Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Personally I vote for British guitarist Eric Clapton.
    I prefer Frank Zappa

isn't it great we can have differences but still all like rock n roll?

Buddy Holly

Elvis

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    You don't force something in and debate it afterwards, over here politicians consider an idea and vote on it.

... except when the Republicans are not in power in the USA. Then they turn into the party of "No!" at every opportunity.

This was amply demonstrated during President Obama's second term in office.

The Biden Presidency has to pack a lot of legislative objectives in the next two years while they have a firm grasp on power.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... except when the Republicans are not in power in the USA. Then they turn into the party of "No!" at every opportunity.

This was amply demonstrated during President Obama's second term in office.

The Biden Presidency has to pack a lot of legislative objectives in the next two years while they have a firm grasp on power.

Let's see if your assertion holds water that Biden has a firm grasp on power. Ooops.

$15 minimum wage amendment fails, revealing rift in Democratic caucus

Minimum-wage workers won't see a raise as part of federal coronavirus relief efforts, as moderate Democrats joined all Republicans to shoot down Senator Bernie Sanders' amendment to include increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour in the Senate COVID relief package. The 42-58 vote laid out a deep divide within the Democratic caucus on the issue, raising questions on its path forward — but Democratic lawmakers who favor the move say the fight is far from over.

Joe Biden running Death Camps for migrant children

The Centers for Disease Control is allowing shelters handling child migrants who cross the U.S.-Mexico border to expand to full capacity, abandoning a requirement that they stay near 50% to inhibit the spread of the coronavirus, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: The fact that the country's premier health advisory agency is permitting a change in COVID-19 protocols indicates the scale of the immigration crisis. A draft memo obtained by Axios conceded "facilities should plan for and expect to have COVID-19 cases."

The document goes on to recommend detailed ways to prevent the spread of the coronavirus in shelters.

It encourages operators to continue giving COVID-19 tests to newly arrived children, follow 14-day quarantine guidelines, wear masks, improve ventilation and ensure they save room for isolating any child who tests positive, among other actions.

The memo states that there "is no 0% risk scenario" given the coronavirus, so "facilities should plan for and expect to have COVID-19 cases," CNN first reported.
    A spokesperson for HHS did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Driving the news: The memo, drafted on CDC letterhead and set for imminent delivery, said the "only available options" for housing minors who cross the border without their parents are "prolonged stays at [Customs & Border Protection] facilities operating significantly above COVID-19 capacities."

The other alternative is increasing capacity at other shelters run by the Department of Health and Human Services above what their own coronavirus protocols allow.

The CDC says there is an assumed higher risk of migrant kids getting the virus at Border Patrol centers, and it alludes to other safety concerns with those facilities. It concludes the HHS shelters are the safer option, even with increased capacity.

The CDC says these facilities, operated by HHS' Office of Refugee Resettlement, "may temporarily increase capacity to full licensed capacity ... while implementing and adhering to strict COVID-19 mitigation measures."
    Between the lines: The memo also spells out the dire problem.

As Axios has reported, shelters have been getting an average of 321 children per day — up from 47 per day the first week of January — and expect to need 20,000 beds to accommodate an anticipated record number of child migrants.

"At this time, CBP does not have adequate space for physical distancing, quarantine of persons exposed to COVID-19 or isolation of ill or infected persons," the memo says.

"As of March 1, 2021, four CBP sectors are over COVID-adjusted capacity."
    Between the lines: The memo also comes amid a ferocious national debate over whether and when to reopen schools.

While it states in its opening paragraph that children have been less affected by the coronavirus than adults, the memo makes clear its recommendations are only in response to rising numbers of migrant children — and don't apply to other group settings.

The memo was drafted in a response to requests for guidance from the Office of Refugee Resettlement.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I prefer Frank Zappa

isn't it great we can have differences but still all like rock n roll?

Buddy Holly

Elvis
    Jimmy Hendricks Purple Haze

Bo Diddley I saw the Bo Diddley Band at a free concert at the Kaleidoscope in the late 1960s.

Jerry Lee Lewis I saw Jerry at the Fabulous Forum, also late 60s. The headliner was the Doors so the crowd didn't seem to appreciate his more country music than they were used to. His last 2 songs before the Doors were to come onstage were "Whole LOtta Shakin' Goin' On" and "Great Balls of Fire" Put the crowd to shame. When Jim Morrison came on the stage he sat down on the front edge and lectured the crowd on being polite. He almost refused to play.

Bo Diddley I saw the Bo Diddley Band at a free concert at the Kaleidoscope in the late 1960s.

Jerry Lee Lewis I saw Jerry at the Fabulous Forum, also late 60s. The headliner was the Doors so the crowd didn't seem to appreciate his more country music than they were used to. His last 2 songs before the Doors were to come onstage were "Whole LOtta Shakin' Goin' On" and "Great Balls of Fire" Put the crowd to shame. When Jim Morrison came on the stage he sat down on the front edge and lectured the crowd on being polite. He almost refused to play.
    Yeah well.. you DO have me by a few years! Latest on the Corona VirusLatest on the Corona VirusLatest on the Corona Virus

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Any list must include Randy Rhodes and Stevie Ray Vaughn !!

My dad was a HUGE Jerry Lee fan. I wouldn't exactly call his music country but that's the way he's classified. His nickname was "The Killer."

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I think this goes better here than he jokes thread.