Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    UK’s Boris Johnson to extend Covid restrictions in England, reports say

• Restrictions were due to be lifted on June 21, but British media reports suggest this could now be pushed back as late as July 19.
    • New figures from Public Health England indicate that 42,323 cases of the delta variant of the coronavirus have now been confirmed across the U.K., an increase of 240% from last week.
    • Until now, all previous relaxations of stringent nationwide lockdown measures have gone ahead as planned.

Boris Johnson is expected to announce a delay to the next phase of England’s reopening of up to four weeks on Monday, amid a surge in the delta variant of Covid-19 first discovered in India.

Rules on the use of face masks, limiting the number of people who can meeting indoors and out, and shutting nightclubs and similar venues were due to be lifted on June 21, but British media reports suggest this could now be pushed back as late as July 19. At the moment, gatherings are limited to six people indoors and 30 outdoors.

People will also be advised to continue working from home where possible, according to reports.

New figures from Public Health England indicate that 42,323 cases of the delta variant of the coronavirus have now been confirmed across the U.K., an increase of 240% from last week, while the country’s transmission rate is at its highest since January.

More than 70 million vaccine doses have been administered across the U.K., with around 80% of the country having now received at least one dose. But a PHE paper in late May showed that the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines were only 33% effective against the delta variant after a single shot.
    Stop trying to scare folks with misleading information.

CEO "comfortable" Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine protects against more severe Delta variant

Pfizer's CEO is expressing confidence about the efficacy of his company's COVID-19 vaccine against the Delta variant, which was first discovered in India and has America's top scientists sounding the alarm.

"I feel quite comfortable that we cover it," Pfizer CEO and Chairman Albert Bourla told CBS News' Jan Crawford. "We will not need a special vaccine for it. The current vaccine should cover it."

The United States is about to reach 600,000 recorded coronavirus deaths, even with conditions dramatically improving thanks to widespread vaccination.

Over the weekend, leaders from the world's seven wealthiest democracies committed to donating more than one billion vaccine doses to poorer countries over the next year. The U.S. is contributing about half of those doses through a partnership with Pfizer.

And Bourla believes Pfizer is ready to leap into action with new vaccines to protect against the possible variants within 100 days.

"We have surveillance systems in all the countries — all over the world —when a new variant emerges, immediately, we are testing how the current vaccine behaves compared to this variant," he said.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Stop trying to scare folks with misleading information.
    ... one requires a 2nd dose of Pfizer COVID vaccine to be considered safe from the D variant.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And if it just happens to be laced with something like fentanyl or carfentanil it might get rid of a few druggies. Of course their loved ones might also sue for wrongful death.
    Just reading through some of these older posts...LMFAO.

How old are you guys ?! Fuck man, you all must have raised dinosaurs as pets and the first copiers you worked on were pterodactyls !

This is like listening to my Grandfather telling me about the "evil Jazz music' or how "MTV is making kids gay"...lol. "laced with something like fentanyl or carfentanil"...remind us again how we shouldn't trust the "lame stream media" while you use talking points from 1912...priceless!

Now if you will excuse me, I must go smoke a joint, sweat profusely, and jump out of a high rise window !

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... one requires a 2nd dose of Pfizer COVID vaccine to be considered safe from the D variant.

Ya think? We know we're supposed to get the 2nd shot when we get the first one. That's why they give us an appointment to come back. There's no need to be extending lockdowns. That's just foolish.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Just reading through some of these older posts...LMFAO.

How old are you guys ?! Fuck man, you all must have raised dinosaurs as pets and the first copiers you worked on were pterodactyls !

This is like listening to my Grandfather telling me about the "evil Jazz music' or how "MTV is making kids gay"...lol. "laced with something like fentanyl or carfentanil"...remind us again how we shouldn't trust the "lame stream media" while you use talking points from 1912...priceless!

Now if you will excuse me, I must go smoke a joint, sweat profusely, and jump out of a high rise window !

I don't know how well you keep up with the news. The CDC has reported that opioid and synthetic opioid deaths rose 1,125% between 2011 and 2017. https://www.livestories.com/statisti...aths-mortality

At last report there have been 61 deaths attributed to the synthetic opioids fentanyl and carfentanil so far this year compared to only 52 homicides.
    https://www.kget.com/news/local-news...anyl-overdose/
    Homicide Tracker

Now get you head out of you ass and start paying attention to what is happening NOW.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I don't know how well you keep up with the news. The CDC has reported that opioid and synthetic opioid deaths rose 1,125% between 2011 and 2017. Kern County Fentanyl Death Statistics | LiveStories

At last report there have been 61 deaths attributed to the synthetic opioids fentanyl and carfentanil so far this year compared to only 52 homicides.
    Heather Butterworth: Not just another fentanyl overdose | KGET 17
    Homicide Tracker

Now get you head out of you ass and start paying attention to what is happening NOW.
    Opioids, synthetic or otherwise, being to compared to marijuana just re-enforces my point of older generations being out of touch with current society. Of those statistics you listed, how many came from tainted Jazz Cabbage? I'd bet my best screwdriver the answer is zero.

And yes, I have heard about something referred to as the "Opioid Crisis" and common sense would anticipate a rise in all opioid consumption during such a crisis.

How many marijuana related deaths this year, or ever for that matter ?
    I will answer for you; ZERO.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Opioids, synthetic or otherwise, being to compared to marijuana just re-enforces my point of older generations being out of touch with current society. Of those statistics you listed, how many came from tainted Jazz Cabbage? I'd bet my best screwdriver the answer is zero.

And yes, I have heard about something referred to as the "Opioid Crisis" and common sense would anticipate a rise in all opioid consumption during such a crisis.

How many marijuana related deaths this year, or ever for that matter ?
    I will answer for you; ZERO.

And your facts come from where? Your pusher man? Your marijuana provider? I hope you never make him/her mad because if you do, you could find out about laced marijuana. Remember, it is not the weed that kills, it is what someone deliberately adds to it.

And your facts come from where? Your pusher man? Your marijuana provider? I hope you never make him/her mad because if you do, you could find out about laced marijuana. Remember, it is not the weed that kills, it is what someone deliberately adds to it.

... really, you need to suck on some good 21% THC reefer. Your underwear has been cutting off the oxygen to your brain for far too long.

... stuck in the 70s much?