Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... The USA has a big problem in that it's citizens believe and are told by the media they listen to that their right to personal freedoms exceed the need for public safety.

US govt's and corporations have obliged that belief for some time but the nation is rapidly growing tired of the pandemic restrictions and the only way forward is to strongly encourage the unvaccianted to get vaccinated.
    I think I see where you are going with this, and I cannot see the point in a Brit and Canadian arguing about US politics, if someone in England doesn't want the vaccine fair enough, I guess we are a bit more liberal than you lot. My point was the sensational claims made by the CDC.

If you work at Walmart and you get vaccinated , you get a $150.00 bonus! If you do not get vaccinated, like the new rules for the Federal gov't, you will be constantly tested, required to wear face shields and masks, be required to take education classes and find that opportunities for career advancement are closed.
    Do you have a reputable link for this?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Many people on here be unfortunate enough to catch it?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

... The USA has a big problem in that it's citizens believe and are told by the media they listen to that their right to personal freedoms exceed the need for public safety.

US govt's and corporations have obliged that belief for some time but the nation is rapidly growing tired of the pandemic restrictions and the only way forward is to strongly encourage the unvaccianted to get vaccinated.
    Wow, that is super strange. All I ever see on television is commercials pushing the vaccines. The same is true for both local news and national news programs.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Many people on here be unfortunate enough to catch it?
    Yep, and I have never been sick like that ever. Almost two months ago I likely got the Alpha variant as it was the predominate strain in my area at that time. My postal code (ZIP code in the USA) and the ones surrounding were at some of the highest levels in my province.

You don't want to get it, sure most people get through it OK but you never know. I had all the major symptoms for four days and then started to really feel better. Took me two weeks to smell anything again, However I still have some lingering secondary symptoms, if I have to go out I definitely do not eat beforehand. let me just say the last two months I have read more of Uncle John's bathroom reader then I would ever have wanted.

Lingering fatigue as well, some days it is more noticeable then others.

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Yep, and I have never been sick like that ever. Almost two months ago I likely got the Alpha variant as it was the predominate strain in my area at that time. My postal code (ZIP code in the USA) and the ones surrounding were at some of the highest levels in my province.

You don't want to get it, sure most people get through it OK but you never know. I had all the major symptoms for four days and then started to really feel better. Took me two weeks to smell anything again, However I still have some lingering secondary symptoms, if I have to go out I definitely do not eat beforehand. let me just say the last two months I have read more of Uncle John's bathroom reader then I would ever have wanted.

Lingering fatigue as well, some days it is more noticeable then others.

Sorry to hear this. I myself caught it a few weeks ago the only symptoms I had were a loss of taste & smell prompting me to take a covid test. This has still not returned cooking/eating is not the same I have to watch everything especially when grilling I burn everything!

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

Sorry to hear this. I myself caught it a few weeks ago the only symptoms I had were a loss of taste & smell prompting me to take a covid test. This has still not returned cooking/eating is not the same I have to watch everything especially when grilling I burn everything!

I can relate, it took me just over a week to get enough appetite to actually cook something, and I would normally know when the pie was ready just by smell, but I had to keep a eye on the time. I got distracted with the pets in the kitchen and left the oven on, done it before and catch it when returning the dishes, oh, not this time. Hours later, wandering in before bed and I felt the heat and saw the light.

Good luck going forward...
    Cheers

... let us us hope that you both do not have long term COVID.

If so, global medical science is still working on a cure full blast with full funding.

This is a global problem with many parts of the world far behind in vaccinations.

COVID, masking and booster shots will be with us well into 2025. Some local areas will be fortunate to carry on as somewhat like the pre pandemic normal. Leave that area, mask up, vaccinate up and carry your proof of vaccination status on you like your drivers license.

Florida COVID-19 cases surge with 100,000+ reported in past week
    State confirms 409 new deaths

Florida reported over 21,000 new positive COVID-19 infections on Friday, the highest single-day increase in infections since the beginning of the pandemic, according to statistics from the CDC.

The state reported 21,683 cases on Friday, breaking its previous record of 19,334 reported in January.

Currently, 61 percent of the state’s eligible population is vaccinated according to the most recent report from the Florida Department of Health.

Amidst the state’s spike in cases, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis banned school districts from requiring students and staff to wear masks by executive order on Friday.

DeSantis’ order came just days after the CDC recommended that all students and staff wear masks in school when they return this fall.

NEWS
    Dr. Fauci warns latest COVID-19 wave is ‘going to get worse’
    By Jackie Salo

August 1, 2021 | 12:07pm

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Sunday warned that the country’s latest COVID-19 surge is “going to get worse” — but insisted he doesn’t expect the climbing case numbers to trigger any new lockdown orders.

The White House chief medical adviser acknowledged that the US has yet to turn the corner in the recent outbreak driven by the spread of the highly contagious Delta variant.

“Things are going to get worse,” Fauci told ABC co-anchor Jonathan Karl on “This Week.”

But Fauci said he still doesn’t expect the nation to shut down again.

Write it down