Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    If brains were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to run a mini-bike halfway around a cheerio.

Read this: The black mayor runs Jackson, Ms. He's defending his city.

JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Jackson Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba took an opportunity at a Tuesday press conference to discuss what he said has been misinformation in the city’s handling of what he called an “act of God.”

The press conference was called to give an update on Jackson’s water crisis. However, the mayor went “off script” to respond to those criticizing the administration’s handling of it.

The mayor was particularly critical of some members of the city council and the media, which questioned whether he had been in talks with state leaders regarding the water crisis.

The conference came as thousands of residents are still dealing with low or no water pressure, and as the city remains under a state of civil emergency.

“This crisis we are in the midst of is an act of God and was not caused through incompetence; it was not a failure to act from any individuals and was not a failure to act from the administration.”

To back up that point, he said other cities across the Southeast are facing similar problems and pointed to Houston, Austin, Shreveport, Vicksburg, and Canton as examples.

“There was an act of God – extreme weather that sent our old systems into havoc and caused this trauma for our residents,” he said.

“As I said yesterday, most people don’t care how a watch works, they just want it to tell time. People look at our administration, the people in charge, (and say) when I can’t bathe, when I can’t take my medicine, when I’m dealing with dialysis, I just need a solution because I’m in trouble and I’m in pain, and that’s where we’re trying to focus.”

Much of the time at Tuesday’s press conference, though, was not spent discussing when water would be restored, but the political in-fighting among city leaders.

“I hear the things that are said, the outlandish statements, and I ignore them time and again because someone has to be a grown-up in the room,” the mayor said. “It isn’t helpful to make it a political discussion and make it a fight.”

The mayor was particularly critical of Ward Three Councilman Kenneth Stokes, who called out the mayor at an emergency council meeting Monday.

On Monday, Stokes questioning why a tanker of non-potable water had not been set up in his ward. He said his residents were suffering and the city needed to do something about it.

Lumumba fired back Tuesday, saying the administration has done more than Stokes had to the people of Ward Three.

“You can’t stand in front of people and say how you’ve given away 10 cases of water,” Lumumba said. “I’ve personally given out more than 10 pallets of water. If you saw me on camera, it’s the media who have found me. I’m usually going to the elderly and to senior homes in Stokes’ ward, delivering water to them and to their doorsteps and also into their homes.

The mayor added that he could “sooner get in contact with the governor than I can with the councilperson for Ward Three. When it takes for me to literally go to his house to talk about how I can help his residents, that is what takes place.”

Stokes was critical of the mayor, in part, for not putting a tanker of non-potable water in his ward. The mayor, though, said the city had not put a tanker there because one was not immediately available.

As of Tuesday, one had been stationed in the ward at Walton Elementary School, located at 3200 Bailey Ave. Water will be distributed until 6 p.m. Tuesday and between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. the rest of the week.

“There were no tankers available to us. We had been in communication with MEMA throughout the process. We gave what we had. We gave what we could find,” he said.

He said cities across the country, including Atlanta, were reaching out to help Jackson. However, the road conditions were such that assistance could not be brought in.

In other cases, he said some companies were trying to take advantage of the crisis to make money, something else that also stymied the city’s efforts.

The mayor also addressed media reports that questioned whether he had been in contact with the governor.

On Monday, the mayor said he had been in contact with Gov. Tate Reeves. Reeves, though, told media outlets that he had not heard from Lumumba.

“To to the extent that it’s relevant, I called the governor from my office phone,” Lumumba said. “I’ve chronicled time and time again (that it has) been a challenge to communicate with him.”

He went on to say that when he can’t reach the governor, the mayor reaches out to the governor’s chief of staff. However, Lumumba said he had been unable to get the chief of staff on the phone Monday morning.

“I learned that he, the chief of staff, was dealing with a personal circumstance and he texted me and said he apologized for that,” he said.

No need to confirm Your States a Mess almost last in Vaccine distribution and CAN'T fix water and power issues.
    Seems you want to blame it all on someone's race is ridiculous.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    No need to confirm Your States a Mess almost last in Vaccine distribution and CAN'T fix water and power issues.
    Seems you want to blame it all on someone's race is ridiculous.

It's beautiful in Long Beach, bro. Things are going swimmingly.

States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered: March 2
    Pretty Bad rank out of 50 states
    44 Mississippi
    Doses distributed to state: 869,955
    Doses administered: 637,116
    Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 73.24

PS - I'm skeptical of anyone with the last name: Lumumba.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And if Johnson&Johnson had their vaccine ready 3 months earlier the Dempanic would already be over. Face the truth for once. Biden has done nothing but follow the plan that President Trump laid out.
    ... except for the fact that it was not ready three months ago. The ex President has no cohesive plans for vaccine distribution and vaccination.

It was President Biden who appointed the well respected Dr. David Keslar as the USA's COVID-19 drug czar. He is the person responsible for creating and implementing the many innovations that are rapidly accelerating the distribution and delivery of multiple effective vaccines throughout the USA.

President Biden appointed Dr Rochelle Walensky to head the CDC. She replaced the ineffective Dr. Robert Redfield who was constantly hampered by the ex President's political agenda from doing his job based upon science and facts.

Credit has to be given to ex President Trump for creating "Operation Warp Speed" but he left the day to day operation of the same to his political appointees who proved to be a failure at almost every turn.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 03-03-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

New York, IBM begin testing Covid-19 digital health pass

IBM and New York State over the weekend began a pilot program to test their forthcoming Covid-19 "digital health pass." Dubbed the "Excelsior Pass," the blockchain-based application is designed to give New York residents a secure way to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test result or certification of vaccination.

The Digital Health Pass uses blockchain to preserve privacy and allow individuals to store, manage and share their health status from mobile devices. Users will be able to either print out their pass or store it on their smartphones. Each pass will have a secure QR code, which venues will scan using the companion app.

For states, the app will effectively serve as a way to maintain public safety in spaces where people congregate -- such as airports, sports stadiums and amusement parks -- while the pandemic persists. Last month, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced a plan to reopen major stadiums and arenas, which requires all staff and spectators to receive a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours of an event.
    "The Excelsior Pass will play a critical role in getting information to venues and sites in a secure and streamlined way, allowing us to fast-track the reopening of these businesses and getting us one step closer to reaching a new normal," Cuomo said in a statement.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    In Mississippi, Black residents are desperate to get vaccinated. But they face access barriers.
    Mississippi has one of the worst racial gaps in vaccination rates in the country, even as Black residents are hit hardest by the pandemic.
    And this under President Joe Biden's watch. Are you finally realizing that he just might be a racist?

Biden’s catch and release amnesty is now triggering a super spreader event at the southern border. Who could have ever seen this coming?After Border Patrol release, asylum-seekers test positive for Covid in Brownsville, Texas | NBC News

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    New York, IBM begin testing Covid-19 digital health pass

For states, the app will effectively serve as a way to maintain public safety in spaces where people congregate -- such as airports, sports stadiums and amusement parks -- while the pandemic persists.

This is the beginning of a very slippery slope, we are expected to be vaccinated and carry around an app that proves it. If you have a look at the screenshots there is an expiry date for the vaccine in one year's time obviously this is a demo but might be in indication of what is to come in this new normal.

The world seems to be blindly walking into a surveillance state, and willing to be injected with whatever.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.