Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Time to get this thread back on topic.

Researchers Compared Mask-Wearers to the Unmasked, Journals Reportedly Refused To Publish Their Monumental Finding

The results of a massive study on the effectiveness of masks were just released, and the findings were so narrative-shattering that several reputable scientific journals reportedly refused to publish them.
    The trial, DANMASK-19, is now throwing a giant question mark on restrictive mask mandates that many leaders in the United States have imposed.
    Conducted in Denmark during the country’s spring 2020 battle with COVID-19, the study, which had 6,024 adult participants and was only published Wednesday in the Annals of Internal Medicine, reveals how little protection masks truly give their wearers.

According to the study, the unmasked control group had a 2.1 percent infection rate, while those who were told to wear a mask when not at home — the latter group was given “50 three-layer, disposable, surgical face masks with ear loops” — only suffered a 1.8 percent infection rate.
    The difference here is negligible — less than half of a percentage point separates the two extremes of mask-wearers and those who did not don the face coverings. (A total of 4,862 people completed the study, which took place at a time when Danish authorities did not recommend that the general public wear masks, with 42 people testing positive for COVID-19 in the mask-wearing group and 53 people in the control group.)

“These findings do offer evidence about the degree of protection mask wearers can anticipate in a setting where others are not wearing masks and where other public health measures,” researchers wrote, “including social distancing, are in effect.”
    Dr. Henning Bundgaard, a cardiologist at the University of Copenhagen and the study’s lead author, put it more bluntly.

“Our study gives an indication of how much you gain from wearing a mask,” he told The New York Times. “Not a lot.”

Christian Torp-Pedersen, chief physician in the research department at North Zealand Hospital and one of the researchers involved in the study, told the Danish newspaper Berlingske that the Journal of the American Medical Association, the New England Journal of Medicine and The Lancet all refused to publish the narrative-shattering discovery.
    While masks don’t appear to offer wearers much extra protection, they do excel in preventing transmission to others.
    Viruses from both symptomatic and asymptomatic people have a harder time making it to a new host if the infected person is wearing a mask.
    “Reduction in release of virus from infected persons into the environment may be the mechanism for mitigation of transmission in communities where mask use is common or mandated, as noted in observational studies,” the study states. “Thus, these findings do not provide data on the effectiveness of widespread mask wearing in the community in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections.

“They do, however, offer evidence about the degree of protection mask wearers can anticipate in a setting where others are not wearing masks and where other public health measures, including social distancing, are in effect.”
    This groundbreaking study suggests masks may be better suited to a role in the so-called “Swiss cheese” method of COVID prevention instead of being the focus of mandates and orders from authoritarian government leaders.

The “Swiss cheese” model was popularized earlier this year as an easy visual that explains how masks, testing and quarantining are all components of a successful defense against the virus.
    The theory behind the model is that no one measure, depicted as single slices of the holey cheese, will completely defeat the novel coronavirus. Layer enough of these however, and the growth of new infections can seemingly be stemmed.

While it’s becoming clear that face masks are not the golden bullet that government leaders treat them as they are.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Things that make you go Hhhmmmmm.....

One of the things that make me go Hhhmmmmm is: Transgender Women

Is a Transgender woman really a woman or are democrats trying to pull a fast one on us? My general rule of thumb is this: If I wouldn't fuck it, it ain't a woman.

To me they are not women and I will not refer to them as women. I won't date 'em. I won't fuck 'em. Hell, I wouldn't even let them give me a blowjob.

What say you?
    It seems you are so full of yourself that you believe they would let you. Lol. 😋😎

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    It seems you are so full of yourself that you believe they would let you. Lol. 😋😎

I'm positive that you're more their type. Do you believe they're real women? If so, would you date one?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

I'm positive that you're more their type. Do you believe they're real women? If so, would you date one?
    I believe I don't have the right to decide how someone else self identifies. And, unlike you, I don't feel threatened by them.

I believe I don't have the right to decide how someone else self identifies. And, unlike you, I don't feel threatened by them.

That's cool. I don't want to tell them how to live their life. But I will not call them a woman.

Answer the question: Would you date a person that identifies as a woman?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Time to get this thread back on topic.

Researchers Compared Mask-Wearers to the Unmasked, Journals Reportedly Refused To Publish Their Monumental Finding

The results of a massive study on the effectiveness of masks were just released, and the findings were so narrative-shattering that several reputable scientific journals reportedly refused to publish them.
    The trial, DANMASK-19, is now throwing a giant question mark on restrictive mask mandates that many leaders in the United States have imposed.
    Conducted in Denmark during the country’s spring 2020 battle with COVID-19, the study, which had 6,024 adult participants and was only published Wednesday in the Annals of Internal Medicine, reveals how little protection masks truly give their wearers.

According to the study, the unmasked control group had a 2.1 percent infection rate, while those who were told to wear a mask when not at home — the latter group was given “50 three-layer, disposable, surgical face masks with ear loops” — only suffered a 1.8 percent infection rate.
    The difference here is negligible — less than half of a percentage point separates the two extremes of mask-wearers and those who did not don the face coverings. (A total of 4,862 people completed the study, which took place at a time when Danish authorities did not recommend that the general public wear masks, with 42 people testing positive for COVID-19 in the mask-wearing group and 53 people in the control group.)

“These findings do offer evidence about the degree of protection mask wearers can anticipate in a setting where others are not wearing masks and where other public health measures,” researchers wrote, “including social distancing, are in effect.”
    Dr. Henning Bundgaard, a cardiologist at the University of Copenhagen and the study’s lead author, put it more bluntly.

“Our study gives an indication of how much you gain from wearing a mask,” he told The New York Times. “Not a lot.”

Christian Torp-Pedersen, chief physician in the research department at North Zealand Hospital and one of the researchers involved in the study, told the Danish newspaper Berlingske that the Journal of the American Medical Association, the New England Journal of Medicine and The Lancet all refused to publish the narrative-shattering discovery.
    While masks don’t appear to offer wearers much extra protection, they do excel in preventing transmission to others.
    Viruses from both symptomatic and asymptomatic people have a harder time making it to a new host if the infected person is wearing a mask.
    “Reduction in release of virus from infected persons into the environment may be the mechanism for mitigation of transmission in communities where mask use is common or mandated, as noted in observational studies,” the study states. “Thus, these findings do not provide data on the effectiveness of widespread mask wearing in the community in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections.

“They do, however, offer evidence about the degree of protection mask wearers can anticipate in a setting where others are not wearing masks and where other public health measures, including social distancing, are in effect.”
    This groundbreaking study suggests masks may be better suited to a role in the so-called “Swiss cheese” method of COVID prevention instead of being the focus of mandates and orders from authoritarian government leaders.

The “Swiss cheese” model was popularized earlier this year as an easy visual that explains how masks, testing and quarantining are all components of a successful defense against the virus.
    The theory behind the model is that no one measure, depicted as single slices of the holey cheese, will completely defeat the novel coronavirus. Layer enough of these however, and the growth of new infections can seemingly be stemmed.

While it’s becoming clear that face masks are not the golden bullet that government leaders treat them as they are.
    Here is the study as published in the Annals of Internal Medicine. https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

Almost immediately after it was published there were those telling everyone how to think about it. https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/vinay-prasad/89778

Personally I am quite able to think for myself.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

That's cool. I don't want to tell them how to live their life. But I will not call them a woman.

Answer the question: Would you date a person that identifies as a woman?
    I will answer this the same way you answer my questions.

(crickets).

😀😎

(crickets).

����
    By the way, when these so-called "women" demand to play women's sports, that's when I do have a right to tell them they're not women and they can't play women's sports. It's not fair. They have a biological advantage. I watched a MMA fight where one of those "women" beat a girl senseless. Crazy.

PS - Unless one of your liberals tell me that you'd date these so-called women, I'm gonna assume that you don't think they're women, either.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

(crickets).

😀😎
    In other words you too embarrassed to admit one way or another.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

By the way, when these so-called "women" demand to play women's sports, that's when I do have a right to tell them they're not women and they can't play women's sports. It's not fair. They have a biological advantage. I watched a MMA fight where one of those "women" beat a girl senseless. Crazy.

PS - Unless one of your liberals tell me that you'd date these so-called women, I'm gonna assume that you don't think they're women, either.
    Well, you know what "assume" does. So, knock yourself out.