Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Don't be an idiot, jackass. It's not like Trump was brewing the vaccine in his basement. The same vaccine that Democrats were warning folks about is the same vaccine that went in their arm. And yours too.

I'm gonna continue to point out the bullshit by democrats and you're marching lock-stip with 'em.

Maybe you are referring to a different article than the one you posted.
    In the one you posted they simply say they don't trust trump. Quite prudent, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    A message to my liberal friends: Please read with an open mind and hopefully we can come together over this one issue where Biden and Harris have done so much harm to the vaccine effort. You know I've been talking about this for a while.

Still whining about the Failed Trump Administration vaccine rollout Great Job keep it up

What wrong with Mississippi YOUR fail state at the bottom on vaccinated people list?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Still whining about the Failed Trump Administration vaccine rollout Great Job keep it up

What wrong with Mississippi YOUR fail state at the bottom on vaccinated people list?
    Or you can say they are number one with people exercising their rights for themselves as weather or not they want the vaccine.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I heard on the local news last night that the Pfizer vaccine may need a third poke in order to protect against the delta variant. "Pfizer is using data from Israel that shows in certain populations there’s a marked decline in its vaccine effectiveness, from more than 90% down to about 64% as the delta variant spreads." Pfizer, US Health Officials At Odds Over Need For Third COVID-19 Vaccine Shot – CBS Philly

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Or you can say they are number one with people exercising their rights for themselves as weather or not they want the vaccine.
    Sorry Alabama the WORST
    But Mississippi not far behind

One of the world’s biggest cruise companies is suing Florida over the state’s so-called vaccine passport ban.

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings on Tuesday filed a lawsuit in federal court against Florida’s surgeon general, Scott Rivkees, to stop him from enforcing the ban, which was enacted as a state law earlier this year. The law says businesses in Florida can’t require customers to show proof of a vaccine.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I heard on the local news last night that the Pfizer vaccine may need a third poke in order to protect against the delta variant. "Pfizer is using data from Israel that shows in certain populations there’s a marked decline in its vaccine effectiveness, from more than 90% down to about 64% as the delta variant spreads." Pfizer, US Health Officials At Odds Over Need For Third COVID-19 Vaccine Shot – CBS Philly
    ... this was inevitable. Pockets of unvaccinated people create new variants.

COVID-19 infections are starting to rise across the USA with the new Delta and Lamda variants striking even young, healthy people down hard. Not something you want to take an unnecessary risk on. The side effects could stay with you for the rest of your life.

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. – Orange County leaders are once again recommending everyone to wear a mask when in crowded, indoor locations regardless of whether they are vaccinated. This guidance comes as Orange County’s positivity rate has jumped higher in the past two weeks.

According to Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings, the county’s 14-day rolling positivity rate now sits at 7.78%.

“Two weeks ago on June 28, it was 4.28%. We are now considered by the CDC the high-risk category for community transmission, that quite frankly is not good news for our county,” Demings said.

Dr. Raul Pino from the Florida Department of Health in Orange County said the county is also seeing a rise in COVID-19 cases and predicts that trend will continue.

Yesterday 406 cases of new infections were reported to the Florida Department of Health and we have been above 400 (a day) since Thursday. Now the week before that we were at 200 a day. So, it has doubled and it will double next week if we do not do what we need to do,” Pino said.

The doctor said the vaccination is key to stemming this new tide of infections.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I can't stop laughing.

Biden’s Covid vaccine campaign is sputtering. A washed up rapper thinks he can help.

The '90s rap star was vaccine hesitant, too. But he changed his mind and remixed his classic tune in hopes of convincing others, too.

This is not the Juvenile of old, the one with the signature, oversized white tee and backwards cap whose platinum records made him a fixture of awkward prom dances across America.

For one, the bling is much more understated, the hat is forward, and the shirt fits. The bigger tell, however, is in the video he’s just produced, the one he’s jumped on Zoom to talk about. The beat gives you flashbacks to his 1999 hit “Back that Thang Up.” And the video opens up with an homage to the original — a cloud of smoke that fades away; Juvenile standing behind four women with knees bent ready to … well, how do we say this journalistically … back that ass up. But the words don’t reflect the cultural excesses of the late ’90s; instead, they are squarely drawn from the age of the Covid-19 pandemic.

“Girl you look good, won't you vax that thang up. You's a handsome young brother, won't you vax that thang up. Date in real life you need to vax that thang up. Feeling freaky all night you need to vax that thang up.”

Vax. That. Thang. Up.

Yes, the Cash Money Rapper has recast himself as the ambassador of the jab. He’s one of a growing number of musicians, influencers, and cultural icons getting involved in the Covid-19 fight as the Biden administration pushes to try and get the stubborn holdouts and skeptics to finally get their shots.
    That includes people like teen singer/songwriter Olivia Rodrigo, who will be at the White House Wednesday to meet with the president and his Covid point man, Anthony Fauci. A White House official says she’ll be recording videos pushing the importance of vaccinations for young folks.

Juvenile may no longer have that same youthful appeal. And unlike others who are taking up the task, he wasn’t actually asked by the administration for help. Instead, last month BLK, a dating app for Black singles, reached out to him and his old friend and fellow Cash Money Millionaire Mannie Fresh and Mia X. They had an idea for a vaccine-PSA remix. The group was into it.

“I thought it was a great idea being that I'm vaccinated,” Juvenile said in an interview over Zoom last week. “And I just thought it was time for somebody to step out like me, someone from the hip hop field just step out there in the front and encourage people that they need to go out and get vaccinated, especially if you plan on dating.”

Months ago, Juvenile might not have made the recording. He counted himself among the vaccine hesitant. He took Covid seriously — to this day, he will don a mask, removing one from around his neck to start this interview — and even developed a socially-distant pandemic hobby. As society locked down, he learned to build furniture and weld light fixtures. Yes, the man who turned the phrase “slow motion for me” into a top hit learned how to weld light fixtures.

But he is “scared to death of needles.” He also had concerns about the speed at which the vaccine was created (the science was being worked on for years) and said that people around him shared the same fears.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

So I travelled on business today so far that I have to stay overnight in a motel.

I was surprised upon entering the front door, the first thing I saw, was a vending machine selling COVID masks for $2.00 each.

Mask wearing is still required everywhere in Atlantic Canada when entering any public space even if, like myself, you are double vaccinated. Atlantic Canada enjoys over 75% 1st vaccination and 49% second vaccination.

The COVID-19 Delta variant is now confirmed to be present in Atlantic Canada.

Nobody complains about wearing a mask, it is just the way it is. No personal freedoms are being trampled on.

Sometimes when working on copiers wearing a mask is inconvenient. I show those around me my printed, credit card size COVID Immunization Report and everybody seems OK with that.