Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    If I'm being completely honest, he's correct that there is evidence that the vaccinated are being infected by the unvaccinated. I'm unsure if they get sick or simply test positive?

For the record, I think folks should get vaccinated. I was one of the first in line. But at the end of the day I don't want to government to mandate it. I'm fine with private companies mandating the vaccine. That's their right and I support it.

Scaramucci acknowledged some people may be distrustful of government and large institutions, but said the science of vaccination is clear. The more Americans who take the Covid vaccine, the better for the entire country, he said.

“I don’t like the totalitarian nonsense. It’s not about that. This is about once in a while we have to team up as a society to protect each other,” Scaramucci said, while later referencing the greater good theory. “If we all get vaccinated, we’re going to be out into society faster and the economy is going to grow faster, and there will be more jobs and more income,” he said.

Companies requiring their employees to be vaccinated has been a contentious issue throughout the pandemic, in part because the Food and Drug Administration has only granted the vaccines from Pfizer, Moderna and J&J emergency use authorization.

Former FDA chief and Pfizer board member Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CNBC later on “Squawk Box” that he expects businesses and organizations to take a more authoritative position on vaccination requirements once full regulatory approval is given.

“As we head into the fall and the winter, hopefully the vaccines achieve full approval ... I think you’re going to see more mandates get put in place. Certainly, in the health-care setting you’re starting to see that become more commonplace,” he said.

“Business wants to restart. People want to restart activities, and to the extent that the vaccines are going to provide an added measure to be able to do that safely, and protect venues where you’re bringing people together, I think you’re going to see more sports teams, more business venues, start to mandate vaccination,” he added.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Alabama Republican Gov. Ivey says 'start blaming the unvaccinated folks' for rise in Covid cases

Alabama Republican Gov. Kay Ivey on Thursday called out "the unvaccinated folks" for the rise in Covid-19 cases in her state, a remarkable plea at a time when many GOP leaders are refusing to urge people to get vaccinated even as Covid-19 cases surge in many parts of the country.

"Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It's the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down," Ivey told reporters in Birmingham.

Alabama is the least vaccinated state in the country, with roughly 33.9% of residents fully vaccinated, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Average daily Covid-19 cases in Alabama are nearly double what they were a week ago, and more than four times higher than they were two weeks ago.

Asked by reporters Thursday about plans to issue a mask mandate or other restrictions now that Covid cases are starting to rise again in her state, Ivey replied, "The new cases of Covid are because of unvaccinated folks. Almost 100% of the new hospitalizations are with unvaccinated folks. And the deaths are certainly occurring with unvaccinated folks."

The unvaccinated, Ivey said, are "choosing a horrible lifestyle of self-inflicted pain."

"We've got to get folks to take the shot," she continued, calling the vaccine "the greatest weapon we have to fight Covid."

Ivey ended the state's mask mandate in April, at the time favoring personal responsibility rather than a government mandate. The CDC had announced in May that fully vaccinated people would no longer have to wear masks.

But now with the Delta variant spreading, experts are saying vaccinated and unvaccinated people should wear masks in areas where Covid-19 cases are high but vaccination rates are low.

Ivey on Thursday was asked by a reporter what it would take to implement a mask mandate, and replied that "I want folks to get vaccinated" and "why would we want mess around with just temporary stuff?"

In recent days -- amid surges largely occurring in states former President Donald Trump won in 2020 -- increasing numbers of Republicans and conservative media figures have called upon Americans to get the vaccine after months of declining to press the issue. But many Republican leaders still won't say publicly​ whether they are vaccinated and Trump himself has cast the vaccine in political terms, suggesting people aren't taking it because "they don't trust (Biden's) Administration."

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    If I'm being completely honest, he's correct that there is evidence that the vaccinated are being infected by the unvaccinated. I'm unsure if they get sick or simply test positive?

For the record, I think folks should get vaccinated. I was one of the first in line. But at the end of the day I don't want to government to mandate it. I'm fine with private companies mandating the vaccine. That's their right and I support it.
    A whole British military ship full have contracted covid after being fully vac'd and masked.
    Failed again WHO and the British dept covering this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    A whole British military ship full have contracted covid after being fully vac'd and masked.
    Failed again WHO and the British dept covering this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    And who told you that the vaccine would completely prevent contracting covid?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I am trying to figure out why they are conducting the Japanese Olympic Games. According to what NBC is saying during their coverage is that only about 25% of the Japanese people are fully vaccinated. If those who are not vaccinated are the one infecting those who are vaccinated, I wonder how often the are being testing the Bidens while they are there. And why the Hell are the Bidens doing there when the family members of the US athletes are not allowed to be there. Oh wait, that is right, White Democrat Elite Politician privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I am trying to figure out why they are conducting the Japanese Olympic Games. According to what NBC is saying during their coverage is that only about 25% of the Japanese people are fully vaccinated. If those who are not vaccinated are the one infecting those who are vaccinated, I wonder how often the are being testing the Bidens while they are there. And why the Hell are the Bidens doing there when the family members of the US athletes are not allowed to be there. Oh wait, that is right, White Democrat Elite Politician privilege.

Because he can be Duh
    Apparently you learned nothing in the military

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

When you say "the Biden's" do you actually mean first lady Jill Biden? That's an awful lot of fake outrage to direct towards this.

PS she isn't a politician

CDC will enforce mask mandate for cruises despite court lifting cruise ship restrictions

In February 2021, the CDC instituted an order that requires people to wear masks on public transportation, which includes aircraft, train, road vehicle, vessel or other means of transport.

This is the same rule that requires the airlines to enforce passengers.

Enforcement of the CDC's order on cruise ships will fall to the U.S. Coast Guard.