Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Dr. Brytney Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, wrote in a recent Facebook post she is treating a lot of young, otherwise healthy people for serious coronavirus infections.

"One of the last things they do before they're intubated is beg me for the vaccine," she wrote. "I hold their hand and tell them that I'm sorry, but it's too late."

In her post, Cobia wrote that when a patient dies, she hugs their family members and urges them to get vaccinated. She said they cry and tell her they thought the pandemic was a "hoax," or "political," or targeting some other age group or skin color.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

... for the unvaccinated, there is a lot to fear from COVID-19D!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... for the unvaccinated, there is a lot to fear from COVID-19D!

Yep, I suppose we'll have to leave them alone and get on with our life. And that's exactly what I'm doing.

‘Don’t want to get vaccinated, leave’ — hedge fund founder mandates Covid shots in his office

• Anthony Scaramucci, founder and co-managing partner of SkyBridge, told CNBC on Friday he’s mandated Covid shots at the office of his hedge fund.
    • He also called on all eligible Americans to go out and get vaccinated.
    • “We’re a private company. If somebody wants to fight me over the vaccine mandate, that’s fine. Let’s take it to the court,” Scaramucci said.

Anthony Scaramucci, founder and co-managing partner of SkyBridge, told CNBC on Friday he’s mandated Covid shots at the office of his hedge fund.

He also called on all eligible Americans to go out and get vaccinated.

“We’re a private company. If somebody wants to fight me over the vaccine mandate, that’s fine. Let’s take it to the court,” Scaramucci said on “Squawk Box,” while imploring other firms to follow suit.

“Make a decision. You’re a private company. Let’s cut it out. We’ve got to keep people safe. Get vaccinated. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, leave. That should be the message, and people will start getting vaccinated.”

Scaramucci’s comments Friday come at a critical juncture in the coronavirus pandemic, as the U.S. sees a spike in new infections linked to the highly transmissible delta variant, and as health officials scramble to combat Covid vaccine hesitancy and opposition.

Roughly 49% of the U.S. population is fully vaccinated and 56.4% have received at least one vaccine dose, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Most people in the country who received shots got vaccines from either Pfizer and Moderna, which require two does. Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine requires one shot. Those are the only three approved for emergency use in the U.S.

However, vaccination rates have slowed considerably since mid-April, when the seven-day average of daily doses administered topped 3.4 million. As of July 17, the weekly average of daily doses administered was just under 450,000, according to CDC data.

‘Don’t want to get vaccinated, leave’ — hedge fund founder mandates Covid shots in his office

• Anthony Scaramucci, founder and co-managing partner of SkyBridge, told CNBC on Friday he’s mandated Covid shots at the office of his hedge fund.
    • He also called on all eligible Americans to go out and get vaccinated.
    • “We’re a private company. If somebody wants to fight me over the vaccine mandate, that’s fine. Let’s take it to the court,” Scaramucci said.

Anthony Scaramucci, founder and co-managing partner of SkyBridge, told CNBC on Friday he’s mandated Covid shots at the office of his hedge fund.

He also called on all eligible Americans to go out and get vaccinated.

“We’re a private company. If somebody wants to fight me over the vaccine mandate, that’s fine. Let’s take it to the court,” Scaramucci said on “Squawk Box,” while imploring other firms to follow suit.

“Make a decision. You’re a private company. Let’s cut it out. We’ve got to keep people safe. Get vaccinated. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, leave. That should be the message, and people will start getting vaccinated.”

Scaramucci’s comments Friday come at a critical juncture in the coronavirus pandemic, as the U.S. sees a spike in new infections linked to the highly transmissible delta variant, and as health officials scramble to combat Covid vaccine hesitancy and opposition.

Roughly 49% of the U.S. population is fully vaccinated and 56.4% have received at least one vaccine dose, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Most people in the country who received shots got vaccines from either Pfizer and Moderna, which require two does. Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine requires one shot. Those are the only three approved for emergency use in the U.S.

However, vaccination rates have slowed considerably since mid-April, when the seven-day average of daily doses administered topped 3.4 million. As of July 17, the weekly average of daily doses administered was just under 450,000, according to CDC data.

Who exactly is he keeping safe? The reason you get the vaccine is to protect you from those who aren't . Grandstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Who exactly is he keeping safe? The reason you get the vaccine is to protect you from those who aren't . Grandstanding.

The main reason you get vaccinated is not to infect yourself or your family members. Nothing to do with grandstanding.

There has been plenty of evidence that even those who are double vaccinated remain at risk from the unvaccianted.

... also mandatory mask wearing in public is starting to come back and could be in full force guidance from the CDC by Sept.

The main reason you get vaccinated is not to infect yourself or your family members. Nothing to do with grandstanding.

There has been plenty of evidence that even those who are double vaccinated remain at risk from the unvaccianted.

... also mandatory mask wearing in public is starting to come back and could be in full force guidance from the CDC by Sept.

If I'm being completely honest, he's correct that there is evidence that the vaccinated are being infected by the unvaccinated. I'm unsure if they get sick or simply test positive?

For the record, I think folks should get vaccinated. I was one of the first in line. But at the end of the day I don't want to government to mandate it. I'm fine with private companies mandating the vaccine. That's their right and I support it.