Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    99.97% effective? What does that mean?

The crap that Phil has been spreading is the survival rate with covid is 99.97%. What he fails to include with this little tidbit is that this survival rate is across the entire population. The older one gets the lower the survival rate.
    When the vaccine is advertisied as 94% effective, it means that getting hospitalised and dying from covid is 94% less likely. It is no guarantee one won't get infected. Nothing is 100%.
    C'mon man! You know what that means.
    The Human body is 99.97% "effective" (immunological response) in regards to you not dying from Covid. Hence the term "survival rate".
    With most diseases and viruses, it's usually the Old and the Weak that get taken out. Sad reality, but it's true.

So can you honestly tell me, why does someone like me need to get vaccinated?
    I'm not Old.
    I'm not weak or frail.
    I'm not fearful.
    I don't have any underlying health conditions.
    I have a Healthy, and Robust Immune system, which I attribute my "survival from the Pandemic" to.
    If I did have covid in the past year and half, it had virtually zero effect on my body (no symptoms).
    So, WHY do they want people like me to go out and get the vaccine so badly?
    We've already hit the herd immunity milestone.

It's not a matter of "life or death" for me, and if someone feels like it is a matter of life or death for them (old, weak, frail, underlying conditions), then they should get the vaccine and hopefully be protected from the virus like the manufacturer says will happen.

To get the vaccine and then shame people for not getting it is completely ridiculous!
    You're "protected", now shut up and move on.
    Omertà

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Nothing is 100%.

Wrong. Death is 100%. We're all gonna die at some point. 100%.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    C'mon man! You know what that means.
    The Human body is 99.97% "effective" (immunological response) in regards to you not dying from Covid. Hence the term "survival rate".
    With most diseases and viruses, it's usually the Old and the Weak that get taken out. Sad reality, but it's true.

So can you honestly tell me, why does someone like me need to get vaccinated?
    I'm not Old.
    I'm not weak or frail.
    I'm not fearful.
    I don't have any underlying health conditions.
    I have a Healthy, and Robust Immune system, which I attribute my "survival from the Pandemic" to.
    If I did have covid in the past year and half, it had virtually zero effect on my body (no symptoms).
    So, WHY do they want people like me to go out and get the vaccine so badly?
    We've already hit the herd immunity milestone.

It's not a matter of "life or death" for me, and if someone feels like it is a matter of life or death for them (old, weak, frail, underlying conditions), then they should get the vaccine and hopefully be protected from the virus like the manufacturer says will happen.

To get the vaccine and then shame people for not getting it is completely ridiculous!
    You're "protected", now shut up and move on.

I don't care whether you get vaccinated or not. Why would I care? You seem to be under some misunderstanding that you are important to me.
    I was just trying to get clarity on what you meant by saying the body is 99.97% effective.
    It is pretty obvious that you don't even know what you meant.
    PS. I haven't shamed anyone into anything.
    As I have stated many times. Everyone is free to make their own decision on whether to get vaccinated or not. They are just not free from the consequences of that decision.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    In data released back in April, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that at least 5,800 people had fallen ill or tested positive for the coronavirus two weeks or more after they completed both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine.
    Considering that the quarantine period for someone suspected of possibly being exposed, I wonder how many of those were actually infected standing in line at the vaccination clinic?

If you do not want to be exposed to the virus, do not go to places where you might encounter people who have the virus. Like walk up clinics.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Considering that the quarantine period for someone suspected of possibly being exposed, I wonder how many of those were actually infected standing in line at the vaccination clinic?

If you do not want to be exposed to the virus, do not go to places where you might encounter people who have the virus. Like walk up clinics.
    Yes, we all know you can still contract covid after being vaccinated. It isn't, nor was it ever, a secret.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Wrong. Death is 100%. We're all gonna die at some point. 100%.
    Lol. Yup. It's the great equalizer. No matter how good or bad you are, no matter how rich you are, everyone has a date with the grim reaper.

A message to my liberal friends: Please read with an open mind and hopefully we can come together over this one issue where Biden and Harris have done so much harm to the vaccine effort. You know I've been talking about this for a while.

No One Undermined Coronavirus Vaccine Confidence More than Biden and Harris

Although no one has done more to undermine confidence in the coronavirus vaccine than His Fraudulency Joe Biden and Her Vice Fraudulency Kamala Harris, the flailing White House is now blaming the political right’s “fake news” and “false information” for the slowdown in vaccination rates.

To combat that, the administration is turning to fascism, coercion, and spying.

Get the FDA to rush official approval of the vaccine.
    Send government-approved emissaries door-to-door to have a little talk with the unvaccinated.
    Push for schools and businesses to mandate vaccinations.
    Fact check our text messages (which is spying).
    None of that will work. If the government muscles the FDA to approve the vaccine, the vaccine-hesitant will simply say, and not without cause, The government muscled the FDA to approve the vaccine. Other than increasing resentment towards the government and our institutions, the other three items on that list will change nothing.

Regardless, let’s not forget that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris worked overtime for months to undermine people’s confidence in the vaccine. If you’re like me and would like to see everyone vaccinated, their words and actions have been appalling and irresponsible.

To begin with, during the 2020 presidential election, both Biden and Kamala Harris went on a terror campaign to undermine public confidence in the “Trump Vaccine.” Both repeatedly said they didn’t trust the former president to deliver a safe vaccine, even though both were eventually vaccinated with it and the “Trump Vaccine” is now the very vaccine they’re trying to sell to the public.

“In terms of the whole notion of a vaccine, we’re for a vaccine, but we don’t trust [Trump] at all, nor do you. What we trust is a scientist,” Biden said in front of the whole country during one of the presidential debates.

“Let me be clear. I trust vaccines. I trust scientists. But I don’t trust Donald Trump. And at this moment, the American people can’t either,” Biden said during a September 2020 speech.

Kamala was worse.

“If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it, absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it,” Harris said during the vice presidential debate.

During a September appearance on far-left CNNLOL, when asked if she would “get” a vaccine approved while Trump was in office, she said, “Well, I think that’s going to be an issue for all of us. I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump… I will not take his word for it.”

And then what happened?

After they apparently won the election, Biden and Harris were stuck selling the very same “Trump Vaccine” they repeatedly undermined.

Then, and this was by far their stupidest move — and I’m talking gobsmackingly stupid — after being fully vaccinated, Biden and Harris told us how awesome and perfect the vaccine was and still ran around (including outside) wearing masks! In every single public appearance, these two vaccinated clowns wore masks that blared the following messages: 1) the vaccine doesn’t work as well as we say it does, 2) even if it does work, we’re still going to force you to wear a stinky mask, and 3) we don’t have a lot of confidence in the vaccine.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    A message to my liberal friends: Please read with an open mind and hopefully we can come together over this one issue where Biden and Harris have done so much harm to the vaccine effort. You know I've been talking about this for a while.

So, where exactly do they say they don't trust the vaccine?
    Not trusting donny boy is just good judgement. This article shows they didn't trust trump, but they trusted scientists to make a vaccine.
    If this is the worst you could find, you should probably stop whining.

So, where exactly do they say they don't trust the vaccine?
    Not trusting donny boy is just good judgement. This article shows they didn't trust trump, but they trusted scientists to make a vaccine.
    If this is the worst you could find, you should probably stop whining.

Don't be an idiot, jackass. It's not like Trump was brewing the vaccine in his basement. The same vaccine that Democrats were warning folks about is the same vaccine that went in their arm. And yours too.

I'm gonna continue to point out the bullshit by democrats and you're marching lock-stip with 'em.