Page 68 of 167 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

sounds like you went for ddwrt method
    How to Setup a VPN Server Using a DD-WRT Router
    Dual-router setup w/ a dedicated VPN Router: A step-by-step tutorial
    am I missing anything???

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Re. Small business/home networks.
    I assume you know networks and are familiar with sub-netting, routing etc...

Compatible hardware and firmware:
    You may need to update your modem/router firmware to accept VPN protocols. No big deal for most copier techs.
    There are real tricks and traps to the router firmware update , otherwise you could brick your router/modem.

Custom Router Firmware:
    Custom Router, firmware update (and its many flavours) is a very in-depth subject. It is not for the faint hearted an a five second fix.
    Assuming first that you have a home router that can take custom VPN firmware. If not, buy a dual processor router that can handle all the CPU intensive commands of real time VPN encryption, Wifi,cable TV without peeing off your teenage sons online game of "mateship life an death" warcraft at the same time.

If you have a router that has CPU processor power and has VPN capabilities then you're one step closer.

We haven't got into configuring the VPN protocols inside the router as yet...

As I've said to many apprentices: "Nothing is hard once you know how".
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n25an View Post
    wow has this thread gone sidewards!

Aging Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    wow has this thread gone sidewards!
    Pretty soon it will be a discussion on computer viruses.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I shall endeavor to stay on target...

Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Back down the rabbit hole...

6 1/2 Minute video

When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

I never thought I would read such an honest report from the BBC

In the UK, for example, the Department of Health and Social Care releases daily updates on how many people who tested positive for Covid-19 died that day. This includes any patient who tested positive for Covid-19 but who might have died from another condition (for example, terminal cancer). But the UK’s Office for National Statistics counts all deaths as Covid-19 where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, regardless of whether they were tested or if it was merely a suspected case of Covid-19.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

For all of you nay sayers who oppose the use of hydroxychloroquine simply because President Trump supports the use of it and you you feel that it needs proper and complete testing, a year and a half from now after that testing has approved hydroxychloroquine as an accepted treatment what will you say to the families and friends of those who will have died, but could have lived if they had been treated with hydroxychloroquine?

Omertà

Kind of a random thought/s, feel free to chime in.
    Does anyone else think that the "Daily Total" for Chinese Covid Numbers should be fluctuating (kind of like the stock market)??
    All I see is that "Total number of infections" number climbing, but shouldn't it go down when someone recovers or dies?
    They don't tell you that almost 350,000 (of those who tested positve) have made a full recovery, so we take 1,136,000 and subtract 350k, brings us back down to 786,000 "currently infected", then we subtract the deaths 94,000 and were down to 692,000 "active cases". Then when more get sick, we should see it rise, then go back down, then rise, back down, rise, down, etc. etc.
    They don't say much about how 96% of cases are "mild or barely any symptoms", and only 4% of cases are "serious or critical".
    They just keep plastering that rising infection number and number of deaths. And now that more testing is being done, it's very common sense that "the numbers will rise". I threw a warning out on this thread like a month or so ago that said something to the extent of "Once Tests become more available and more testing is done, it's only common sense that "the numbers will rise, and the media and democrats will use 'sudden surges in the numbers' to stoke fear and panic again".
    Just heard Dr. Birx Admit that "If you die and you have Covid in your system, then that death will be chalked up to Covid". So, that begs the question, are they padding those death numbers???
    Omertà

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Kind of a random thought/s, feel free to chime in.
    Does anyone else think that the "Daily Total" for Chinese Covid Numbers should be fluctuating (kind of like the stock market)??
    All I see is that "Total number of infections" number climbing, but shouldn't it go down when someone recovers or dies?
    They don't tell you that almost 350,000 (of those who tested positve) have made a full recovery, so we take 1,136,000 and subtract 350k, brings us back down to 786,000 "currently infected", then we subtract the deaths 94,000 and were down to 692,000 "active cases". Then when more get sick, we should see it rise, then go back down, then rise, back down, rise, down, etc. etc.
    They don't say much about how 96% of cases are "mild or barely any symptoms", and only 4% of cases are "serious or critical".
    They just keep plastering that rising infection number and number of deaths. And now that more testing is being done, it's very common sense that "the numbers will rise". I threw a warning out on this thread like a month or so ago that said something to the extent of "Once Tests become more available and more testing is done, it's only common sense that "the numbers will rise, and the media and democrats will use 'sudden surges in the numbers' to stoke fear and panic again".
    Just heard Dr. Birx Admit that "If you die and you have Covid in your system, then that death will be chalked up to Covid". So, that begs the question, are they padding those death numbers???

many cuntries are saying the 'feel/believe' the numbers coming from China are whacked (Iran being one)
    ... Reporters FROM China ( that have defected ) have documented this. They are a communist state that has ALWAYS lied and scammed the word system... and the W.H.O. have been going along with it. But since the leader OF the W.H.O. is a communist himself.. what the hell can we expect from them!