Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

With an uptick in Covid-19 cases, there is growing alarm. 'We've seen almost an entire takeover in the Delta variant,' one state official says

The US has surpassed 20,000 new Covid-19 cases for the fourth day in a row as the highly contagious Delta variant persists in its track in being the most common form of the coronavirus in the country.

The last time the country had back-to-back days of cases topping 20,000 was in May, according to the data.
    Dr. Rochelle Walensky, who heads the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Thursday that more than 9 million people live in counties where cases are rising and where the vaccination rates are lower than 40%.

"Many of these counties are also the same locations where the Delta variant represents the large majority of circulating virus," she said.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Infectious Diseases, said the variant could bring about mini-surges in infections in those areas.

"I'm concerned as this variant becomes more dominant, those select areas of the country that have a very low level of vaccination, like 30% or so, you're going to start seeing mini-surges that are localized to certain regions," he said Friday.
    "You don't want to see two separate Americas, one that's vaccinated and protected and yet another that's unvaccinated and very much at risk," Fauci said.
    Overall, 47.8% of the US population is fully vaccinated while 20 states have fully vaccinated more than half of their residents.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Sounding the alarm in Mississippi

The surge has alarmed officials in Mississippi, where only a third of the population is fully vaccinated.

"We've seen almost an entire takeover in the Delta variant," said State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs.

"We're seeing a lot of outbreaks. We're seeing a lot of outbreaks in youth. We're seeing a lot of outbreaks in summer activities. We're also seeing a lot of outbreaks in nursing homes, where we have our most vulnerable people," he said.
    Case numbers and hospitalizations are trending upward because of the spread of the virus mostly among those who are unvaccinated, State Epidemiologist Dr. Paul Byers said.

While the number of deaths hasn't risen, Byers said they anticipate that to change because death numbers tend to lag behind case numbers.

The state is advising seniors aged 65 and older to avoid mass gatherings until July 26, regardless of vaccination status.
    People who are immunocompromised -- whose immune system is weaker -- are also recommended to follow the new guidance issued Friday.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

A large-scale survey3 in Germany of adverse effects in parents and children using data of 25 930 children has shown that 68% of the participating children had problems when wearing nose and mouth coverings. Experimental Assessment of Carbon Dioxide Content in Inhaled Air With or Without Face Masks in Healthy Children: A Randomized Clinical Trial | Pediatrics | JAMA Pediatrics | JAMA Network

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Nursery Rhythms....

Baa baa Black sheep, have you any covid?
    No Sir ,no Sir, but the Gov't may screw me over.
    One vaccine for the master, one different for the lame,
    now vax disease runs rampant, they'll do it all again.

Baa Baa Vax sheep, have you any covid?
    Yes Sir, yes Sir the vax has screwed me over.
    No vaccine for the master, but many for the lame.
    There's none left in my street, there's no one to complain.

Baa Baa Vax sheep have you any <<<KaaaBooom>>>>

Ring'o ring'o rosey a vaccine for our covid,
    crispr-tissue, crispr-tissue, we all fall down....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I, like you have a good immune system. Even tho I'm 64, I haven't had a flu shot in over 20 years, and with a 99% survival rate, I won't be getting this hoax shot.
    There are too many side effects to this shot for me to take the jab.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I am glad I am not the only one whom think this way about that shot, I, nor my wife, had a flu shot in many years, due to having reactions to the flu shot, and I have heard, read seen, not sure any more, but something about reactions to the flu shot, if you have had one, don't get the covid shot either.
    So we are staying clear of it, at least for now, not sure if something will change in future, but for now, no jab.

600,000 Dead Americans your 99% is BS I am sure they wished the vaccine was available The Shot works nothing to be afraid of its FREE EVERYWHERE

Side effect maybe or possible Death pretty easy choice

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The door to door campaign that was started because the leader of the USA failed on his goal (ONE OF MANY), is a blatant overstep and an infringement on privacy of the American citizens! My families PRIVATE medical decisions are no business to the government! Clearly a huge infringement and overstep, yet no one cares. Having a government official come on to your property or you inviting them into house could open a legal can of worms for you. I have already been advised by my attorney on how to handle the situation if it poses itself.

I am still waiting on our leader to make corporations pay the fair share in taxes, I am still laughing at that prediction. Seems to me the CEO's of most of the major cooperation's have become wealthier as the middle class is having to pay higher taxes, higher food costs, etc... Promises, promises.

Life saving Shot
    Your comments are Ridiculous
    I wonder it you contacted your attorney about girl scouts selling cookies door to door?
    I am sure YOUR attorney laughed his ass off

Guess you should blame the last guy that gave Corporations a HUGE windfall in tax breaks for the RICH.
    Last edited by bsm2; 07-12-2021 at 02:52 PM.