Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    well thats what i thought you might catch corona, not really be showing symptoms because your vaccinated but spready it to unvaccinated person.

and i dont think a child her age is eligble for vaccination so even had the mother been vaccinated she would of still passed it on to the child.

aka she shouldnt feel guilty
    Could not would.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It has to do with the technology that all 3 vaccines are based on. It is called mRNA which stands for modified Ribonucleic acid. It does not teach the immune system how to kill the virus with antibodies the way most true vaccines do. Instead it trains the immune system to attack and destroy a key protein that the virus uses to attack to individual cells. Until the virus has attacked enough cells, incubation period, the person remains asymptomatic. So whether you are vaccinated or not the only way to be absolutely sure you are not carrying the virus is to get tested every time you have been somewhere that you might get infected. Basically being vaccinated makes you a potential carrier for the virus.
    The J&J shot is NOT mRNA

ok, my thinking, vaccine is not something which will save us. Our hospitals are full of people which already get 2-3 shot. My mom get already 2 and she catch covid same as me. She is 62 year old. She was in bed for 3 days and after she jump and start to clean house. Imagine that(that was before vaccine).
    I was sick for 2 days and then I was ok, ready to work from home. So, I chose to do not take vaccine as my health is ok, my covid was same as flu and for my mom as well. She is old so she take vaccine.

We are 6mil nation and we have over 7k infection per day but, they see everything as covid. I broke my leg, they say it is covid. Something is wrong in this world.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drivee View Post
    Something is wrong in this world.
    +1

In 2004 the CDC released info that the flu vaccine was 10% effective, thirteen years later it was 39% effective, Covid turns up and within a short period we have a vaccine that is vastly more effective than the flu one ever was, but It's still a vaccine.
    The alchemists must have done overtime on this one.

Now we have people willingly recording short video of themselves as identification for the country's covid passport.

When it comes to covid the only difference between a conspiracy and a fact is about six months.
    Last edited by skynet; 09-15-2021 at 07:21 AM.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

When it comes to covid the difference between a conspiracy and a fact is DEATH!

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    When it comes to covid the difference between a conspiracy and a fact is DEATH!
    No one here gets out alive.

Five to One - YouTube
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

i dont want the un vaccinated to die. they are the people i love to have drunken conspiracy theory chats with at parties

After participating in this thread for far too long, I suppose I will have to agree to disagree.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

New Harvard Study: Nearly Half Of 2021 COVID Hospitalizations Weren’t For Severe Cases

A newly released study has found that nearly half of those hospitalized for COVID-19 in 2021 had been admitted for another reason entirely, or were mild or asymptomatic for the respiratory virus.

Conducted by a team of researchers from Harvard Medical School, Tufts Medical Center, and the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, the analysis examined electronic records for nearly 50,000 COVID hospital admissions at more than 100 VA hospitals across the country.
    “The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent,” the report read. “From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.”

“As we look to shift from cases to hospitalizations as a metric to drive policy and assess level of risk to a community or state or country, we should refine the definition of hospitalization,” she said. “Those patients who are there with rather than from COVID don’t belong in the metric.”
    Omertà

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    New Harvard Study: Nearly Half Of 2021 COVID Hospitalizations Weren’t For Severe Cases

A newly released study has found that nearly half of those hospitalized for COVID-19 in 2021 had been admitted for another reason entirely, or were mild or asymptomatic for the respiratory virus.

Conducted by a team of researchers from Harvard Medical School, Tufts Medical Center, and the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, the analysis examined electronic records for nearly 50,000 COVID hospital admissions at more than 100 VA hospitals across the country.
    “The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent,” the report read. “From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.”

“As we look to shift from cases to hospitalizations as a metric to drive policy and assess level of risk to a community or state or country, we should refine the definition of hospitalization,” she said. “Those patients who are there with rather than from COVID don’t belong in the metric.”
    ... regardless of how patients get to COVID Emergency wards, they have to be treated and use often scarce medical resources. Patients who do not get vaccinated risk both long term COVID and harsh insurance premiums. It is just not worth it not to get vaccinated over some obsolete political belief.