Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Heroic Factory Workers Finally Clock Out After 28-Day Shift of Producing Vital Health Care Materials

American laborers sacrificing to work a nearly month-long shift were finally able to clock out Monday.
    Braskem America in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, has been in operation round-the-clock for at least 28 days, manufacturing raw materials needed for the production of N95 masks, hospital gowns and sanitary wipes put in short supply by the ongoing pandemic.

Of course, a manufacturing effort of that magnitude requires manpower and, according to WPVI-TV, 40 Braskem staff members have shouldered the responsibility, volunteering to live at the facility for four weeks straight in order to keep production moving.
    Split into two teams, the laborers traded off working 12-hour shifts — eating, sleeping and breaking together on-site.
    Their only connections to the outside world were television news broadcasts and drive-by “visits” from family and friends.

YouTube

“There’s been a glow in everyone’s eyes,” Boyce said.
    The effort and sacrifice were well-invested, however, with the team of laborers unanimously agreeing the 28-day shift had been a worthwhile act of service.

“We’re truly honored to be able to give back and support people we will never meet in some way,” Boyce said.
    “All the first responders, all the people on the frontlines, we thank you,” he added.
    “That’s what makes our job easy to do.”

i BET NONE OF THESE WORKERS HAVE A $24,000.00 FREEZER STOCKED WITH GOURMET ICE CREAM!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

A CNN story I read a couple days ago said, "Harvard researchers warned that if the country wants the economy to open back up -- and stay that way -- testing must go up to at least 500,000 people per day."

Then I heard Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci talking during the briefing. Dr. Deborah Birx, who serves as the response coordinator for the Trump Administration’s White House Coronavirus Task Force, recently said testing capacity of one million tests per week is available. At that rate, it would take more than six years to test every American.
    “We really need to get up to at least maybe two times that, three times that.” Says Dr. Fauci.

So, with Fauci's words, and the Harvard Researchers' words, it would still take 2 - 3 years to test every American.?!? Are we supposed to remain "in fear" and shutdown, and completely unravel as a society for that long? Is that what it's going to take for these people to be "satisfied with the results". This argument of needing MORE and MORE and MORE testing to reopen the economy is getting WAY played out, and more and more Americans are getting fed up with the restrictions and draconian bullshit that is playing out every day.
    Omertà

Makes you wonder, huh?
    It was theorized that the numbers are so much lower in California compared to New York because they had already developed a "Herd Immunity" (meaning that the virus has already made it's rounds, and the community "as a whole" has built up an immunity to the virus) in California, which happens to have the highest chinese population in the nation (1.25 Million). New York has the Second Highest number of Chinese with 577,000.
    Omertà

I don't know about you guys but I will take my chances with covid 19... look... if we had a social safety net that would last 5 years... I would be all in... but I am my social safety net... and the more I work the better it gets... I want to work... even if it kills me... because well... who knows how much longer I will have a home... as it stands I will have to start looking for work soon... to sure up my income... i appreciate the stimulus money but the last time uncle sam gave out stimulus money... he demanded twice as much in taxes... and i really don't want to be in that position... atleast thats my position...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Makes you wonder, huh?
    It was theorized that the numbers are so much lower in California compared to New York because they had already developed a "Herd Immunity" (meaning that the virus has already made it's rounds, and the community "as a whole" has built up an immunity to the virus) in California, which happens to have the highest chinese population in the nation (1.25 Million). New York has the Second Highest number of Chinese with 577,000.
    Nope CA was one of the first states to do a stay at home orders. Weeks before others states followed.
    That's why there infection rate is lower. Their Governor believes in the science and listened to the health experts.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Nope CA was one of the first states to do a stay at home orders. Weeks before others states followed.
    That's why there infection rate is lower. Their Governor believes in the science and listened to the health experts.

There is no conspiracy theory here!
    We are looking for someone else to blame for this and you aren't doing your part. Try harder next time!!

Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    You truly believe that California mandating a "stay at home order" only TWO DAYS before New York resulted in 1/5th of cases, and 1/10th the number of deaths??
    You do realize that California has TWICE the number of people than New York does, don't you? Also, as stated before, Double the chinese population.
    Omertà

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    You truly believe that California mandating a "stay at home order" only TWO DAYS before New York resulted in 1/5th of cases, and 1/10th the number of deaths??
    You do realize that California has TWICE the number of people than New York does, don't you? Also, as stated before, Double the chinese population.
    Social distancing works. The earlier the better, California and Washington data show.
    Two weeks into stay-at-home orders and business and school closures in the San Francisco Bay area and Washington state, there’s evidence the curve of infections is flattening compared with other U.S. metro areas