Page 80 of 1541 FirstFirst ... 307071727374757677787980818283848586878889901301805801080 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Pharming from the words Farming and Pharmaceutical.
    htttps://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/american_english/pharming
    pharming noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes | Oxford Advanced American Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com

Pharming to change the genes of an animal to produce substance. Whether that substance is good for the animal or otherwise.
    Pharmacology: (By deduced definition)
    To replace one toxin with another until the body can remove the toxin.

Is it a coincidence where medical and computer "Pharming" are defined under the same dictionary heading. The distinction of each definition could be construed as being similiar to one another.

Just a coincidence....
    ------------------------------------------------ Insert --------------------------------------------

Definition of pharming noun from the Oxford Advanced American Dictionary

• pharming

noun

/ˈfɑrmɪŋ/

[uncountable]

• the process of changing the genes of an animal or a plant so that it produces large quantities of a substance, especially for use in medicinecows and sheep used in pharmingpharming technologyFrom “farming” and “pharmaceutical.”
    • the practice of secretly changing computer files or software so that visitors to a popular Web site are sent to a different Web site instead, without their knowledge, where their personal details are stolen and used to steal money from them

I honestly don't know if you are trying to make some kind of point here, but there are lots of words in the English language that have multiple meanings.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

BOMBSHELL: Memo Reveals When Chinese President Xi Knew Outbreak Was ‘Severe’ ‘Epidemic’ | The Daily Wire

Leaked documents reveal that Chinese Communist President Xi Jinping knew that the coronavirus outbreak in China was a highly contagious “epidemic” at the same time that China told the World Health Organization (WHO) that there was no “evidence of human-to-human transmission.”The Associated Press reported late on Tuesday night that leaked internal documents from China show that Xi knew that the situation was dire and that the “risk of transmission and spread” was “high” by January 14 at the latest, the same day that the WHO downplayed the outbreak.
    Omertà

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Rita Wilson and her husband Tom Hanks were the first celebrities to reveal they tested positive for the coronavirus last month. Now, the singer and actress has opened up in greater detail about the couple's symptoms and their experience with the controversial drug chloroquine.

Rita Wilson opens up about coronavirus symptoms, warns about '''extreme''' chloroquine side effects | Fox News

"I was very tired. I felt extremely achy," Wilson detailed her symptoms to King. "Uncomfortable, didn't want to be touched and then the fever started. Chills like I've never had before. Looking back, I realize I was also losing my sense of taste and smell which I didn't realize at the time."
    Wilson shared her fever reached its highest temperature about nine days following her positive test results.
    "I think it got close to 102," she said.

The actress revealed she was given chloroquine, a drug that has been used to prevent and treat malaria that is being studied as a possible COVID-19 treatment.
    She said her fever subsided after taking chloroquine, but she's not sure if it's the reason it went away.
    "I can only tell you that I don't know if the drug worked or if it was just time for my fever to break, but my fever did break," she explained. "But the chloroquine had extreme side effects."

After being treated with chloroquine, Wilson shared she felt "completely nauseous" and suffered from vertigo.
    "I could not walk," she said. "My muscles felt very weak."
    "I think people have to be very considerate about that drug," the star added. "We don't really know if it's helpful in this case."

Putting your trust in what President Trump has to say about medicine can be fatal.

Just couldn't help yourself, huh? Had to put that last little parting shot about Trump in there.

As for Rita's "Extreme side-effects", that's laughable! Nausea and "vertigo"!?!? People get that when they drink a couple shots too many! I've had worse side-effects from Spinning in a circle in my front lawn!
    You want to talk about "extreme side-effects" - Just turn your T.V. on, and watch ANY drug commercial. "(Insert Drug Here)'s Side effects include, but are not limited to: High BP/ Extreme weight loss/ Eyes turn yellow and bleed/ lowers your immune system/ higher risk for heart attack/ blindness/ hearing loss/ weight gain/ rashes/ kidney failure/ sudden fainting/ trouble breathing/ no appetite/ yadda yadda yadda....."

So, I'm thinking people will be fine with a little nausea and dizziness.

As with any Drug.....I think people are going off what their Doctor's suggest......The same doctor's that are the ones who Actually prescribe or Administer the medicine. Don't think President Trump is making that choice for them.
    Omertà

People are angry and they aren't going to take it anymore...

this will either make or break that governors political career...

OPERATION GRIDLOCK

Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n25an View Post
    People are angry and they aren't going to take it anymore...

this will either make or break that governors political career...

OPERATION GRIDLOCK

curious if the hospitals in Lansing will see a surge in the coming days..Hope not

that reminds me... when this stay at home order ends... there are going to be
    1. a lot of divorces
    2. a lot of medical malpractice lawsuits
    3. a shortage on people going into medicine
    4. a lot of lawyers getting rich

anything you guys think will happen when this stay at home order is done...

hint hint... wink... wink... media has discovered a fresh surge of radicals... cough... covid 19... virus cases... lol

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    curious if the hospitals in Lansing will see a surge in the coming days..Hope not

I bet that governor of michigan is saying...

small business rescue loan program is out of money
    Small-business rescue program hits limit and is now out of money