Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    The longer there are groups of unvaccinated people the more likely it is that there will be more variants. The more variants there are the more chances one of those variants will be resistant to the vaccine. It's pretty simple

That's a weak argument in the big picture. Other countries are far less vaccinated than the USA and with Joe's open border policy it's very easy for the unvaxed to get in. On another point, NONE of the variants have originated in the USA. You're worried about something that has about a .000001 chance of happening.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    That's a weak argument in the big picture. Other countries are far less vaccinated than the USA and with Joe's open border policy it's very easy for the unvaxed to get in. On another point, NONE of the variants have originated in the USA. You're worried about something that has about a .000001 chance of happening.
    First, I didn't say the variants were originating in the US, but variants can, and do, arrive from overseas and then unvaccinated people will spread them around. Like I said, it's pretty simple.

First, I didn't say the variants were originating in the US, but variants can, and do, arrive from overseas and then unvaccinated people will spread them around. Like I said, it's pretty simple.

You're out in left field and not remotely following the substance of debate. Sure, unvaxxed folks can spread the virus. Pay careful attention to this next point:

Those that are vaccinated are completely safe and need no further protection. The vaccine has proven to be 99.9% effective against serious infection that requires going to the hospital.

Lastly, there's about a .00001 chance that the unvaxxed in the USA will lead to another variant being created. You're worrying about something that is far-fetched. Let's stick with the science.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It was either you or the other liberal canadian that said last week, "this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated in the US, and more variants will emerge because of them". Sounds a little bit like blaming unvaccinated Americans for causing the variants which in reality came from other countries.

Also, the CDC and many other entities have come out recently and said that the science shows vaccinated individuals carry the same viral loads as unvaccinated individuals, and can still spread the disease just as easy as those who are unvaccinated.

So, your rhetoric about the "unvaccinated spreading variants around", is misguided, because as I've just said, vaccinated people are still spreading the virus (regardless of variant), they just aren't going to the hospital as often.
    Omertà

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

You're out in left field and not remotely following the substance of debate. Sure, unvaxxed folks can spread the virus. Pay careful attention to this next point:

Those that are vaccinated are completely safe and need no further protection. The vaccine has proven to be 99.9% effective against serious infection that requires going to the hospital.

Lastly, there's about a .00001 chance that the unvaxxed in the USA will lead to another variant being created. You're worrying about something that is far-fetched. Let's stick with the science.
    It's difficult to debate when one party refuses to actually read what the other party posts.
    Please re-read above and then re-read below

"The more variants there are the more chances one of those variants will be resistant to the vaccine" .

It's difficult to debate when one party refuses to actually read what the other party posts.
    Please re-read above and then re-read below

"The more variants there are the more chances one of those variants will be resistant to the vaccine" .

10-4. I read that the first time. And I responded by saying that the chances of the unvaxxed in the USA affecting the vaccinated is about .000001. You point is moot. Time to move on.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

10-4. I read that the first time. And I responded by saying that the chances of the unvaxxed in the USA affecting the vaccinated is about .000001. You point is moot. Time to move on.
    Lol! You're funny. As soon as someone points out the weakness in your argument you say it's time to move on. Great strategy.

Lol! You're funny. As soon as someone points out the weakness in your argument you say it's time to move on. Great strategy.

I misspoke. It's not time for me to move on, it's time for you to move on.

If a person is vaccinated they don't need to wear a mask nor worry about the unvaccinated. The water is safe despite liberals trying to convince us that we're about to be eaten by a shark.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

I misspoke. It's not time for me to move on, it's time for you to move on.

If a person is vaccinated they don't need to wear a mask nor worry about the unvaccinated. The water is safe despite liberals trying to convince us that we're about to be eaten by a shark.
    And once again you prove you are not reading. Let me put it down again.

That's how there is the potential for unvaccinated people to affect others

And once again you prove you are not reading. Let me put it down again.

That's how there is the potential for unvaccinated people to affect others

Stop being dense. You made a similar foolish argument yesterday because you just like to argue. You said that Biden isn't forcing folks to get the vaccine when he left them a choice of being fired and not being able to provide for the family or getting the vaccine.

Sometimes it's okay to concede a point. You don't have to win every debate.

The fact is that there's no need to worry if you're vaccinated. There's no need to wear a mask. And the unvaxxed in the USA are nothing to worry about to the vaccinated.