Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

COVID Vaccine Now Being Tested on Young Children

The drug company Moderna announced Tuesday it has begun to test the effects of its coronavirus vaccine on children under 12, including babies as old as 6 months.
    The company expects to enroll 6,750 healthy children in the United States and Canada for the study, according to the news release.
    “There’s a huge demand to find out about vaccinating kids and what it does,” Dr. David Wohl, University of North Carolina’s vaccine clinic medical director, told The New York Times. He is not involved with the study.

Moderna is also testing the vaccine in 3,000 children between the ages of 12 and 17 in a separate study and is expected to have results by summer.
    The vaccine is not yet authorized for use in children, so it would need to be approved before children could be inoculated.

As of March 11, over 3.28 million children have tested positive for COVID-19, about 13.2 percent of total cases, the American Academy of Pediatrics reported.
    Children also accounted for 0-0.19 percent of all COVID-19 deaths.

Although severe illness due to the novel coronavirus is rare among children, the American Academy of Pediatrics has called for more testing of the vaccine as well as long-term effects of the virus on children.
    “Trials in children must keep pace with the tremendous amount of data being generated in adult trials, and this should be initiated safely and as soon as possible so there could be a vaccine authorized for younger children before the next school year begins,” AAP President Dr. Sara Goza said in a news release.

Vaccine side effects like fever, sore arms and fatigue can be more intense in children, so doctors say it is important for parents to know how the COVID-19 vaccine will affect their children.
    The children in Moderna’s new study will receive two shots, 28 days apart.
    In the first part of the study, children under 12 could receive doses of 50 or 100 micrograms.

Children under 2 years may receive two shots of 25, 50 or 100 micrograms.
    The first children in the study will receive the lowest dose and will be monitored before later participants are considered for a higher dose.

A typical dose of Modernal’s vaccine is 0.5 milliliters, according to the vaccine fact sheet.
    As of February 16, Moderna has provided 45.4 million doses of its vaccine to the United States government, according to a news release.
    The company expects to deliver an additional 100 million doses by the end of March, followed by an additional 200 million doses by the end of May and July.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    COVID Vaccine Now Being Tested on Young Children

The drug company Moderna announced Tuesday it has begun to test the effects of its coronavirus vaccine on children under 12, including babies as old as 6 months.
    The company expects to enroll 6,750 healthy children in the United States and Canada for the study, according to the news release.
    “There’s a huge demand to find out about vaccinating kids and what it does,” Dr. David Wohl, University of North Carolina’s vaccine clinic medical director, told The New York Times. He is not involved with the study.

Moderna is also testing the vaccine in 3,000 children between the ages of 12 and 17 in a separate study and is expected to have results by summer.
    The vaccine is not yet authorized for use in children, so it would need to be approved before children could be inoculated.

As of March 11, over 3.28 million children have tested positive for COVID-19, about 13.2 percent of total cases, the American Academy of Pediatrics reported.
    Children also accounted for 0-0.19 percent of all COVID-19 deaths.

Although severe illness due to the novel coronavirus is rare among children, the American Academy of Pediatrics has called for more testing of the vaccine as well as long-term effects of the virus on children.
    “Trials in children must keep pace with the tremendous amount of data being generated in adult trials, and this should be initiated safely and as soon as possible so there could be a vaccine authorized for younger children before the next school year begins,” AAP President Dr. Sara Goza said in a news release.

Vaccine side effects like fever, sore arms and fatigue can be more intense in children, so doctors say it is important for parents to know how the COVID-19 vaccine will affect their children.
    The children in Moderna’s new study will receive two shots, 28 days apart.
    In the first part of the study, children under 12 could receive doses of 50 or 100 micrograms.

Children under 2 years may receive two shots of 25, 50 or 100 micrograms.
    The first children in the study will receive the lowest dose and will be monitored before later participants are considered for a higher dose.

A typical dose of Modernal’s vaccine is 0.5 milliliters, according to the vaccine fact sheet.
    As of February 16, Moderna has provided 45.4 million doses of its vaccine to the United States government, according to a news release.
    The company expects to deliver an additional 100 million doses by the end of March, followed by an additional 200 million doses by the end of May and July.
    This is a problem, I have done extensive research into vaccinations and children, the problem with giving children under 2 years of age vaccinations, is that their immune system is NOT FULLY DEVELOPED. If you start to give infants and toddlers vaccinations before their immune system develops it will cause major issues! I have a ton of research papers from legitimate medical professionals who have spoken out about the MMR doses on young children and the effects of doing so. Now they want to inject a vaccine that has NO LONG TERM STUDIES, into children.....it's a problem, it's even down right SICK!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    This is a problem, I have done extensive research into vaccinations and children, the problem with giving children under 2 years of age vaccinations, is that their immune system is NOT FULLY DEVELOPED. If you start to give infants and toddlers vaccinations before their immune system develops it will cause major issues! I have a ton of research papers from legitimate medical professionals who have spoken out about the MMR doses on young children and the effects of doing so. Now they want to inject a vaccine that has NO LONG TERM STUDIES, into children.....it's a problem, it's even down right SICK!
    I totally agree. This should be done only on the targeted age group(s).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I totally agree. This should be done only on the targeted age group(s).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    If parents are not outraged by this...something is wrong. Or, anyone for that matter! It's like giving the keys to a vehicle that has had no testing whatsoever, "here are the keys to your new car, but we have not crash tested this car to get any crash test safety ratings... but we feel its safe for your family!! Good luck!"

When Southern California’s theme parks reopen as early as April, it could be with one very significant and silent difference: no screaming on rides.

The California Attractions and Parks Association (CAPA), a trade group which represents theme parks statewide, is backing a plan that would tamp down on shouting on rides, such as rollercoasters, in an effort to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Like I said. Just because you refuse to accept the evidence, doesn't make the evidence any less valid.
    The real problem I have is a face mask is considered the equivalent of a face covering over here,
    women of other religions choose to wear them. So I can wear something that was never designed for medical purposes
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    The real problem I have is a face mask is considered the equivalent of a face covering over here,
    women of other religions choose to wear them. So I can wear something that was never designed for medical purposes

Good for you finally coming out

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

Anti maskers have certainly proved this to be true.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    You're going to have to explain this one.
    I'm trying to understand. Tell me if I'm getting warm. Because Muslim women wear their face covering, you have a problem with wearing a mask yourself? I don't see a correlation between you wearing a mask and women wearing their face covering.