Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

The number of Covid-19 cases reported each week in Florida has tripled since the state reopened
    By Madeline Holcombe, Rosa Flores and Denise Royal, CNN
    Updated 12:43 PM EST, Mon November 23, 2020
    Vehicles line up as health care workers help to check in people being tested at the Covid-19 drive-thru testing center at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida, on Sunday.
    (CNN)Since Gov. Ron DeSantis reopened Florida in late September, the number of reported Covid-19 cases per week in the state has tripled.

On September 25, DeSantis signed an executive order reopening the state, freeing restaurants and bars to operate at 100% capacity. In the week leading up to the order, Florida reported more than 17,000 new cases.

In the past 7 days, the state has reported more than 53,000 -- meaning three times more Floridians have tested positive in the past week than in the week before the reopening.

As the US grapples with the worst month yet in the pandemic for coronavirus infections and hospitalizations, Florida is nearing 1 million cases. As of Monday morning, the state had reported 938,414 infections, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Your boy is the one talking about some government program that reduces abortions. Ask him.
    I think the thread got off track when I pointed out to the liberals worried about the number of COVID19 deaths that worldwide there have roughly 27 abortions for every COVID19 deaths. It appears that they did not like me mentioning one of their sacred cows.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I think the thread got off track when I pointed out to the liberals worried about the number of COVID19 deaths that worldwide there have roughly 27 abortions for every COVID19 deaths. It appears that they did not like me mentioning one of their sacred cows.
    Duh start a new thread and knock yourself out Buddy

3rd major COVID-19 vaccine shown to be effective and cheaper
    By DANICA KIRKA and JILL LAWLESS
    55 minutes ago

LONDON (AP) — Drugmaker AstraZeneca said Monday that late-stage trials showed its COVID-19 vaccine is highly effective, buoying the prospects of a relatively cheap, easy-to-store product that may become the vaccine of choice for the developing world.

The results are based on an interim analysis of trials in the U.K. and Brazil of a vaccine developed by Oxford University and manufactured by AstraZeneca. No hospitalizations or severe cases of COVID-19 were reported in those receiving the vaccine.

AstraZeneca is the third major drug company to report late-stage data for a potential COVID-19 vaccine as the world waits for scientific breakthroughs that will end a pandemic that has pummeled the world economy and led to 1.4 million deaths. But unlike the others, the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine doesn’t have to be stored at ultra-cold temperatures, making it easier to distribute, especially in developing countries.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ...what does abortions have to do about a discussion on the COVID-19 pandemic?
    A comparison of numbers. Worldwide so far this year there have been 1,398,770 COVID19 deaths. The worldwide abortion count for this year is now over 38,184,650 and counting up at a rate of about 1 per second. It is your fellow liberals that were so offended by my daring to compare anything to one of your sacred cows who then went off on a tangent.

A comparison of numbers. Worldwide so far this year there have been 1,398,770 COVID19 deaths. The worldwide abortion count for this year is now over 38,184,650 and counting up at a rate of about 1 per second. It is your fellow liberals that were so offended by my daring to compare anything to one of your sacred cows who then went off on a tangent.
    Start another New Thread Genius
    Unless your afraid just like wearing a Mask?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Personally, I was fine with you pointing that out. I had gotten bored with this thread because everyone (myself included) keeps repeating the same thing over and over....masks work. Not they don't. Same ol' stuff, different day.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Duh start a new thread and knock yourself out Buddy
    It is a comparison to COVID10 deaths and therefore is valid for this thread. If one of you liberals want a thread on abortion then go ahead and start one.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

It is a comparison to COVID10 deaths and therefore is valid for this thread. If one of you liberals want a thread on abortion then go ahead and start one.

That's all we need is another thread started by the wacko's

Here You Go another Trump record
    12 Million Americans infected
    258,000 Dead Americans