Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Nope. Wearing a mask is what I'm gonna protest. I told you, I'm a peaceful protester. Your rules do not apply to me. Tell the cops to stand down.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

How many of you liberals are doing Thanksgiving via zoom? lol

Your phone can send you an alert if you were near someone who has coronavirus

As new coronavirus cases explode nationwide, health officials are turning to cell phones to help slow the spread of infections.

Thanks to technology available on Apple and Google phones, you can now get pop-up notifications in some states if you were close to someone who later tested positive for Covid-19. The alerts come via state health department apps that use Bluetooth technology to detect when you (or more precisely, your phone) has been in close contact with an infected person's phone.

While these apps can't keep you safe -- they only let you know after you've been exposed -- they could prevent others from getting infected if you take precautions, such as self-quarantining, after receiving an alert.

Millions of people are signing up, although these apps aren't yet available in many states. Health officials believe the alerts could be especially helpful in cases where an infected person has been in contact with strangers -- for example in a bus, train or checkout line -- who wouldn't otherwise know they were exposed.

... this alert system has been available for free Canada wide for several months. I have the app installed on my Android phone and check it every day.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

SCOTUS has ruled that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo's executive order was too restrictive and violated the First Amendment's "free exercise" clause,and actively discriminated against religious institutions. Supreme Court Blocks New York's Coronavirus Limits On Houses of Worship : Coronavirus Updates : NPR

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    SCOTUS has ruled that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo's executive order was too restrictive and violated the First Amendment's "free exercise" clause,and actively discriminated against religious institutions. Supreme Court Blocks New York's Coronavirus Limits On Houses of Worship : Coronavirus Updates : NPR
    I'm liking the new makeup of the SCOTUS. The liberal judges want to suspend the constitution but that's not the way it's supposed to work. Liberals dislike religion therefore they have no problem imposing draconian measures on places of worship....while at the same time imposing no restrictions on others that they deem worthy.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I have the app installed on my Android phone and check it every day.
    What an ideal citizen you are.

Here in the UK we have the nhs app that approximately 7% of the population have downloaded. The only person I know who used it uninstalled it because the scanning of qr code's didnt work. Someone got very rich developing this flawed app.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    What an ideal citizen you are.

Here in the UK we have the nhs app that approximately 7% of the population have downloaded. The only person I know who used it uninstalled it because the scanning of qr code's didnt work. Someone got very rich developing this flawed app.
    It is no problem for me. The app works well. I appreciate this very convenient method to help make public health a priority during COVID-19.

It is no problem for me. The app works well. I appreciate this very convenient method to help make public health a priority during COVID-19.
    For the app to be of any use it has to be used by a high percentage of the public, I suggest you go to the play store find the app and the total downloads then work out the percentage of Canadians using the app. It gives a very, very rough idea of the usefulness of such an app. As a matter of interest the UK nhs app quickly got 5million downloads when it was released but now months later has not reached 10m which had it done so would be a measly 14% of the population.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    For the app to be of any use it has to be used by a high percentage of the public, I suggest you go to the play store find the app and the total downloads then work out the percentage of Canadians using the app. It gives a very, very rough idea of the usefulness of such an app. As a matter of interest the UK nhs app quickly got 5million downloads when it was released but now months later has not reached 10m which had it done so would be a measly 14% of the population.

He's not big into logic. He's more about being a good lil' soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    He's not big into logic. He's more about being a good lil' soldier.
    Logic does not apply to covid and never has done.