of President Obama administration?
    The Covid-19 pandemic caused the deepest U.S. recession since at least World War II. Gross domestic product shrank at an annual rate of 31.4% in the second quarter. Covid-19 is infecting more than 50,000 Americans a day, the most since early August.

Why would ANYONE want to kill the economy Stop watching FOX NEWS

Will masks become the ‘new normal’ even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so

Some countries, particularly in Asia, shifted their cultures after a pandemic to embrace mask-wearing in public places.
    Some Americans say they’ve been forever changed by the pandemic, particularly when it comes to hygiene practices like hand-washing and masks.
    For those with auto-immune diseases, that would be a positive shift.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

The only people that I know and have known since before ACA was passed are paying many times as much for health insurance as they were before. That includes low income individuals who are now having to pay for their states version of Medicaid through the ACA exchanges which they used to get for free through the welfare office.

As for universal health care, you are forgetting about the death, I mean services approval, boards. There are people who used to come to the US from Canada to get elective procedures dome that in Canada they would have to wait months sometimes years to get approved for in Canada because Canada rationed those procedures and would not allow self pay.
    You will have to tell me what a "death, I mean services approval board" is.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    You will have to tell me what a "death, I mean services approval board" is.
    Last week Canada’s Supreme Court ruled that doctors could not unilaterally ignore a Toronto family’s decision to keep their near-dead husband and father on life support. In the same breath, however, the court also confirmed that, under the laws of Ontario, Canada’s most populous province, a group of government-appointed adjudicators could yet overrule the family’s choice. That tribunal, not the family or the doctors, has the ultimate power to pull the plug.

In other words: Canada has death panels.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Or maybe if donny boy started paying taxes you could have universal health care
    Contrary to what CNN is telling you President Trump has been paying taxes. The corporations he owns have been paying taxes. If those corporations were not, the trustees who have been overseeing their operation would be going to jail. As for his tax returns from before he was elected, those are still under audit and therefore cannot legally be released. If there was anything in them, President Obama could have directed the IRS to complete their audits and release the returns. The fact that Obama did not do so tells me that there is nothing in them that the Democrats could use.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Last week Canada’s Supreme Court ruled that doctors could not unilaterally ignore a Toronto family’s decision to keep their near-dead husband and father on life support. In the same breath, however, the court also confirmed that, under the laws of Ontario, Canada’s most populous province, a group of government-appointed adjudicators could yet overrule the family’s choice. That tribunal, not the family or the doctors, has the ultimate power to pull the plug.

In other words: Canada has death panels.
    Oh brother!! You are one funny dude.
    Canada also has legal medical assistance in dying. What is this world coming to?

Contrary to what CNN is telling you President Trump has been paying taxes. The corporations he owns have been paying taxes. If those corporations were not, the trustees who have been overseeing their operation would be going to jail. As for his tax returns from before he was elected, those are still under audit and therefore cannot legally be released. If there was anything in them, President Obama could have directed the IRS to complete their audits and release the returns. The fact that Obama did not do so tells me that there is nothing in them that the Democrats could use.

Yep
    therefore cannot legally be released

That's Complete
    BS Nothing Prevents it from being release but Mr Trump

Retired 10,000+ Posts

And apparently, if you make billions you pay $750 in taxes.
    I guess that sounds right to you. 😎
    No, when you have already paid hundreds of millions with your quarterly estimate returns, by the time you do your return in April you only have $750 left to pay.