Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Here in Kern County 50% +or- a couple of points have been at 3 Skilled Nursing Facilities. The state has been instructing hospitals to transfer senior patients to sad facilities to free up beds in the hospitals.
    Over here a few emergency hospitals were set up to deal with this plamdemic which senior citizens bypassed and went straight to a care homes despite empty beds, so this has happened in at least three countries, this thread needs more foreigners to paint a bigger picture.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Where does slim say that?
    Is it better to obey than to think?

Meanwhile in the UK and Italy old frail people admitted to hospital with covid were put into care homes where it spread like wildfire, who thought that was a good idea, this copier engineer does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    This is Slim's quote. It clearly states that he believes the pandemic is "a mass panic created by the Democratic party".
    You are entitled to your opinion do you have anything to say about the facts I have posted above, is Canada behaving in a similar way?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

You are entitled to your opinion do you have anything to say about the facts I have posted above, is Canada behaving in a similar way?
    In the part of Canada that I live, on the east coast, known as Atlantic Canada (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland) COVID-19 infections and deaths are extremely low. So low that this Friday residents with gov't issued IDs will be able to freely travel amongst the four provinces without a mandatory 14 day quarantine. This will be known as the Atlantic Bubble.

The leaders of each Province followed the advice of their Chief Medical Officers very closely, over riding individual personal rights and freedoms for five months through to a gradual re-reopening to where we are today. A high % of the population fully complied and people felt a lot of social pressure to comply.

Visitors from the rest of Canada and the world must quarantine for 14 days immediately upon arrival with a written plan and daily random landline calls and visits to confirm adherence to the plan. At this time, visitors from the USA are not permitted entry, which really hurts at the start of peak tourist season but understandable due to the deteriorating pandemic conditions there. Worst in the world by far caused by bad and incompetent political leadership.

Although the economy has been badly hurt and copier sales are terrible, the population is healthy and worry free from COVID-19.

To be fair there are only 2M people in Atlantic Canada but we have several high volume seaports serving international freight. Airport traffic is very low now at all major airports.

You still see many people wearing masks today. It is no longer mandatory and as I travel locally making sales and service calls, I observe that most people no longer wear masks.

Some businesses are very busy like the home improvement sector, commercial construction and food services while many others are not. Real estate sales are steady and increasing with two houses on my street selling in one week.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 07-01-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

nothing against foreign visitors but i walked nyc this week and love the empty streets...
    I am sure if i owned a restaurant or other place dependant on foreigners spending vacation money i would feel different...
    Now DIBL ASS IO cut nyc nypd money and has let all the criminals out of the jails...
    I cant get out of here quick enough...NOW my wife want to get a pistol permit.
    How do these ass wipes keep their jobs??????????

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Here in Kern County 50% +or- a couple of points have been at 3 Skilled Nursing Facilities. The state has been instructing hospitals to transfer senior patients to sad facilities to free up beds in the hospitals.
    good point
    this is what happens when people who dont live in the USA read what they want to read.........
    Stay with the canadian news,at least you have reason to..........
    What really goes on here in our country is really of no importance to canada........

Effective immediately in Kern county.

#COVID19
    continues to spread at an alarming rate. Effective immediately, 19 counties must close indoors operations for the following sectors:

- Restaurants
    - Wineries
    - Movie theaters & family entertainment
    - Zoos, museums
    - Cardrooms

Bars must close ALL operations.

California Gov. Newsom orders bars to close, restaurants to halt indoor dining in LA, other counties | Fox News

Gov. Newsom also pleaded with Californians to wear masks and practice social distancing.
    "Wearing a face covering is a sign of toughness," he said. "It's a sign of resolve. It's a sign of someone who gives a da--."

Newsom's order came as the state reported its highest daily COVID-19 count Monday with 8,000 infections and multiple days with new highs. Hospitalizations related to the virus have soared over the past two weeks to 43 percent, he said Wednesday.

Statewide, over 232,600 cases have been reported, in addition to over 6,000 deaths, according to the state Department of Public Health.

The infection rate marked an increase of nearly 50 percent, due in part to more testing.

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    good point
    this is what happens when people who dont live in the USA read what they want to read.........
    Stay with the canadian news,at least you have reason to..........
    What really goes on here in our country is really of no importance to canada........
    What is happening in the USA is of great healthcare and economic importance to Canada. Why do you think at the height of tourist season when Americans spends 100s M $ in Canada we have banned American entry?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    nothing against foreign visitors but i walked nyc this week and love the empty streets...
    I am sure if i owned a restaurant or other place dependant on foreigners spending vacation money i would feel different...
    Now DIBL ASS IO cut nyc nypd money and has let all the criminals out of the jails...
    I cant get out of here quick enough...NOW my wife want to get a pistol permit.
    How do these ass wipes keep their jobs??????????
    Liberals like Schumer and AOC and all the braindeads

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

I honestly don't see what you feel is opinion. It is a direct quote from Slim's post.
    As for where I live, we are into stage three of opening our economy in BC. With a population of over 5 million we are down to between 10 and 20 new cases per day. Our nursing homes were shut off pretty quickly after outbreaks.
    A lot of the 174 deaths here were in nursing homes unfortunately.

Wear a Mask