Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    but the problem is ( if not politically motivated ) is the states don't seem to be able to keep up with requests for the shot(s).. in fact it has been proving some people in several states, have ON THEIR OWN.. bypassed the List of people to receive the doses and they call their family/friends ( under age for the distribution lists) ... doses have been destroyed because people didn't handle the doses properly. Thousands and Thousands of doses have gone ' bad ' under state controlled administration of said doses. ( all have been in Dimwit controlled states )

.. much of the early failures in vaccine distribution was because the Trump administration had no organized plan to deliver the vaccine to the states.

... I am sure with millions of vaccine doses being distributed via a complex deep cold distribution chain, a few 1,000 vaccines will expire.

... President Biden's mantra is "data first, facts first"

... being a hyper critical nit-picker about the rollout of vaccines in the first six days of Biden's presidency is a clear sign that you are not interested in hearing the truth about what is really happening.

President Joe Biden's Chief of Staff Ron Klain said there was no plan in the federal government for the distribution of vaccines across the US.

President Biden signed a raft of new measures last week, including boosting vaccinations and testing. He has implored Americans to wear masks and warned that the death toll could get much worse.

"Let me be clear - things will continue to get worse before they get better", he said.

Dr Anthony Fauci, the top US infectious disease expert, said on Thursday that rolling average data appeared to show infections levelling off.

Although the national picture has stabilised slightly, he warned the country remained in a "very serious situation".

The CDC is particularly concerned that new variants could accelerate the virus spread. It issued a warning that the new more transmissible strain first detected in the UK could become the dominant strain across the US by March.

The strain has been detected in 20 states, Dr Fauci said Thursday, but warned the country had "limited ability" to track its spread through the population.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    .. much of the early failures in vaccine distribution was because the Trump administration had no organized plan to deliver the vaccine to the states.

... I am sure with millions of vaccine doses being distributed via a complex cold chain, a few 1,000 vaccines will expire.

President Joe Biden's Chief of Staff Ron Klain said there was no plan in the federal government for the distribution of vaccines across the US.

President Biden signed a raft of new measures last week, including boosting vaccinations and testing. He has implored Americans to wear masks and warned that the death toll could get much worse.

"Let me be clear - things will continue to get worse before they get better", he said.

Dr Anthony Fauci, the top US infectious disease expert, said on Thursday that rolling average data appeared to show infections levelling off.

Although the national picture has stabilised slightly, he warned the country remained in a "very serious situation".

The CDC is particularly concerned that new variants could accelerate the virus spread. It issued a warning that the new more transmissible strain first detected in the UK could become the dominant strain across the US by March.

The strain has been detected in 20 states, Dr Fauci said Thursday, but warned the country had "limited ability" to track its spread through the population.

Trump was doing better than Trudeau. Would you like to read the article again?

[QUOTE=BillyCarpenter;1672691]Trump was doing better than Trudeau. Would you like to read the article again?[/QUOTE

... by what measure?

... I am sure with millions of vaccine doses being distributed via a complex cold chain, a few 1,000 vaccines will expire.

no you missed my point... the loss of doses was not on delivery of the product BUT rather mishandling of the product once it got to the STATE level...

SOME OF THE LOSSES were due to INTENTIONAL actions.. one report (haven't found an update) it was an employee that was a staunch Trump hater ( like some here ) that employee left out over night 750 doses of the vax.

others have left out 300-659 doses FOR THE SAME REASON! These type actions put in risk American Citizens and there are a few that are under investigation for said actions.

others just didn't follow SOP on the handling of the product.

BTW love your selective paste and copy...

[QUOTE=SalesServiceGuy;1672695]
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Trump was doing better than Trudeau. Would you like to read the article again?[/QUOTE

... by what measure?

By the measure that Trump was responsible for vaccinating 3x the percentage of the population as Trudeau. Why not swallow your pride and admit that is was Trudeau that failed. Not Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Trump was doing better than Trudeau. Would you like to read the article again?
    I'm sure that SGG can read AND comprehend ... unlike his FL buddy that can do neither. The real question is he WILLING TO READ the article?

My vote says No... and I base that on his past history in such a predicament.

no you missed my point... the loss of doses was not on delivery of the product BUT rather mishandling of the product once it got to the STATE level...

SOME OF THE LOSSES were due to INTENTIONAL actions.. one report (haven't found an update) it was an employee that was a staunch Trump hater ( like some here ) that employee left out over night 750 doses of the vax.

others have left out 300-659 doses FOR THE SAME REASON! These type actions put in risk American Citizens and there are a few that are under investigation for said actions.

Just ignore the Facts Buddy that always for you people

I'm sure that SGG can read AND comprehend ... unlike his FL buddy that can do neither. The real question is he WILLING TO READ the article?

My vote says No... and I base that on his past history in such a predicament.
    OTTAWA—Canadian authorities are scrambling to make up lost ground in their quest to vaccinate vulnerable people against Covid-19, after an initial rollout that many public-health officials are criticizing as slow and disorganized.

While Canada was quick to order vaccines and approved the use of the shot developed by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE in early December—two days before the U.S. authorized it—the nation has fallen behind several of its developed-country peers in administering vaccinations.

Just over 0.5% of the population of the U.S.’s northern neighbor was vaccinated as of Wednesday. By comparison, the U.S. had vaccinated 1.6% of its population by that date, and Israel had inoculated more than 18%, according to Our World in Data, a nonprofit research project at the University of Oxford. The U.K. had vaccinated about 1.9% of its population by Jan. 3, the latest date for which vaccination numbers were available.
    Public-health experts say Canadian officials have struggled to move vaccine doses quickly from industrial freezers where they need to be stored to long-term care facilities where elderly residents are among the first designated inoculation. The rollout has been complicated by a decentralized health system run by individual provinces and territories and by Ontario’s decision to pause vaccinations in the country’s most populous province for two days during the holidays.

Trudeau is a blackface wearing, feckless leader.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/canada-struggles-to-distribute-covid-19-vaccines-11610114403

... if the losses are on the State level why are you trying to throw shade on the Federal gov't?

...in a healthcare system stressed out to the max trying to deal with the equivalent of 911 scale deaths everyday from COVID-19, I am certain a few healthcare workers make bad decisions. The daily and monthly stress on healthcare workers is intense.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=BillyCarpenter;1672699]

By the measure that Trump was responsible for vaccinating 3x the percentage of the population as Trudeau. Why not swallow your pride and admit that is was Trudeau that failed. Not Trump.
    Trudeau, like trump, has failed at lots of things. It is you that has trouble admitting it. As I stated many times before, we don't care if you bash trudeau. If fact it makes me laugh at how creative you can be. Lol