Page 49 of 1541 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859991495491049 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Complete and udder Failure of the Trump Administration to manage this crisis. The medical supply chain needs to under the control of the Federal Government.

Really hard to take anything you say seriously.."udder" failure, really. But at least I see where you're going..Universal health care..and whatever it takes to remove Trump..

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Irrational logic....

Half the available seating in the resturant would equate to requiring half the staff, half the required food supplies, half the time phase and proprietory over heads for business maintenance. Except for building rental verses building ownership of coarse.

It would be nearly the same profit margin for a fully staffed business. How would business run at a loss? Daily profit would be down, but business would be making the same profit margin, just not double the mass daily amount. I can't see how a resturaunt business would be going backwards with any significant loss.

When patronage increases once again,then the resturaunt would add more tables, staff and supplies once again. More lump sum daily profit would return. Monetary greed income would be back to normal.

Business should be welcoming the holiday phase they're experiencing at present. Pleasant and peaceful is how life should be....

just my 5 cents worth....
    You are forgetting the costs that don't change. Rent/mortgage, utilities, property taxes etc.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

so will the abortion deaths be lumped in with COVID-19 deaths?

NY Attorney General: Abortions must Continue Despite Shut Down

Many states have closed abortion offices (praise the Lord) in order to conserve supplies due to spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. Elective and non-essential surgeries are being cancelled. Abortion falls into both of those categorories.
    However, New York has declared that abortions are considered "essential" and therefore must go on. Since when is ripping an unborn baby from its mother's womb an essential?

Activist Mommy reports:
    At the outset of the coronavirus pandemic reaching America, U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) advised healthcare facilities to reschedule all non-urgent appointments and elective procedures, prompting each state to take its own approach in determining what is “essential” and “non-essential” healthcare.
    “To be clear, the coronavirus is not an excuse for federal, state, or local governments to curtail women’s reproductive freedoms or limit their choices,” New York's Attorney General, Letitia James said. “Any woman who wants to go into a doctor’s office or into a clinic today and get an abortion should continue to be able to do so.”
    “And for those who do not feel comfortable leaving their homes as we battle COVID-19, we are fighting to maintain women’s access to abortion and the abortion pill so that their reproductive choices are not limited,” James continued, and promised to “do everything in my power to stop this attack on a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion.”
    The progressive state’s stance hardly comes as a surprise. For nearly a year now, the state has had the most permissive abortion laws after removing abortion from its penal code, effectively codifying the “right” to abortion at any time up until birth.
    New York, however, is merely following the lead of prestigious medical institutions like the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), who declared that elective abortions are essential healthcare.
    In a response to ACOG, the American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists (AAPLOG) stated that while “elective abortion is neither ‘essential’ nor ‘urgent,’” it “does consume critical resources such as masks, gloves, and other personal protective equipment, and unnecessarily exposes patients and physicians to pathogens.”

“Elective abortion, both surgical and drug induced, also generates more patients to be seen in already overburdened emergency rooms,” AAPLOG added. “Most abortion providers instruct women to go to an emergency room if they have any concerning symptoms after the abortion. Approximately five percent of women who undergo medication abortions will require evaluation in an emergency room, most commonly for hemorrhage. Surgical abortions can also result in hemorrhage. Emergency room personnel – who are already struggling to meet the demands of the COVID-19 pandemic – will be further strained to provide care to these women.”
    How sickening. We live in a society where the elective option to terminate a pregnancy is considered an essential. They believe it is "needed" to continue, even as many other surgeries are being cancelled or rescheduled.

Lawmakers Move To Rescind Stimulus For Kennedy Center After Musician Layoffs

Congressman Bryan Steil (R-WI) has introduced a bill to rescind $25 million in stimulus funding for the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts — the home of the National Symphony Orchestra and Washington National Opera — after the organization furloughed nearly 100 orchestra members immediately after the stimulus bill was signed. “Some in Washington felt it was important to spend $25 million of taxpayer dollars on the Kennedy Center when there are obviously bigger needs right now. This is frivolous spending in the midst of a national emergency. Coronavirus requires a serious and targeted response,” said Steil.
    The new bill, which has been co-sponsored by 13 other legislators, would revoke the center’s bailout and give it “back to the American people,” says House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA), who is a co-sponsor.
    “If an organization is receiving assistance from the federal government, we expect them to take care of their workers. As we take further Congressional action to fight the Coronavirus’ devastating impact on families and our economy, I call on Speaker Pelosi to finally put the American people, not special interests, first,” said Scalise.
    As The Washington Free Beacon previously reported, The Kennedy Center informed orchestra musicians last week that they should “proceed as if their final paycheck will be April 3,” and that they will not be paid until the center re-opens again.

The Kennedy Center was going through a $250,000 renovation, but the part of the bill was to keep the employees employed, this is how the left will 'get around' the laws to help protect their "buddies". Then the law makers wonder wHY we don't trust them!

CNN's Don Lemon Furious His Network Continues To Broadcast White House Coronavirus Briefing

Americans’ prime source for unfiltered information about the battle against the coronavirus should be muzzled, according to CNN host Don Lemon.
    Lemon and fellow CNN host Chris Cuomo were discussing live coverage of the coronavirus task force’s daily briefings Monday when Lemon said that coverage is a mistake, claiming that President Donald Trump uses the briefings to lie to the American people.

“I have said, I don’t think you should really listen to what he says,” Lemon said. “You should listen to what the experts say.
    “I’m not actually sure, if you want to be honest, that we should carry that live. I think we should run snippets. I think we should do it afterward and get the pertinent points to the American people. Because he’s never, ever going to tell you the truth.
    “Guess what he’s going to do? If you ask a question that is a legitimate question, and if he doesn’t like the question, he’s going to say whether you’re being mean or not or whatever he wants to call it, he’s going to say, ‘That is a mean, nasty question.'”
    YouTube
    Lemon said the president “wants his base to think that the media is being mean to him and they’re attacking him. It is all a plot. It is all orchestrated. And if you can’t see it, I don’t know what you’re looking at.”

The CNN host likened Trump’s actions during the briefings to his work hosting the NBC reality show “The Apprentice.”
    It’s obvious, it’s transparent to me. This has become, those press briefings have become his new ‘Apprentice.’ They’ve become his new rallies. And he treats the press and the media as if he’s talking to the people in his rallies,” Lemon said. “It’s the same thing. It’s no different. It’s just that the audience is not there.”
    Cuomo disagreed.
    “I’m saying play all of it. I want to hear everything he has to say. I want it all to be out there. And I want him to be held to account,” he said.
    Cuomo also noted that Lemon was off base by saying Trump never told the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Pretty Funny MOE! That thousands of Americans will Die do to the TRUMP Administration
    Now you will GET to see the DEATH PANELS
    download (2).jpeg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Pretty Funny MOE! That thousands of Americans will Die do to the TRUMP Administration
    Now you will GET to see the DEATH PANELS
    download (2).jpeg
    Geeze "will die DUE to the TRUMP admin"...