Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Why doesn't Sleepy Joe mandate the vaccine for anyone that receives government assistance - food stamps, welfare, ect.? He's not serious about covid just yet.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Why doesn't Sleepy Joe mandate the vaccine for anyone that receives government assistance - food stamps, welfare, ect.? He's not serious about covid just yet.
    Great idea email it to him

Maybe he can start with your state

Don't forget your Mask

President Biden is done pussy-footing around on COVID-19 vaccination. And he's betting most Americans are too.

The pugnacious speech Biden delivered late Thursday afternoon marked an abrupt change of tone. It could be a political turning point.

Biden, in the past, has favored a patient nudging of people toward vaccination. That's gone now. In its place is a willingness to hammer vaccine skeptics for their irresponsibility.

The president sounded less like a consensus-craving politician and more like a father at the end of his tether.

"What more is there to wait for? What more do you need to see? We've made vaccinations free, safe and convenient," he said.

Moments later, he added: "We've been patient but our patience is wearing thin - and your refusal has cost all of us."

Later in the speech, he announced that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) would double fines for air travelers who refuse to mask up.

"If you break the rules, be prepared to pay. And by the way - show some respect!" Biden jabbed, his voice rising. The sight of irate passengers assailing flight crews was, he said "wrong. It's ugly."

Politically speaking, there are plenty of partisan voters on the right who will always be beyond Biden's reach. But his words will resonate with many millions of people who are bone-tired of a pandemic that is being needlessly prolonged by vaccine hesitancy, anti-mask hyperbole and junk science.

The change in tone was more than matched by significant shifts in policy too.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    When President Biden took office on January 20 of this year the total deaths in the US were 396,837. At that time the first vaccines had been available for just over 1 month. That count is now 673,005. That is an increase of 273,068 in under 8 months during which the vaccines were available.
    Yup, the vaccine is available. Tell all your friends

I ask that you stop spreading falsehoods and misinformation. The Taliban are beating women with whips and torturing those that fall out of line with their extreme Islamic teachings. The leadership is made up of former Gitmo prisoners that were known terrorists.

PS - What is it with your soft spot for dictators and terrorists - Castro & Taliban?
    Hell I've seen beheadings done by the taliban.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You know I normally don't get in the way of political volleyball games but this one really gets my goat going. People have rights to decide for themselves. This is the argument that I have heard from those not wanting the vaccine. People have the right to decide whether they should have to wear masks or not, this is the argument for not wearing a mask. The government better not interfere with our rights to do whatever we want to.

Well we have the right to do whatever we want as long as it does not interfere with other people's rights.

We have the right to drive 100 mph in a school zone. Wait, that might interfere with a child's right to live.... so there is a law.

We have the right to drive without seatbelts. Wait. that might interfere with other people's rights to keep lower insurance premiums and it saves lives.....so there is a law

We have the right to keep assult weapons. Wait. Assult weapons in the hands of crazies kill alot of people.....so there may be restrictions...laws may be coming

Laws are there to primarily protect the rights of others.

By not getting your vacination, not wearing a mask, you are not only hurting yourself, but are violating the rights of several school age children who are unprotected. You may as well drive your car 100mph through a school zone or a nursing home.

I hope Biden and businesses mandate vacinations. We all want this virus crap done and done. It will never be over if all of us don't do our part. We just about had it licked but not everyone did their part and it is starting to come back with a vengeance. I for one, think having shortages, higher prices, possibility of re-infection is violating my rights and the rights of the majority of the US..... so let it be law.

Let's not forget the hospital beds being taken up that could have been avoided. With a shortage of hospital beds, that has got to be violating the rights of those badly injured that would also need them.

Go ahead and crucify me in this thread, that is your RIGHT, it won't hurt me. I will agree it is your RIGHT to do so.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I ask that you stop spreading falsehoods and misinformation. The Taliban are beating women with whips and torturing those that fall out of line with their extreme Islamic teachings. The leadership is made up of former Gitmo prisoners that were known terrorists.

PS - What is it with your soft spot for dictators and terrorists - Castro & Taliban?
    ... the Taliban are holding to their deal and acting responsibly with the USA to help evacuate US citizens after Aug 31. Several departed today via Kabul Airport.

US citizens who refuse to get vaccinated are acting irresponsible.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    You know I normally don't get in the way of political volleyball games but this one really gets my goat going. People have rights to decide for themselves. This is the argument that I have heard from those not wanting the vaccine. People have the right to decide whether they should have to wear masks or not, this is the argument for not wearing a mask. The government better not interfere with our rights to do whatever we want to.

Well we have the right to do whatever we want as long as it does not interfere with other people's rights.

We have the right to drive 100 mph in a school zone. Wait, that might interfere with a child's right to live.... so there is a law.

We have the right to drive without seatbelts. Wait. that might interfere with other people's rights to keep lower insurance premiums and it saves lives.....so there is a law

We have the right to keep assult weapons. Wait. Assult weapons in the hands of crazies kill alot of people.....so there may be restrictions...laws may be coming

Laws are there to primarily protect the rights of others.

By not getting your vacination, not wearing a mask, you are not only hurting yourself, but are violating the rights of several school age children who are unprotected. You may as well drive your car 100mph through a school zone or a nursing home.

I hope Biden and businesses mandate vacinations. We all want this virus crap done and done. It will never be over if all of us don't do our part. We just about had it licked but not everyone did their part and it is starting to come back with a vengeance. I for one, think having shortages, higher prices, possibility of re-infection is violating my rights and the rights of the majority of the US..... so let it be law.

Let's not forget the hospital beds being taken up that could have been avoided. With a shortage of hospital beds, that has got to be violating the rights of those badly injured that would also need them.

Go ahead and crucify me in this thread, that is your RIGHT, it won't hurt me. I will agree it is your RIGHT to do so.
    Martin Luther King wrote from a Birmingham jail "one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws." MLK'''s "Letter From a Birmingham Jail" and other great open letters.

Biden - Promise made, promise broken.

Biden in December 2020: 'I Don't Think' COVID Vaccinations 'Should Be Mandatory'

Growth is found only in adversity.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Biden - Promise made, promise broken.

Biden in December 2020: 'I Don't Think' COVID Vaccinations 'Should Be Mandatory'
    How is that quote a promise?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --