Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    i never said anything about trump... your editing cut out the part about the CDC lying to us. Nice try asshole.. i know your game plan.
    You never Said CDC nice try AH
    PS You do know the CDC is part of the Trump Administration Genius

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    You never Said CDC nice try AH
    PS You do know the CDC is part of the Trump Administration Genius
    no ASSHOLE you did and I was responding to your comment.. please review the convo here:

Originally Posted by bsm2

Here you go buddy Call 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636)

why they have lied to us from the start. You are a government tool.

free thinking people don't need others to tell us how to behave/live.

no ASSHOLE you did and I was responding to your comment.. please review the convo here:

Your Hilorious Today Buddy
    Glad I could help you out
    Yep part of the Failed Trump Administration
    Tick Tock

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

the CDC flip flops on the length of quarantine now... flip flop flip flop

CDC: 14-Day Quarantine for COVID-19 Can be Shortened

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) came out on Wednesday and stated that they are shortening the recommended quarantine time. Now, a person exposed to the virus can be shortened to seven days with a negative test result and ten days without a test if they don't have symptoms.
    "Reducing the length of quarantine may make it easier for people to take this critical public health step," said CDC COVID-19 incident manager, Henry Walke.

The Hill reports:
    [I]f people do decide to travel, the CDC is recommending that people get tested 1 to 3 days before travel and 3 to 5 days afterward.
    Quarantining after being exposed to an infected person is a key step in preventing the virus from spreading further. Exposure is defined as being within six feet of an infected person for 15 minutes over a 24-hour period.
    But officials said they are acknowledging that many people are not following the recommendation for a full 14-day quarantine, given that many need to return to work or face other pressures. They hope a shorter period will encourage more people to comply.
    Following public health measures is particularly important as the country faces a record level of over 150,000 new cases per day and almost 100,000 hospitalizations.

Of course the CDC is still warning that “testing does not eliminate all risk," to those traveling for the holidays. They recommend wearing masks and social distancing.
    Walke also told people to avoid crowded places. “Avoid these crowded indoor spaces,” he said.

The Hill reports:
    [I]f people do decide to travel, the CDC is recommending that people get tested 1 to 3 days before travel and 3 to 5 days afterward.
    Quarantining after being exposed to an infected person is a key step in preventing the virus from spreading further. Exposure is defined as being within six feet of an infected person for 15 minutes over a 24-hour period.
    But officials said they are acknowledging that many people are not following the recommendation for a full 14-day quarantine, given that many need to return to work or face other pressures. They hope a shorter period will encourage more people to comply.
    Following public health measures is particularly important as the country faces a record level of over 150,000 new cases per day and almost 100,000 hospitalizations.
    A surge from Thanksgiving gatherings and travel is expected to only add to the toll in the coming days.
    Of course the CDC is still warning that “testing does not eliminate all risk," to those traveling for the holidays. They recommend wearing masks and social distancing.
    Walke also told people to avoid crowded places. “Avoid these crowded indoor spaces,” he said.
    Trending Political News

Ellen Page Announces She's Transgender: 'My Name is Elliot'

Juno star Ellen Page declared that her identity as Ellen is no more. The actress announced that she is transgender and will now go by the name of "Elliot."

Page posted to Instagram on Tuesday with a letter to her fans, announcing her transition and preferred pronouns. “I want to share with you that I am trans, my pronouns are he/they and my name is Elliot. I feel lucky to be writing this. To be here. To have arrived at this place in my life.”
    Last edited by Phil B.; 12-03-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Off your medications today

Or did you take too many?

Delta Air Lines is introducing a voluntary contact tracing program for international arrivals to the US.
    Passengers will be asked for their full name, email address, contact numbers, and address in the US to be sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This is likely soon to be you.

As California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered restrictions aimed at curbing a surge of Covid-19 cases, Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones declined to enforce them.

Jones resisted enforcing the statewide mask order issued in June. And he pushed back on the governor-ordered curfew aimed at curbing nonessential gatherings last month.

On Wednesday, Jones' office announced that he had tested positive for the virus.

"Yesterday, December 1st, Sheriff Scott Jones received positive test results for Covid-19," the sheriff's office said in a statement. "He was tested when he developed symptoms late last week after a workplace exposure to an employee that later tested positive."

His symptoms, which included a fever, congestion and light-headedness, began last Friday, the statement said. His family also is in quarantine.

... in some earlier post you have described yourself as being 60+ years old and having pre-existing conditions. This squarely puts you in a high risk group.

... if your customers knew you were exposed to someone with COVID-19 and had made no effort to get yourself tested, you are selfishly putting all of those innocent employees at risk plus any friends or family that you come in contact with.

You need to assume you became infected' at Thanksgiving: White House task force warning
    The federal COVID task force says older Americans should avoid public spaces

Americans who celebrated Thanksgiving with other people outside their household should assume they are infectious and a “dangerous to others,” the White House Coronavirus Task Force is warning in a startling new report obtained by ABC News.

Delivered Nov. 29 to the nation’s governors, but not released publicly, President Donald Trump’s top pandemic advisers said it’s up to state and local public health officials to alert the public as COVID-19 cases hit an all-time high.

The task force advises older Americans should be warned to stay away from indoor public spaces and to have groceries and medications delivered.

"It must be made clear that if you are over 65 or have significant health conditions, you should not enter any indoor public spaces where anyone is unmasked due to the immediate risk to your health."

It tells young people to assume they are spreading the virus and putting other people at risk.

Mitt Romney blasts Trump's lack of pandemic leadership