Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    While cases are up in florida, they still only rank 26th in deaths per million.

We have a non-vaxxer in our workgroup. Says he ain't doing it and it's no one's business but his own. Fair enough. However they should save critical care in hospitals for people who need it before those who need it because they are not vaccinated. It would be nice if we could do this, just saying.

It is odd, we put all sorts of stuff in our bodies that we don't have a clue of. Athletes put in stuff to get stronger (not always legal stuff either). At work once we had a bbq. There were brat buns left over that sat on the shelf for over 6 months that still had no mold and were perfect to eat after 6 months. You are starting to see more and more mechanics wearing gloves during repairs. It's not just to keep their hands clean anymore but to keep chemicals from absorbing into skin tissue. Lately there has been press on sunscreen causing it's own cancer.....the list goes on.

I think getting a shot is the least of our worries.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    While cases are up in florida, they still only rank 26th in deaths per million.
    Like that's good news

Deaths per Million yep F it you die look at the odds per Million

Over Gov. Ron DeSantis' objections, Florida school districts are imposing mask mandates
    Catherine Garcia, Night editor
    August 4, 2021, 8:54 pm
    Florida teachers protest anti-mask mandates.
    Florida teachers protest anti-mask mandates. Octavio Jones/Getty Images
    Several school districts in Florida are pushing back against Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) and his executive order prohibiting schools from imposing mask requirements for students.

On Tuesday night, the School Board of Alachua County voted in favor of requiring all students to wear masks during the first two weeks of school. In the last few days, two janitors in the district have died of COVID-19, and board member Robert Hyatt told Politico he doesn't think "that we need to get in any kind of match with the governor. To me, it's not being defiant. It's being reactive to what the situation is." There are also 15 active COVID-19 cases among district employees, and Superintendent Carlee Simon said they're "running into a situation where we are literally losing our workforce."

On Wednesday, Leon County — home to Tallahassee — said it wants to enact a mandatory mask rule for kids in pre-kindergarten through the eighth grade, and the Broward County School District announced it will keep its mask mandate, changing course from an earlier statement that it would comply with DeSantis' order.

Florida continues to see a sharp rise in new coronavirus cases, with 16,935 reported in the state on Tuesday. There are a record 12,000 people hospitalized with the virus in Florida, The Miami Herald reports, and most of the infected patients are younger and unvaccinated. With the Delta variant fueling the surge, Florida accounted for 16 percent of all new U.S. cases on Tuesday, and the state's seven-day average of new cases was up 700 percent on Aug. 3 versus July 3.

Still, DeSantis is resisting mask mandates, and schools that keep them in place risk losing state funding. Leon County Superintendent Rocky Hanna on Wednesday said it may seem "controversial," but "I absolutely believe" that having mask requirements for students "is the right thing to do temporarily until we have a better understanding of the Delta variant and the impact it has on school-aged children."

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    We have a non-vaxxer in our workgroup. Says he ain't doing it and it's no one's business but his own. Fair enough. However they should save critical care in hospitals for people who need it before those who need it because they are not vaccinated. It would be nice if we could do this, just saying.
    "A recent study released by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the delta infection has similarly high viral loads in vaccinated and unvaccinated people." "The CDC's research suggesting that vaccinated people infected with delta can also easily transmit the virus" Breakthrough COVID cases among the fully vaccinated are real. Here's what's happening - CNET

Since being vaccinated does not keep you from transmitting the virus to others, maybe you should rethink denying treatment to those who are not vaccinated.

Do you know what the one place is, other than a treatment facility, that you are most likely to encounter individuals who have the virus? ANSWER, a virus testing station, especially those that require you to get out of your vehicle and walk in. By particles in the following they mean the actual virus itself. "Particles from an infected person can move throughout an entire room or indoor space. The particles can also linger in the air after a person has left the room – they can remain airborne for hours in some cases." And even a quality N95 mask will not stop airborne viruses. The N95 will stop 95% of all particles 0.3 microns in diameter. The SARS-CoV-2 virus has an average diameter as small as 0.125 microns and could be as small as 0.06 microns. "So, N95 masks block few, if any, virions (virus particles).” The masks will however block moisture droplet from a cough, sneeze or loud talking or singing. Fact check: N95 filters are not too large to stop COVID-19 particles

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    "A recent study released by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the delta infection has similarly high viral loads in vaccinated and unvaccinated people." "The CDC's research suggesting that vaccinated people infected with delta can also easily transmit the virus" Breakthrough COVID cases among the fully vaccinated are real. Here's what's happening - CNET

Since being vaccinated does not keep you from transmitting the virus to others, maybe you should rethink denying treatment to those who are not vaccinated.

