Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    3rd major COVID-19 vaccine shown to be effective and cheaper
    By DANICA KIRKA and JILL LAWLESS
    55 minutes ago

LONDON (AP) — Drugmaker AstraZeneca said Monday that late-stage trials showed its COVID-19 vaccine is highly effective, buoying the prospects of a relatively cheap, easy-to-store product that may become the vaccine of choice for the developing world.

The results are based on an interim analysis of trials in the U.K. and Brazil of a vaccine developed by Oxford University and manufactured by AstraZeneca. No hospitalizations or severe cases of COVID-19 were reported in those receiving the vaccine.

AstraZeneca is the third major drug company to report late-stage data for a potential COVID-19 vaccine as the world waits for scientific breakthroughs that will end a pandemic that has pummeled the world economy and led to 1.4 million deaths. But unlike the others, the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine doesn’t have to be stored at ultra-cold temperatures, making it easier to distribute, especially in developing countries.
    The reason that the others require ultra-cold temperature storage is that they just might be made from 'frozen live virus' which if allowed to warm up for any length of time could become active and then actually infect rather than vaccinate the recipient.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Here You Go another Trump record
    12 Million Americans infected
    258,000 Dead Americans
    As I have pointed out ot you in the past. President Trump is not at fault. It is your friends in the Democrat Party and the liberal media blocking everything President Trump attempted to do to stop the early spread of the virus. And later the treatment of the virus. According to an increasing number of Europeans, the hydroxychloroquine treatment President Trump suggested when used as a prophylactic is actually more effective than your masks.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    As I have pointed out ot you in the past. President Trump is not at fault. It is your friends in the Democrat Party and the liberal media blocking everything President Trump attempted to do to stop the early spread of the virus. And later the treatment of the virus. According to an increasing number of Europeans, the hydroxychloroquine treatment President Trump suggested when used as a prophylactic is actually more effective than your masks.
    BS
    Here you go little buddy apparently YOUR still confused

A timeline of how Trump failed to respond to the coronavirus - Vox

Scientific Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | CDC
    Last edited by bsm2; 11-23-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid vaccine shows an average 70% effectiveness in preventing the virus
    PUBLISHED MON, NOV 23 2020 2:14 AM EST
    UPDATED 5 HOURS AGO
    Sam Meredith
    @SMEREDITH19
    KEY POINTS
    AstraZeneca said its vaccine, developed in collaboration with the University of Oxford, was assessed over two different dosing regimens.
    One showed an effectiveness of 90% when trial participants received a half dose, followed by a full dose at least one month apart.
    The other dosing regimen showed 62% efficacy when given as two full doses at least one month apart.
    Pascal Soriot, CEO of AstraZeneca, said the development marked an "important milestone" in the fight against the global health crisis.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

A comparison of numbers. Worldwide so far this year there have been 1,398,770 COVID19 deaths. The worldwide abortion count for this year is now over 38,184,650 and counting up at a rate of about 1 per second. It is your fellow liberals that were so offended by my daring to compare anything to one of your sacred cows who then went off on a tangent.

Mention anything you want Slim. The number of covid deaths has absolutely nothing to do with abortions, but you do you. It certainly doesn't offend me.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Mention anything you want Slim. The number of covid deaths has absolutely nothing to do with abortions, but you do you. It certainly doesn't offend me.

But it does have something to do with the value one places on life....which is relevant. If I get killed by a doctor or covid...I'm still dead either way.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

What I am talking about your reactions to them. You love to talk about the number of COVID19 deaths in the US, even though when you compare as a percentage of population there are a number of countries that have higher death rates. On the other hand you hate it when anyone brings up statistics on ABORTION.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

What I am talking about your reactions to them. You love to talk about the number of COVID19 deaths in the US, even though when you compare as a percentage of population there are a number of countries that have higher death rates. On the other hand you hate it when anyone brings up statistics on ABORTION.
    I can't stress this enough Slim. You can bring up anything you want, I don't hate it. I think it is good when information is made available. You must know, however, that the number of covid deaths has nothing to do with abortion, right? You just bring it up because you think it is a zinger. It's not.
    PS. As far as I can remember, I haven't mentioned once the number of covid deaths in the US. If I am wrong about that I will admit it.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I can't stress this enough Slim. You can bring up anything you want, I don't hate it. I think it is good when information is made available. You must know, however, that the number of covid deaths has nothing to do with abortion, right? You just bring it up because you think it is a zinger. It's not.
    PS. As far as I can remember, I haven't mentioned once the number of covid deaths in the US. If I am wrong about that I will admit it.
    ... this is simply a bait and switch tactic. Trumpism is not on the right side of human rights nor controlling the COVID-19 pandemic.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Now that democrat's mask hoax has proven fruitless, they're now asking us to buy better masks. Soon they'll have us wearing a full space suit.

Now you SHOULD buy an N95: Former FDA commissioner urges Americans to 'buy better masks' to protect themselves amid record-high surges in coronavirus cases

Former FDA Commissioner urges people to 'buy better masks' amid surging cases and hospitalizations | Daily Mail Online
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 11-23-2020 at 10:45 PM.