Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    CDC guidelines try google next time

You do know the Center for Disease control is part of the Trump Administration glad I could help you out.
    Also the Surgeon General recommends also part of the Trump Administration.

Apparently you missed this North Carolina requires face masks in public amid coronavirus pandemic
    Glad I could help you out.

Attachment 46168
    I noticed that you have changed your profile and no longer show what state you are from. Are you ashamed of the fact that Florida set a new record for all state in the US today with 15,300 new cases of SARS-CoV-2 infections. That's nearly 2,000 more than New York's worst day so fat. And that after 10,360 new cases yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I noticed that you have changed your profile and no longer show what state you are from. Are you ashamed of the fact that Florida set a new record for all state in the US today with 15,300 new cases of SARS-CoV-2 infections. That's nearly 2,000 more than New York's worst day so fat. And that after 10,360 new cases yesterday.
    Yep record cases in Florida SO Republican Governor Trump Puppet No statewide Mask order There YOU go

Try and keep up

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Only if it is the correct type of mask which are worn mostly by medical professional and are not readily available to the general public. Those that are come from China and have already been found to be contaminated.
    Also only if worn properly
    Watched a few good videos, and talked with a couple of great healthcare workers. Those healthcare workers, (on the front line) such as my sister-in-law, go through a rigorous "mask fitting" procedure every day. This, they say, is where the public has dropped the ball on mask wearing. "Masks that are not fitted are worthless!"
    To top that off, it was explained to me that certain masks do certain things, and almost none of them are actually "effective" in the way they're being used.
    Anything with a respirator/ flapper to let exhaust out, is actually just Spewing out the virus in a more concentrated stream.
    The medical masks, are for use in "sterile environments", so as not to spew anything on a patient, it does little to nothing to stop incoming particles, and these types of masks should not be worn for more than an hour (they said 30 - 40 minutes), and then thrown away due to Microbial and fungal contamination stored in the moisture from your breath, leading to throat issues and respiratory infections. It was also shown in the study that the outside of the mask was severely contaminated, and when a person goes to "adjust" or remove their mask, they are coming into contact with the particles, and spreading it to other objects/ body parts.
    Cloth masks are worthless, again because the majortiy are "ill-fitting", and only 1 or 2 layers.
    Omertà

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

thanks for posting a well thought out post..
    MY daughter works in the medical field and has to wear a mask all day..
    The same with patients and some bitch about it but it is a mandatory policy..
    I hate to see a bad winter with people coughing in public...might get brutal........

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    thanks for posting a well thought out post..
    MY daughter works in the medical field and has to wear a mask all day..
    The same with patients and some bitch about it but it is a mandatory policy..
    I hate to see a bad winter with people coughing in public...might get brutal........
    If you are in a location that is dry in the wintertime, be sure to run a humidifier!!!Latest on the Corona VirusLatest on the Corona Virus

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    If you are in a location that is dry in the wintertime, be sure to run a humidifier!!!Latest on the Corona VirusLatest on the Corona Virus

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    thanks..
    i am outside a lot,even in winter, doing things and only deal with major concerns while on the nyc subways..crowded and some coughing away and not covering their mouths..
    I can see people getting killed if they do this this winter...I will move away if i see it...or just not work unless i can drive to account.....
    NYC saw it real bad and people stayed locked up and streets stayed empty...It seemed to work.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

The virus is still here in Europe but is now more peaceful. The contagions have decreased and also the deaths.
    Day after day, we are returning to normal. The important thing is never to underestimate the virus. We continue to use masks and often wash our hands.

I hope that this virus will soon be reduced in America too. Unfortunately you haven't done a lockdown like in Europe. Be careful guys.

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Watched a few good videos, and talked with a couple of great healthcare workers. Those healthcare workers, (on the front line) such as my sister-in-law, go through a rigorous "mask fitting" procedure every day. This, they say, is where the public has dropped the ball on mask wearing. "Masks that are not fitted are worthless!"
    To top that off, it was explained to me that certain masks do certain things, and almost none of them are actually "effective" in the way they're being used.
    Anything with a respirator/ flapper to let exhaust out, is actually just Spewing out the virus in a more concentrated stream.
    The medical masks, are for use in "sterile environments", so as not to spew anything on a patient, it does little to nothing to stop incoming particles, and these types of masks should not be worn for more than an hour (they said 30 - 40 minutes), and then thrown away due to Microbial and fungal contamination stored in the moisture from your breath, leading to throat issues and respiratory infections. It was also shown in the study that the outside of the mask was severely contaminated, and when a person goes to "adjust" or remove their mask, they are coming into contact with the particles, and spreading it to other objects/ body parts.
    Cloth masks are worthless, again because the majortiy are "ill-fitting", and only 1 or 2 layers.
    Nice Spin But BS as Usual
    Be a Hero wear a mask
    Wearing A Mask is better than None
    Case closed

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    The virus is still here in Europe but is now more peaceful. The contagions have decreased and also the deaths.
    Day after day, we are returning to normal. The important thing is never to underestimate the virus. We continue to use masks and often wash our hands.

I hope that this virus will soon be reduced in America too. Unfortunately you haven't done a lockdown like in Europe. Be careful guys.
    That may be true for Germany but not necessarily true for the rest of Europe. The 8 countries with the highest number of deaths per capita are all in Europe. Two of those countries, San Marino and Andorra, are rather small but the other 6 are Belgium, the UK, Spain, Italy, Sweden and France. Germany is number 33 and Denmark is number 34.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Nice Spin But BS as Usual
    Be a Hero wear a mask
    Wearing A Mask is better than None
    Case closed
    What FrohnB said about cloth masks and surgical cloth masks is absolutely correct, I posted a link to wikipedia months back proving this. But you don't want knowledge as it goes against what the media spoon feeds you.

Keep up
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.