Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Sure buddy. Canada is the only G7 country to take funds from the poor because they're trying to help them. You are the ministry of propaganda.
    ... It appears you cannot read, especially facts. Canada is Covax's 2nd largest contributor of funds, Canada purchased vaccines that Covax did not have the funds to purchase.

Not that you ever cared about Covax in the first place other than to spread disinformation.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Keep in mind that SalesServiceGuy is the same dude that told us months ago that Trudeau had the vaccine under control and argued with me when I told him that countries would keep most of the vaccine for themselves. This guy has no common sense. He's also is willing to take bullets for Trudeau and will NEVER criticize him.

Keep in mind that SalesServiceGuy is the same dude that told us months ago that Trudeau had the vaccine under control and argued with me when I told him that countries would keep most of the vaccine for themselves. This guy has no common sense. He's also is willing to take bullets for Trudeau and will NEVER criticize him.

... yet more dis-information from the Pinocchio in Chief!

Prime Minister Trudeau never said that he had the vaccine under control. As stated previously on this same thread, many times, Canada's COVID vaccine strategy is to source vaccines from seven different suppliers while at the same time develop it's own vaccine manufacturing capability to combat future vaccines.

Canada rec'd 403,000 doses this week and will have ample doses by the end of next month.

Canada expects to have 75% of its citizens in the remote northern territories vaccinated by March end.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    .. my last two posts factually answers all of your questions. You can read, can't you?
    No, it is quite obvious that Billy has trouble reading. I have had doubts for some time now that he is even an adult. He argues like he is maybe 10 years old. If I am wrong I appologise.

... yet more dis-information from the Pinocchio in Chief!

Prime Minister Trudeau never said that he had the vaccine under control. As stated previously on this same thread, many times, Canada's COVID vaccine strategy is to source vaccines from seven different suppliers while at the same time develop it's own vaccine manufacturing capability to combat future vaccines.

Canada rec'd 433,000 doses this week and will have ample doses by the end of next month.

Will you listen to this fool? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Pressure on Trudeau grows as Canada’s world ranking on vaccines slips further

Posted February 18, 2021 7:42 am

Canada’s COVID-19 vaccination campaign started on the same day in December as the United States, but it now lags dozens of countries, including its southern neighbor, and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is feeling the pressure.

Canada’s lack of domestic vaccine production is at the root of the problem, forcing the country to depend on foreign companies with production abroad.

In June, Trudeau’s Liberals had an 11-percentage-point lead against their Conservative Party rival, according to Abacus Data. His government provided billions of dollars so people could stay home and not work during the pandemic while the virus spread rapidly in the United States.
    READ MORE: Majority of Canadians blame feds, not provinces, for vaccine delays, poll suggests

Canada now ranks about 40th in the world in per capita vaccinations, according to the University of Oxford’s Our World in Data. Liberals now lead Conservatives only by one point, Abacus says.

“We don’t know if we’re really going to get all the promised doses… I’ll believe it when I see it,” opposition Conservative leader Erin O’Toole said on Tuesday during question period in parliament.

Will you listen to this fool? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Pressure on Trudeau grows as Canada’s world ranking on vaccines slips further

Posted February 18, 2021 7:42 am

Canada’s COVID-19 vaccination campaign started on the same day in December as the United States, but it now lags dozens of countries, including its southern neighbor, and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is feeling the pressure.

Canada’s lack of domestic vaccine production is at the root of the problem, forcing the country to depend on foreign companies with production abroad.

In June, Trudeau’s Liberals had an 11-percentage-point lead against their Conservative Party rival, according to Abacus Data. His government provided billions of dollars so people could stay home and not work during the pandemic while the virus spread rapidly in the United States.
    READ MORE: Majority of Canadians blame feds, not provinces, for vaccine delays, poll suggests

Canada now ranks about 40th in the world in per capita vaccinations, according to the University of Oxford’s Our World in Data. Liberals now lead Conservatives only by one point, Abacus says.

“We don’t know if we’re really going to get all the promised doses… I’ll believe it when I see it,” opposition Conservative leader Erin O’Toole said on Tuesday during question period in parliament.

.... your Reuters article was out of date the moment it was published.

Canada has rec'd 403,000 vaccine doses this week. and will receive 475,000 doses next week from Pfizer. It will them receive 445,000 doses every week next month.

I know facts are not your strong point. You do try hard at "flaming" people.

Distribution location 15-21 Feb 22-28 Feb 1-7 Mar 8-14 Mar 15-21 Mar 22-28 Mar 29 Mar - 4 Apr
    Total forecasted allocations 403,650 475,020 444,600 444,600 444,600 444,600 444,600

Vaccines and treatments for COVID-19: Vaccine rollout - Canada.ca

.... your Reuters article was out of date the moment it was published.

Canada has rec'd 403,000 vaccine doses this week. and will receive 475,000 doses next week from Pfizer. It will them receive 445,000 doses every week next month.

I know facts are not your strong point. You do try hard at "flaming" people.

Distribution location 15-21 Feb 22-28 Feb 1-7 Mar 8-14 Mar 15-21 Mar 22-28 Mar 29 Mar - 4 Apr
    Total forecasted allocations 403,650 475,020 444,600 444,600 444,600 444,600 444,600

Vaccines and treatments for COVID-19: Vaccine rollout - Canada.ca

You've been dismissed, son. Nobody is interested in your promises about what Canada is gonna do in the future. Canada ranks almost dead last on the vaccine rollout. Talk to me when you get in the top 10.

