Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    You made my own point. "Everywhere I go folks are wearing a mask" except for a bunch of Republican lawmakers who are close to Trump.

So, your story has changed. You said Americans refuse to wear a mask. Now its most everyone is wearing a mask except for a bunch of lawmakers who are close to Trump. Your agenda is showing.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    So, your story has changed. You said Americans refuse to wear a mask. Now its most everyone is wearing a mask except for a bunch of lawmakers who are close to Trump. Your agenda is showing.
    ... have a nice day.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

The US Federal Gov't apparently does not have the legal power to require all citizens to get a vaccine.

State and municipal gov'ts have much more power and can mandate mandatory vaccination.

Employers, as a condition of employment, can mandate that anyone entering their premises must present proof of vaccination.

People who object on religious beliefs or disabilities may be able to work from home.

On the current track that COVID-19 is ripping through the USA, the majority of the population will be desperate to get a vaccine. Same for around the world.
    Yes, I think the majority will be lining up for it when it comes out. The vaccine is cheaper than a soul crushing ICU bill from the hospital.

What about Canada?
    I assume the vaccine is free, would they mandate it for everyone?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Yes, I think the majority will be lining up for it when it comes out. The vaccine is cheaper than a soul crushing ICU bill from the hospital.

What about Canada?
    I assume the vaccine is free, would they mandate it for everyone?

It is possible it will be mandated. If we compare it to the flu, though, the vaccine is free and strongly recommended but not mandatory.
    I realise that Covid is not the flu, but that is the only comparable I have.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

In March President Trump partnered with Moderna and investested over 2-billion dollars. Moreover, they made the decision to mass produce the vaccine before it was approved. Thanks to President Trump's leadership, 20-million doses of the vaccine will be distributed in December.

Thanks to the United States, countless lives will be saved around the world. Including Canada. Can the USA get a thank you?

Read here: LIVE UPDATES: Pfizer develops vaccine delivery pilot as coronavirus cases surge | Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    In March President Trump partnered with Moderna and investested over 2-billion dollars. Moreover, they made the decision to mass produce the vaccine before it was approved. Thanks to President Trump's leadership, 20-million doses of the vaccine will be distributed in December.

Thanks to the United States, countless lives will be saved around the world. Including Canada. Can the USA get a thank you?

Read here: LIVE UPDATES: Pfizer develops vaccine delivery pilot as coronavirus cases surge | Fox News
    All the US drug companies are pre-producing their vaccines. So our many of the other counties around the world. BTW we still don't know WHO has the most effective vaccine!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You made my own point. "Everywhere I go folks are wearing a mask" except for a bunch of Republican lawmakers who are close to Trump.
    Golly Gee WOW. When did Gavin Newsom become a Republican. He is the Democrat Governor of California and every time I see him on the news giving a speech he is not wearing a mask. Same is true for most liberal governors and mayors.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    It is possible it will be mandated. If we compare it to the flu, though, the vaccine is free and strongly recommended but not mandatory.
    I realise that Covid is not the flu, but that is the only comparable I have.
    Canada sounds nice and sensible. I envy you your tax provided healthcare.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    All the US drug companies are pre-producing their vaccines. So our many of the other counties around the world. BTW we still don't know WHO has the most effective vaccine!
    I didn't know that WHO, the World Health Organization, was working on their own vaccine.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Canada sounds nice and sensible. I envy you your tax provided healthcare.

It certainly isn't paradise, but when there is one less thing to worry about it helps.