Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03...19-coronavirus

Covid-19: Restaurant Dining and Lack of Mask Mandates Are Each Linked to U.S. Virus Spread, C.D.C. Says

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Covid-19: Restaurant Dining and Lack of Mask Mandates Are Each Linked to U.S. Virus Spread, C.D.C. Says - The New York Times

Covid-19: Restaurant Dining and Lack of Mask Mandates Are Each Linked to U.S. Virus Spread, C.D.C. Says

New York, New York. Where folks go to die from Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    New York, New York. Where folks go to die from Covid.
    Sure its not Mississippi No Masks No Water No Brains

Look out the space lasers

Face the facts your Governor thinks your acceptable risk it you get Covid19 So what at least we made a few bucks in taxes.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...joi-story.html

Florida will get 645,180 COVID vaccine doses next week. Here’s where they’ll go.

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post

Face the facts your Governor thinks your acceptable risk it you get Covid19 So what at least we made a few bucks in taxes.

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of a Mask; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of a Mask.”

I haven't checked on Canada in a few days. Let's see how they're doing.

Growing number of Canadians say Trudeau doing 'bad job' on vaccine rollout even as pace quickens

Respondents living in Alberta were most critical, with 71 per cent saying Trudeau did a bad job.

OTTAWA — A growing number of Canadians believe the Trudeau government has fumbled its efforts to deliver COVID-19 vaccines to the public in a timely manner, according to a new poll.
    The survey by Maru Public Opinion, commissioned by the National Post, found 57 per cent of respondents agreed with the statement Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has thus far done a “bad job” of distributing vaccines to the provinces, an increase of 14 per cent from when the same question was asked in the first week of January. At the same time, 60 per cent of respondents said the provinces are doing a “good job” of administering vaccines, up five per cent over the same period.

The poll results come amid rising public impatience with the federal government’s vaccination campaign, which has been hampered by temporary supply shortages and distribution delays. Federal efforts have nonetheless begun to show signs of returning to initial targets in recent days, with public health officials now hinting that vaccines could be administered well before the government’s end of September deadline.
    Advertisement

Article content

Even so, Canada’s dismal ranking in administering vaccines compared with other countries could have a lingering effect on public perception of the Trudeau government, particularly if new delays crop up, said John Wright, executive vice-president of Maru Public Opinion. That could in turn carry some weight should Parliamentarians trigger an election this spring.
    “If they’re looking towards an election in June, which seems to be speculation, then I would be concerned about this, because the ballot question is not so much about vaccines as it is about competence,” Wright said.
    However, public opinion could always shift back should the Liberals meet or exceed their current targets, he said.
    “I think this can be reversed, but it could take the next month or more.”

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Almost a third of people with 'mild' Covid-19 still battle symptoms months later, study finds

It's been almost a year since Michael Reagan, 50, came down with Covid-19.

"I woke up first thing in the morning and I felt really hot and out of breath," he said, recalling the morning of March 22, 2020. "I went into the bathroom trying to catch my breath, and I immediately coughed up blood into the sink. ... I ended up in the hospital that day and tested positive for Covid."
    Reagan said he spent two months in and out of the hospital last spring, with acute Covid-19.

But for as hard as that was, what he's been through since could be considered just as bad, if not worse: His current symptoms include constant pain in his chest, painful nerve pain in his hands and legs, seizures, tremors, and the loss of vision in one eye.

"Since then it has been a roller coaster," he said, with ups and downs, new symptoms, a whole series of doctors, medications and tests.

"I realized that I have a lot of damage from Covid and it's changed my life completely," he said. He has not been able to return to anything near the active life he enjoyed before.

Unlike Reagan, when 34-year-old Stephanie Condra got sick with Covid-19 last summer, she didn't have to be hospitalized. Her symptoms were comparatively mild: fatigue, shortness of breath, stomach pain and cramping, and a low-grade fever.

But, after it appeared she had recovered from her acute illness, Condra says she began developing a wide array of health problems that that waxed and waned but did not clear up: terrible sinus pain, nausea and loss of appetite, bone-crushing fatigue, dizziness, a burning sensation in her chest, a dry cough, brain fog, confusion, concentration issues and problems with word retrieval.

"My symptoms are constantly evolving. I get the same symptoms again and again, and it's like one will kind of disappear and then others will come up," she explained.

While Condra said she started getting better at the beginning of 2021, she describes her progress as slow and halting. "I'm really only able to function for maybe, tops, like four hours during a day," she said.

More than a year into the pandemic, what has become abundantly clear is that SARS-CoV-2 -- the virus that causes Covid-19 -- is a tricky virus: Some people aren't aware they're infected at all, while others are hospitalized and some die. And a growing group of people get sick and then never fully recover. In support groups, they sometimes refer to themselves as long-haulers; their condition is alternately called long Covid, continued Covid, post-Covid syndrome or post-acute Covid syndrome.