Page 35 of 1541 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445851355351035 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Some counties panic buy toilet paper. As the Dutch announced the closing of bars coffee shops and other recreational spaces, panic buyers were sure to stock up on cannabis!
    Don't forget the Jack Daniel's or some good home made whiskey, wine and beer! If there is shortages on that....it could be as good as gold to take your mind off of the virus for a little while and remember what sanity used to be like.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Don't forget the Jack Daniel's or some good home made whiskey, wine and beer! If there is shortages on that....it could be as good as gold to take your mind off of the virus for a little while and remember what sanity used to be like.
    Also the fact that the active ingredient in most commercial hand sanitizers is not rubbing alcohol which can be poisonous if taken internally by a child. It is ethyl alcohol, drinking alcohol.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

certified scrub 500+ Posts

knot enuff guud knews, moar pleese!!!
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Not to mention when SHTF then it would be a great trade and bartering commodity.
    Whatever

Here we go - this is a new one!

Just had a call from one of our customers - wants the copier moved from one office to the office next door as - wait for it ......

The user in the office were the photocopier is ... wait for it ..

self isolating in the same office as the copier, he is unwell and thinks he has the virus!

They want the copier moved out so they can all use it.

you can guess what my responce was.

Dave

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Here we go - this is a new one!

Just had a call from one of our customers - wants the copier moved from one office to the office next door as - wait for it ......

The user in the office were the photocopier is ... wait for it ..

self isolating in the same office as the copier, he is unwell and thinks he has the virus!

They want the copier moved out so they can all use it.

you can guess what my responce was.

Dave
    Unless you want to go into the first office with a hazmat suit (which you probably cannot buy if you wanted to) and then spend time sanitizing the old copier, all for a very high fee, sell/ rent them a second copier.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    knot enuff guud knews, moar pleese!!!
    The good news: I have plenty of beer, food, medicine, entertainment, and time to spring clean!

The bad news: My family and I are in quarantine after my youngest (who has always had minor respiratory issues) and myself developed symptoms and tested negative for all the other crap.

The Problem: We don’t know what we have, and 3 local health departments have told us “we don’t fit the criteria” to be tested, even with a doctor’s referral! WTF!? 22 “confirmed cases” in my state.

So, we’re just hunkering down now, and we’ll see where this all goes, not too worried, pretty sure my daughter and I are on the up and up now, and over the worst of it (we were really bad for about 4 days).

Anybody else hearing anything like this in your areas as far as testing? I understand that they’re more than likely shorthanded on tests and inundated with patients, and even if you were to get tested and it was positive there’s really not much you can do about it, but if they want an accurate count, they shouldn’t be turning potential carriers away from testing. IMO
    Omertà

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    The good news: I have plenty of beer, food, medicine, entertainment, and time to spring clean!

The bad news: My family and I are in quarantine after my youngest (who has always had minor respiratory issues) and myself developed symptoms and tested negative for all the other crap.

The Problem: We don’t know what we have, and 3 local health departments have told us “we don’t fit the criteria” to be tested, even with a doctor’s referral! WTF!? 22 “confirmed cases” in my state.

So, we’re just hunkering down now, and we’ll see where this all goes, not too worried, pretty sure my daughter and I are on the up and up now, and over the worst of it (we were really bad for about 4 days).

Anybody else hearing anything like this in your areas as far as testing? I understand that they’re more than likely shorthanded on tests and inundated with patients, and even if you were to get tested and it was positive there’s really not much you can do about it, but if they want an accurate count, they shouldn’t be turning potential carriers away from testing. IMO

All the best for you guys. Yea being turned away for lab tests are unacceptable.

My friend in Cape Town ZA got exposed, him and the entire company he works for.
    Cost him about R1000 or $60US to get tested, private pathologists that is.
    Whatever