By the way, do you work for the Trudeau administration?

Suck It Up Canadians, You’ll Get Your Turn to Get Vaccinated

Following criticisms for Canada's slow COVID-19 vaccine rollout, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced plans to procure doses that could otherwise go to poorer countries.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s opponents are simultaneously criticizing his government for failing to secure enough vaccine doses and for accepting nearly 2 million doses that could otherwise go to poorer countries.

“Quite obviously, you can't have it both ways,” said Dr. Maria Sundaram, an infectious disease epidemiologist based in Toronto.
    To date, Canada has administered about 1 million vaccine doses, with Canada’s vaccination rate ranking 37th in the world—among the lowest for developed nations, according to Oxford’s Our World In Data vaccination tracker. Just under 3 percent of Canadians have been vaccinated so far, while the U.S. and U.K. have vaccinated 12.8 percent and 18.7 percent of their populations, respectively, as reported by Our World In Data.

“Worldwide vaccine supply being earmarked for countries that are harder hit actually makes some sense in terms of global outcomes,” Dr. Lynora Saxinger, a professor with the University of Alberta’s department of medical microbiology and immunology, previously told VICE World News.

Canada hasn’t been hit as hard by the pandemic, with the U.S. reporting the most COVID-19 cases in the world and the U.K. ranking fourth globally. Canada doesn’t even crack the top 20 for total infections, according to Johns Hopkins Data.

Yet Conservative opposition leader Erin O’Toole continues to criticize Trudeau’s inability to bring in vaccines. “Trudeau has botched the vaccine rollout. Without vaccines, Canadians won't be able to get back to work,” O’Toole tweeted on Friday.

Faced with mounting pressure to acquire more vaccines as fast as possible, Canada announced plans to withdraw 1.9 million doses from COVAX, an international vaccine redistribution pool. COVAX, in part, allows poor and middle-income countries that can’t afford to strike deals directly with vaccine manufacturers to get the vaccine.

Several leaders and experts have called Trudeau’s firm commitment to accepting vaccines from COVAX an “embarrassment.” He maintains that his priority is getting Canadians vaccinated first.

“I wish he made a different choice,” Sundaram said. By paying into COVAX, Canada is entitled to some vaccine, but “it’s expected that they would wait to ask until a later date, after other countries have been able to fulfill their needs,” she said.
    “We need to sit down and ask, ‘Did we really mean we want to prioritize all older adults or did we mean we want to prioritize only older adults in wealthy countries?’” Sundaram said.

Trudeau has repeatedly said that all Canadians who want to be vaccinated will have the chance by September at the latest, while poorer countries around the world could be waiting until 2023 or 2024 to vaccinate their populations if nothing changes.

That’s dangerous, Sundaram said, because the virus travels across borders and it mutates. If the world doesn’t inoculate the most vulnerable populations as quickly as possible, people will die unnecessarily, and new vaccine-resistance COVID-19 variants could form, which could hop from country to country, she said.

The global vaccine race “shouldn't be country versus country; it should be all of us versus the virus,” Sundaram said. “We are in a race against time.”

Poorer countries can’t press for rapid vaccine rollouts the way Canadians can, and it’s “useful to put that into context,” Sundaram said.
    Canada's biggest hurdle is that it doesn't have domestic capabilities to manufacture COVID-19 vaccines, so it depends on companies that produce doses elsewhere.

Two vaccines, Moderna and Pfizer, were approved by the country’s public health authority more than a month ago and both have announced shipment delays this month. Provinces and territories have already used up more than 86 percent of their supply so far, according to the Canadian Press. Canada is expecting 900,000 more doses of Pfizer’s vaccine to arrive at the end of the month, in part due to the fact that on Tuesday, Health Canada approved the pharmaceutical giants' request to use six doses per vial, as opposed to five, the Toronto Star reported.

You've been dismissed, son. Nobody is interested in your promises about what Canada is gonna do in the future. Canada ranks almost dead last on the vaccine rollout. Talk to me when you get in the top 10.

By the way, do you work for the Trudeau administration?
    I cannot remember a single post where you have expressed any concern about your own country's tragic struggle to fight COVID-19, which has killed 450,0000 of your fellow Americans. 19.5x the death rate in Canada.

You have not posted a single positive comment on how infections and deaths are beginning to significantly decline in the USA.

Before you crow about how the USA is so much better than Canada at managing this crisis, much of the credit as stated by the CDC Director is due to the fact that the holidays are over and people are not travelling as much therefore causing less super spreader events.

I know you prefer to throw stones at Canada. COVID-19 infections and death rates are declining here as well. Vaccines are only one tool in controlling the spread of COVID-19.

I cannot remember a single post where you have expressed any concern about your own country's tragic struggle to fight COVID-19, which has killed 450,0000 of your fellow Americans. 19.5x the death rate in Canada.

You have not posted a single positive comment on how infections and deaths are beginning to significantly decline in the USA.

Before you crow about how the USA is so much better than Canada at managing this crisis, much of the credit as stated by the CDC Director is due to the fact that the holidays are over and people are not travelling as much therefore causing less super spreader events.

I know you prefer to throw stones at Canada. COVID-19 infections and death rates are declining here as well. Vaccines are only one tool in controlling the spread of COVID-19.

Take your beating like a man. I'm talking about Canada. Deal with it or shut up.