Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

JUST IN: New CDC study finds that nearly 80% of people hospitalized for Covid-19 were overweight or obese

Key Things to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines

Key Things to Know
    Updated Mar. 13, 2021
    Key Things to Know
    COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
    You may have side effects after vaccination, but these are normal.
    It typically takes two weeks after you are fully vaccinated for the body to build protection (immunity) against the virus that causes COVID-19.
    Vaccines will become widely available, in the coming months. Find a COVID-19 vaccine.
    People who have been fully vaccinated can start to do some things that they had stopped doing because of the pandemic.

This is what they want to do.. instill FEAR in everybody in order to control you.

Biden's CDC Director Pushes Fear-Focused Message of 'Impending Doom'

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director became emotional Monday while speaking about “the recurring feeling I have of impending doom.”
    “When I first started at CDC about two months ago, I made a promise to you. I would tell you the truth even if it was not the news you wanted,” CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said.
    WOW a veteran of a WHOLE TWO MONTHS!?

“Now is one of those times when I have to share the truth and I have to hope and trust you will listen. I’m gonna pause here, I’m gonna lose the script and I’m gonna reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom,” she said.

“We have so much to look forward to, so much promise and potential of where we are and so much reason for hope, but right now I’m scared.”
    The Food and Drug Administration has approved the Moderna vaccine, the Pfizer vaccine and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

On March 2, President Joe Biden said the U.S. is set to have vaccines available for all American adults by May 31.
    The U.S. has nearly 550,000 reported COVID-19 deaths and over 30 million reported cases as of Monday at 11:27 a.m., according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

As of March 24, daily cases organized as a weekly average rose 6.7 percent compared to the previous week, according to a CDC post updated Friday. Daily hospitalizations went up 0.1 percent compared to the week before.
    Walensky empathized with physicians who are “the last person to touch someone else’s loved one because their loved one couldn’t be there,” and said she understands the concern about having “the resources to take care of the patients in front of you.”

The CDC director further empathized with “that feeling of nausea when you read the crisis standards of care and you wonder whether there are gonna be enough ventilators to go around and who’s gonna make that choice.”
    “I know what it is like to pull up to your hospital every day and see the extra morgue sitting outside,” Walensky said.
    “I didn’t know at the time when it would stop, we didn’t have the science to tell us. We were just scared. We have come such a long way, three historic scientific breakthrough vaccines and we are rolling ’em out so very fast.”

“So I’m speaking today not necessarily as your CDC director and not only as your CDC director, but as a wife, as a mother, as a daughter to ask you to just please hold on a little while longer,” Walensky said.
    “I so badly want to be done. I know you all so badly want to be done. We are just almost there, but not quite yet.”

This is NOT the way to instill Confidence - Trust in the system. People in today's can't handle the truth. They MUST be coddled and pampered. But that's the democrats roll.

Walensky asked people not to give up and to receive the vaccine when permitted “so that all of those people that we all love will still be here when this pandemic ends.”

“When I first started at CDC about two months ago, I made a promise to you. I would tell you the truth even if it was not the news you wanted,” CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said.

Sounds Great too me. maybe you should listen for a CHANGE

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I just got my 2nd Moderna shot Monday. The slight side effects, identical to the first shot, were soreness at the injection site, a little nausea and a little fatigue. Tuesday I felt like normal, with one exception: I felt like a load of worry disappeared, worry that I did not even know I had been carrying around. (insert thumbs up icon)
    Grrreat News!

Doctor's warning on COVID-19: "Variants have won… every single one of my patients has the variant"

In Ontario, Canada's largest province by population, right now there are more patients hospitalized with the B111 COVID-19 variant than the original virus.

The patients are typically 20-40 years old and from the service sector. They are often racialized or marginalized and are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 virus shot.

COVID has also created an immense backlog of delayed or deferred non COVID related care. Everyday surgeries are cancelled. Over the last many months these cases add up and those needs do not go away.