Do you know what the one place is, other than a treatment facility, that you are most likely to encounter individuals who have the virus? ANSWER, a virus testing station, especially those that require you to get out of your vehicle and walk in. By particles in the following they mean the actual virus itself. "Particles from an infected person can move throughout an entire room or indoor space. The particles can also linger in the air after a person has left the room – they can remain airborne for hours in some cases." And even a quality N95 mask will not stop airborne viruses. The N95 will stop 95% of all particles 0.3 microns in diameter. The SARS-CoV-2 virus has an average diameter as small as 0.125 microns and could be as small as 0.06 microns. "So, N95 masks block few, if any, virions (virus particles).” The masks will however block moisture droplet from a cough, sneeze or loud talking or singing. Fact check: N95 filters are not too large to stop COVID-19 particles
    Please STOP with the Anti Mask BS
    Masks particularly N95 Work that why medical staff uses them.

Masks slow the spread period. Stop with the half truths half facts. Follow the CDC guildlines.
    I
    Our ruling: False
    We rate this claim FALSE because it is not supported by our research. The COVID-19 virus itself is indeed smaller than the N95 filter size, but the virus always travels attached to larger particles that are consistently snared by the filter. And even if the particles were smaller than the N95 filter size, the erratic motion of particles that size and the electrostatic attraction generated by the mask means they would be consistently caught as well.
    Last edited by bsm2; 08-06-2021 at 01:44 AM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Yes Slim, you can still become infected by covid after being vaccinated. NOBODY HAS INDICATED OTHERWISE!!!!
    So what exactly is your point other than pushing your own agenda??
    The biggest advantage to getting vaccinated is the FACT that you have a much reduced chance of getting hospitalized or dying. If you don't mind being hospitalized or dying, by all means, don't get vaccinated. Prove how " free" you are. Haha

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    No opinion on China then, thought as much.
    I have plenty of opinions on China. Most of them disapprove of the Chinese Communist Party and how it manages the country and it's internal/ external affairs.

China has wrongly imprisoned two Canadian citizens for over two years as political prisoners related to Huawei.

China does create some amazing technology and manufacturers most of the equipment that I have earned an income from for most of my life.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post

It is odd, we put all sorts of stuff in our bodies that we don't have a clue of. Athletes put in stuff to get stronger (not always legal stuff either). At work once we had a bbq. There were brat buns left over that sat on the shelf for over 6 months that still had no mold and were perfect to eat after 6 months. You are starting to see more and more mechanics wearing gloves during repairs. It's not just to keep their hands clean anymore but to keep chemicals from absorbing into skin tissue. Lately there has been press on sunscreen causing it's own cancer.....the list goes on.

I think getting a shot is the least of our worries.
    COVID-19D+ is going to get much worse amongst the unvaccinated as soon as next month.

The anti-vaxxer in your workgroup has to be re-assigned to work from home and excluded from job tasks that interact with your business customers.

Clearly, the tolerance for the unvaccinated in the workplace is rapidly declining.

Really I don't see this as a rebuttal. I will not deny that this is true. However...........it is also true that those who are vaccinated have a much much MUCH lower incidence of being hospitalized or placed in intensive care than those who are not. It is also very true that those who are vaccinated have a much lower chance of contracting the virus. So #1 (I'm just saying again) what gives an unvaccinated person the right to take an intensive care bed away from someone who is vaccinated? If I needed intensive care in Florida right now, say for a heart attack, there aren't any beds, they are primarily filled with unvaccinated covid individuals. #2 probably the only reason the vaccines are not FDA approved is there are no long term studies done. Everyone is so damn lawsuit happy here that the FDA and pharma have to list all of the possible side affects to avoid future potential lawsuits. #3 politicians and media just love this $hit. It is one thing that gets their names/brands out in front of millions. There is a whole lot of counter-culture that just loves promoting both sides of the equation just to get their 5 minutes of fame in the public eye.

I will close my soapbox speech with a story. I am probably one of the older techs on this forum. This is a personal story from my childhood when I was 6 or 7. I had dislocated my shoulder, the pain and swelling was awful. The doctor prescribed a new drug on the market that could only be obtained by a prescription. My mom was hesitant as the only pain reliever she knew was aspirin or a narcotic. We got this new drug and it worked well, despite my mom's worries. Guess what it was?

Ibuprophen aka advil. Sometimes you just have to trust science and doctors and take a leap of faith. I was not crazy about getting the shot either, I took a leap of faith like my mom did for me.

One thing we all agree on is we want Covid to stop. There are some who are trying to stop it, the others want it to stop but aren't doing anything to try to stop it including masks and shots. I don't think there is anyone out there except for people trying to capitalize on covid who want it to keep going. Am I right?
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex