Page 37 of 175 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1748
  1. #361
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    FrohnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nebraska, USA ------ GO BIG RED
    Posts
    1,061
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Just an FYI for you. Health experts are suggesting people don't use ibuprofen based products (Motrin, Advil, etc) for treating Covid symptoms. They say to use acetaminophen based products (Tylenol, Excedrin, etc). Something to do with ibuprofen messing with the immune response.
    I saw something about that a week or so ago.
    Just checked and now the World Health Organization says “it’s fine to use”.
    A French healthcare professional was the one who started that rumor, but it has now been “debunked”.
    Omertà

  2. #362
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,354
    Rep Power
    270

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    I saw something about that a week or so ago.
    Just checked and now the World Health Organization says “it’s fine to use”.
    A French healthcare professional was the one who started that rumor, but it has now been “debunked”.
    The question now becomes "how long will it take for this information to get out to the idiots who are now hoarding Tylenol/acetaminophen"?

  3. #363
    Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    2,724
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    I saw something about that a week or so ago.
    Just checked and now the World Health Organization says “it’s fine to use”.
    A French healthcare professional was the one who started that rumor, but it has now been “debunked”.
    Good to know.

  4. #364
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,159
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Copier cleaning guide

    Depending on where you live and the increased regulations about social distancing, I would expect the use of office copiers shared by large work groups will decline for the next few weeks or months.

    Some jurisdictions are prohibiting all non essential businesses to operate. Although many copier dealerships provide primarily only business to business services, I am not sure if this is an essential service.

    Copier Cleaning Guide.jpg

  5. #365
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,968
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    In some cases the machines need to keep on rolling like invoice and statements for big companies.
    Whatever

  6. #366
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,354
    Rep Power
    270

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Copier cleaning guide

    Depending on where you live and the increased regulations about social distancing, I would expect the use of office copiers shared by large work groups will decline for the next few weeks or months.

    Some jurisdictions are prohibiting all non essential businesses to operate. Although many copier dealerships provide primarily only business to business services, I am not sure if this is an essential service.

    Copier Cleaning Guide.jpg
    With many schools going to online instruction or telling parents to home school, the use of their copiers/printers/etc have probably dropped off considerably.

  7. #367
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,968
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    With many schools going to online instruction or telling parents to home school, the use of their copiers/printers/etc have probably dropped off considerably.
    This could put them into a long term mindset of paper use...
    Whatever

  8. #368
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,159
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Places like Best Buy Electronics are seeing explosive sales in anything related to enabling work from home, including refrigerators.

    There is talk that this Corona Virus pandemic will accelerate the office imaging industry five years into the future, not in a good way for printed page volumes.

    People may not quickly come back to their shared office workspace when they learn that they can work effectively from home and in an exclusively digital world.

    More and more of our customers are going to realize that they do not need to accomplish tasks the same old way they have done it before.

    When people learn a new way of accomplishing their tasks, they very rarely go back to the old way.

    The new work from home attitude will expedite that 24/7 gig economy.

    Gig Economy Definition

    In a gig economy, temporary, flexible jobs are commonplace and companies tend toward hiring independent contractors and freelancers instead of full-time employees. A gig economy undermines the traditional economy of full-time workers who rarely change positions and instead focus on a lifetime career.

  9. #369
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,968
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Places like Best Buy Electronics are seeing explosive sales in anything related to enabling work from home, including refrigerators.

    There is talk that this Corona Virus pandemic will accelerate the office imaging industry five years into the future, not in a good way for printed page volumes.

    People may not quickly come back to their shared office workspace when they learn that they can work effectively from home and in an exclusively digital world.

    More and more of our customers are going to realize that they do not need to accomplish tasks the same old way they have done it before.

    When people learn a new way of accomplishing their tasks, they very rarely go back to the old way.

    The new work from home attitude will expedite that 24/7 gig economy.

    Gig Economy Definition

    In a gig economy, temporary, flexible jobs are commonplace and companies tend toward hiring independent contractors and freelancers instead of full-time employees. A gig economy undermines the traditional economy of full-time workers who rarely change positions and instead focus on a lifetime career.
    Very true about paper use, we all know that this need to change luck for us it been a slow change.
    Many companies takes advantage of the demand of this crisis. Just thing of a company producing IPA in this time.
    Whatever

  10. #370
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    7,911
    Rep Power
    166

    Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Places like Best Buy Electronics are seeing explosive sales in anything related to enabling work from home, including refrigerators.

    There is talk that this Corona Virus pandemic will accelerate the office imaging industry five years into the future, not in a good way for printed page volumes.

    People may not quickly come back to their shared office workspace when they learn that they can work effectively from home and in an exclusively digital world.

    More and more of our customers are going to realize that they do not need to accomplish tasks the same old way they have done it before.

    When people learn a new way of accomplishing their tasks, they very rarely go back to the old way.

    The new work from home attitude will expedite that 24/7 gig economy.

    Gig Economy Definition

    In a gig economy, temporary, flexible jobs are commonplace and companies tend toward hiring independent contractors and freelancers instead of full-time employees. A gig economy undermines the traditional economy of full-time workers who rarely change positions and instead focus on a lifetime career.

    so more people working from home.. buying the cheep home printer/MFP..

    can WE expect an upsurge in 'end users' coming here picking our brains for a $0 fix?

    at least the Contributions to CTN will rise some too! A plus for us and the site.

    maybe this could even lead to Indy jobs coming if the user is close by.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here