Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Still waiting on the 3 science boys to talk about Black Lives Matter protests and the science of social distancing.

I searched far and wide thru the science literature and found nary a statement that black skin protected anyone from covid. Yet, democrats allowed massive BLM protests.

Any scientists want to refute that?
    Hilarious Republican President Who's incharge of your Circus of delusion

Call the White House ask for Donald I am sure he will take your call.

You two can have a nice chat.

Wait Science. I am so sorry Republicans don't believe in it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Hilarious Republican President Who's incharge of your Circus of delusion

Call the White House ask for Donald I am sure he take your call.

You two can have a nice chat.
    The majority of covid cases are in democrat cities. That also happens to be where most of the BLM protests were at. I'd say BLM alone is responsible for the majority of covid deaths. Democrats have blood on their hands.

The majority of covid cases are in democrat cities. That also happens to be where most of the BLM protests were at. I'd say BLM alone is responsible for the majority of covid deaths. Democrats have blood on their hands.
    Really go on please tell us All about your therapy I mean theories.

Ok how many times are they going to flip flop on the " facts "?

CDC: Guideline Saying Coronavirus Spread Through Air Was Posted in Error, Removed

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention removed a guideline, posted on their website, that said the coronavirus could spread through the air and said it was posted in error.
    A draft version of proposed changes to these recommendations was posted in error to the agency’s official website. CDC is currently updating its recommendations regarding airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Once this process has been completed, the update language will be posted.
    This CDC error came only days after it reversed another recommendation on testing guidelines. The CDC had been stating that people without symptoms did not need a test. The new recommendation that came on Friday, September 18, said those same people do need a test.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention removed a guideline, posted on their website, that said the coronavirus could spread through the air and said it was posted in error.
    A draft version of proposed changes to these recommendations was posted in error to the agency’s official website. CDC is currently updating its recommendations regarding airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Once this process has been completed, the update language will be posted.
    This CDC error came only days after it reversed another recommendation on testing guidelines. The CDC had been stating that people without symptoms did not need a test. The new recommendation that came on Friday, September 18, said those same people do need a test.
    Dr. Scott Gottlieb said the litany of errors are very concerning and could ruin the reputation of the agency. He also had some questions about how this keeps happening.
    “It’s really hard to believe that this was an accidental posting of draft guidance that they had to subsequently pull down 48 hours later that they didn’t realize they had put it up over the course of the weekend,”
    There is no doubt that the numerous reversals and errors given have cast doubt on the recommendations of the CDC as well as the World Health Organization.
    Testing numbers that contained antibody as well as viral tests have also produced multiple concerns about the validity of the data coming out of the CDC. Those paying attention to these mistakes have also questioned the timing of many of these errors.
    Back in May, several states were combining the results of the two separate tests into one report on positive tests.

FDA poised to announce tougher standards for a covid-19 vaccine that make it unlikely one will be cleared by Election Day

The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:

0-19 99.997%
    20-49 99.98%
    50-69 99.5%
    70+ 94.6%

Didn't see it reported much.

https://cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:

0-19 99.997%
    20-49 99.98%
    50-69 99.5%
    70+ 94.6%

Didn't see it reported much.

https://cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html
    Now You believe the CDC aren't you a believer the numbers are Fake?
    I am sure the 200,000 dead Americans appreciate the data.

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Now You believe the CDC aren't you a believer the numbers are Fake?

I never said any numbers are fake.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    statistics... is always hindsight, can be cherrypicked, can be falsely constructed on purpose or by accident, can by falsely interpreted on purpose or by accident.

i'm not saying at all that anyone specifically dont have a point, you all do have your points. But as to statistics, there's a flaw in its use.

We are using Hindsight for Hindsight, as in, we are using only the results to predict the next batch of events as it concludes but seldom the process and details leading up to the results. Kinda says the insecure nature of of society in general but at the same time reflect our intelligence for part marks?

The wealth culture often quote the billionaire/millionaire stats, "80% of them is self made." Well, I know ten race drivers that drive race cars. That's not saying much.

If the the subject of the study is comprised of complex analysis and data, simple numbers will not convey any meaning. Its the same as saying the median price of sold new cars in USA at 2018 is $35k usd, and use that as the affordability index and make the claim that 35k cars are "cheap" (Tesla goons sometime ago like to use this). What purpose that 35k number serve? NOTHING.

So while the fatality rate may present itself however you perceive it, do we understand this virus thing completely to say "its not that bad.?"

the easiet compromise is to put on face covering in closed space, what's wrong with that? in fact, EVERYONE LOOKS ATTRACTIVE!! I found more folks look me in the eyes LOL

anyways, i'll show myself out as usual..

That's one of the more reasonable takes I've read on here. I have no problem wearing a mask. I don't think most do. However...about these shutdowns....

At what cost are we gonna continue to shut it down for something that MAY happen? These shutdowns are ruining lives and a lot of dem politicians don't suffer the same fate nor do they play by the same rules.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

lots of younger / middle age people reporting (on youtube) lasting symptoms such as lung scarring (cystic fibrosis) etc . That would effect employment etc long term