Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ...(1) more likely because in 43 days Trump will be no longer President and neither corporation wants to be associated with the Trump's politically charged America first order. (In response to BillyC's post about pfizer being miffed about Trump's executive order).

(2) Pfizer declined all Operation WarpSpeed funding from the USA.

(3)... both Pfizer and Moderna have made global contractual commitments to supply the vaccine to the world. <---For a Price!
    (1) President Donald Trump's executive orders targeting U.S. drug prices has received heaps of scorn from the pharmaceutical industry and its lobbyists.

In an earnings call with investors, CEO Albert Bourla blasted Trump's executive orders to rein in drug prices as "an enormous distraction" and threatened the possibility of job cuts for U.S. workers. (Seems to me there might be some "bad blood" because they aren't going to be able to rape Americans' pocketbooks with ridiculous medicine prices anymore! It's not a political thing or an "America First" thing.........it's a MONEY thing, plain and simple).

(2) They may have declined "WarpSpeed funding" (research and development) from the US government, but they didn't hesitate for a second to accept a 2 Billion dollar advance back in July (early stages of 'Phase 2' testing) from our government to secure 100 million doses of the vaccine for American citizens. Operation WarpSpeed (whether they were part of it or not) pushed them to develop a vaccine that they could profit from, and faster than they normally would have because of the competition from all the other companies. They can't just let all those other companies get their hands in the cookie jar! They want a cookie too!

(3) Hopefully you are seeing the theme here. MONEY!! Of course they made commitments to the whole world!! Can you imagine how much money you could rake in if EVERY country on the planet was buying your product!?!? You can sit there and believe that they want to "better the world", but everyone knows they just want to "better their bank accounts".
    Omertà

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Leading Covid-19 vaccine makers Pfizer and Moderna decline invitations to White House ‘Vaccine Summit’

Both Pfizer and Moderna, the two major drug manufacturers likely to receive emergency authorizations for a Covid-19 vaccine in the coming weeks, have rejected invitations from President Trump to appear at a White House “Vaccine Summit” on Tuesday, according to two sources familiar with the event’s planning.

I wonder Why?
    Executives at Pfizer and Moderna said that this most recent vaccine summit didn't "fit their agenda". The summit is mainly for companies like Walgreens, CVS, FedEx, etc. to get everyone on board and to hammer out the fine details of the distribution (free for all americans by the way), and to convene leaders from the federal government, state governments, private sector, military, and scientific community for a comprehensive discussion with the American people as the administration prepares to deliver this historic, life-saving vaccine to every zip code in the United States within 24 hours of an FDA approval.
    Omertà

Nice spin but we all know the real reason

Sometimes you cant make this shit up

‘I literally don’t know’: Operation Warp Speed scientist can’t explain Trump’s vaccine order
    It remains unclear how the president’s directive would be enforced.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Sometimes you cant make this shit up

‘I literally don’t know’: Operation Warp Speed scientist can’t explain Trump’s vaccine order

Allow me to explain how an Executive Order works. Remember when Obama used an Executive Order to go around congress to enforce DACA? Yeah, that's how it works.

Former Israeli space security chief says extraterrestrials exist, and Trump knows about it
    A "galactic federation" has been waiting for humans to "reach a stage where we will understand... what space and spaceships are," Haim Eshed said.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Allow me to explain how an Executive Order works. Remember when Obama used an Executive Order to go around congress to enforce DACA? Yeah, that's how it works.
    Apparently reading is not your strong suit

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    That is just the tip of the iceberg. Remember his "I've got a pen and I've got a phone - and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions that move the ball forward." statement.Obama: I will use my pen and phone to take on Congress - CBS News

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    That is just the tip of the iceberg. Remember his "I've got a pen and I've got a phone - and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions that move the ball forward." statement.Obama: I will use my pen and phone to take on Congress - CBS News

Oh, I remember it like it was yesterday. Liberals only understand how an executive order works when one of theirs uses it. An executive order has it's place but not when it's used to go around congress.

Hilarious. Apparently reading is not your strong suit

Oh No not another meaningless executive order

Never trust a man who signs his name with a sharper ha