There is going to be a tsunami of non COVID care required that is coming once the population reaches herd immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Doctor's warning on COVID-19: "Variants have won… every single one of my patients has the variant"

In Ontario, Canada's largest province by population, right now there are more patients hospitalized with the B111 COVID-19 variant than the original virus.

The patients are typically 20-40 years old and from the service sector. They are often racialized or marginalized and are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 virus shot.

COVID has also created an immense backlog of delayed or deferred non COVID related care. Everyday surgeries are cancelled. Over the last many months these cases add up and those needs do not go away.

There is going to be a tsunami of non COVID care required that is coming once the population reaches herd immunity.

This is a direct result of the failures of Trudeau on the vaccine front. Needless lives lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    This is what they want to do.. instill FEAR in everybody in order to control you.

Biden's CDC Director Pushes Fear-Focused Message of 'Impending Doom'

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director became emotional Monday while speaking about “the recurring feeling I have of impending doom.”
    WOW a veteran of a WHOLE TWO MONTHS!?

“Now is one of those times when I have to share the truth and I have to hope and trust you will listen. I’m gonna pause here, I’m gonna lose the script and I’m gonna reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom,” she said.

“We have so much to look forward to, so much promise and potential of where we are and so much reason for hope, but right now I’m scared.”
    The Food and Drug Administration has approved the Moderna vaccine, the Pfizer vaccine and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

On March 2, President Joe Biden said the U.S. is set to have vaccines available for all American adults by May 31.
    The U.S. has nearly 550,000 reported COVID-19 deaths and over 30 million reported cases as of Monday at 11:27 a.m., according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

As of March 24, daily cases organized as a weekly average rose 6.7 percent compared to the previous week, according to a CDC post updated Friday. Daily hospitalizations went up 0.1 percent compared to the week before.
    Walensky empathized with physicians who are “the last person to touch someone else’s loved one because their loved one couldn’t be there,” and said she understands the concern about having “the resources to take care of the patients in front of you.”

The CDC director further empathized with “that feeling of nausea when you read the crisis standards of care and you wonder whether there are gonna be enough ventilators to go around and who’s gonna make that choice.”
    “I know what it is like to pull up to your hospital every day and see the extra morgue sitting outside,” Walensky said.
    “I didn’t know at the time when it would stop, we didn’t have the science to tell us. We were just scared. We have come such a long way, three historic scientific breakthrough vaccines and we are rolling ’em out so very fast.”

“So I’m speaking today not necessarily as your CDC director and not only as your CDC director, but as a wife, as a mother, as a daughter to ask you to just please hold on a little while longer,” Walensky said.
    “I so badly want to be done. I know you all so badly want to be done. We are just almost there, but not quite yet.”

This is NOT the way to instill Confidence - Trust in the system. People in today's can't handle the truth. They MUST be coddled and pampered. But that's the democrats roll.

Walensky asked people not to give up and to receive the vaccine when permitted “so that all of those people that we all love will still be here when this pandemic ends.”

Highly contagious and more deadly COVID-19 variants pose a great risk to the USA. The US is not tracking variants right now.

The USA is a much more open society than Canada where citizens assume that they have the right to travel where they want and do business in any way they choose. Air travel in the USA is way up. This is setting the country up for a 3rd wave of COVID related infections where nobody knows the long term consequences after you get vaccinated.

This is why President Biden and the CDC are advising citizens to get vaccinated as quickly as possible. They are racing against a potential 3rd wave in the USA.

This is not a political message it is a public health and safety message.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    This is a direct result of the failures of Trudeau on the vaccine front. Needless lives lost.
    The highly contagious COVID variants are coming for the USA and have already arrived. With the mass congregations and the mass travel now happening again in the USA, the situation is definitely setting itself up again in favor of the pandemic. Infections are rising once again.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The highly contagious COVID variants are coming for the USA and have already arrived. With the mass congregations and the mass travel now happening again in the USA, the situation is definitely setting itself up again in favor of the pandemic. Infections are rising once again.

That's not the point. The point is that the USA is doing a much better job of vaccinating it's people where Canada ranks very low in the world in vaccinations and needless lives are lost. There's no arguing that.