Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Understanding seems to be a HUGE problem for U

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I was told it it was NOT forcing if the government gave a U.S. citizen a choice. Example: Get the vaccine or get fired from your job.

Here's a choice for an illegal immigrant: Get the vaccine or get deported.

All I'm asking is do liberals support this choice for illegal immigrants but I've yet to get an answer. It's strange because yall were very clear when it came to the mandate for a U.S. citizen.
    Here is an excerpt from the Rueters article on vaccine requirements for immigrants.

People applying to immigrate to the U.S. will have to show they've been vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of a required medical exam, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services says. The new policy takes effect on Oct. 1.

The requirement includes an exception for children who are too young to receive the vaccine as well as for people with medical conditions that rule them out for the shot. It also outlines a waiver process for people who refuse to be vaccinated due to religious and other reasons.

The COVID-19 shot joins a list of well-established vaccines required by the U.S., from hepatitis A to polio and varicella (chickenpox), according to a policy update issued by USCIS.

"If the applicant has not received any of the listed vaccinations and the vaccinations are age appropriate and medically appropriate, the applicant has a Class A condition and is inadmissible," the USCIS said. The agency is part of the Department of Homeland Security.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said last month that because its advisory committee has recommended COVID-19 vaccination for all Americans eligible to receive it, the vaccine should be required for immigration applicants as well. The new policy stems from that announcement, USCIS said

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I was told it it was NOT forcing if the government gave a U.S. citizen a choice. Example: Get the vaccine or get fired from your job.

Here's a choice for an illegal immigrant: Get the vaccine or get deported.

All I'm asking is do liberals support this choice for illegal immigrants but I've yet to get an answer. It's strange because yall were very clear when it came to the mandate for a U.S. citizen.
    A US citizen has a choice. Get the vaccine or lose your job under new OSHA guidelines.

An illegal immigrant is not a US citizen. Should they decline to get vaccinated chances are they will be deported aka a soft unofficial mandate.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Here is an excerpt from the Rueters article on vaccine requirements for immigrants.

People applying to immigrate to the U.S. will have to show they've been vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of a required medical exam, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services says. The new policy takes effect on Oct. 1.

And what happens if they refuse to get vaccinated? Do they get deported and do you support them getting deported if they refuse the vaccine?
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

And what happens if they refuse to get vaccinated? Do they get deported and do you support them getting deported if they refuse the vaccine?
    I've said many times that people are not free from the consequences of their choices. So if deportation is one of the consequences then so be it.

I got a call this morning from my step-daughter in Texas. She informed me that her ex-husband just died from Covid. I knew him very well...even though I haven't talked to him in a few years. They had 2-kids together and they're going through a hard time.

Not only that, she told me that she had covid as does the rest of the family. They seem to be doing alright thus far.

I asked her if her ex husband was vaccinated and she said no. He's dead now. Could have been prevented.

I then asked her if she or her family was vaccinated. She said no. I asked her why and here's what she said: "I don't trust the government or this vaccine."

I immediately had a very long talk with her and told her that while it's her decision that I think it's a foolish choice. I went over all the data with her. I didn't want to sound like a jerk but I asked her to seriously consider getting the shot and she said that she would.

Before we hung up she said that after she came down with covid that she was already considering the vaccine but she was scared.

DeSantis flirts with the anti-vaccine crowd
    By MARC CAPUTO and GARY FINEOUT 09/15/2021 05:06 PM EDT
    MIAMI — Ron DeSantis isn't anti-vaccine. But he has started standing shoulder-to-shoulder with those who are.

The Florida governor’s clear and unadulterated public messaging about the need for vaccines has become more diluted in recent months, culminating with a press conference he held this week to bash President Joe Biden’s new vaccine mandate plan — and threaten to fine cities and counties that impose their own mandates.

The event in the small Florida town of Newberry featured two anti-vaccine workers, one of whom falsely claimed he wouldn’t get a shot because it “changes your RNA.” DeSantis at the time said nothing about the misinformation, a standard anti-vaccine talking point, and subsequently refused to say why he didn’t correct the falsehood.

“I don't even remember him saying that, so it's not anything I've said,” DeSantis said Tuesday at a press conference when asked about the remarks made the day before. DeSantis then went on to discuss the benefits of vaccinations.

Another speaker DeSantis invited suggested that vaccines were deadly without mentioning how rare that is or how far more unvaccinated people die of Covid. "My body, my choice,” she said, adopting the slogan of abortion rights advocates.

The inclusion of anti-vaccine misinformation at a DeSantis press conference marks a major departure from the stronger and more direct case he made for vaccines earlier in the year. The shift by the Republican governor — considered a leading contender for the 2024 presidential primary — coincides with more vocal anti-vaccine voices in the GOP, who went so far as to boo former President Donald Trump for telling people in Alabama to “take the vaccines.”

Biden’s sweeping push to require inoculations for 100 million Americans has given a pathway for mainstream GOP leaders to build support with the anti-vaccine crowd — while still broadly supporting vaccines. Other Republican governors, even in states where vaccine mandates have been employed, were similarly quick to push back on Biden’s plans.

DeSantis has been drifting in that direction for months. As the pace of vaccinations slowed both in Florida and across the nation, and as the most devastating Covid wave to hit Florida started to swamp the state over the summer, DeSantis’ comments about the need for more shots became more nuanced. That took a back seat to his promotion of monoclonal antibody treatments like Regeneron, which he started in earnest in mid-August as the state was breaking records for new infections and hospitalizations.

Wearing a mask is a paranoid tool.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

If this was Canada, like many other nations, they would not be allowed into the country and deported without proof of vaccination.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Wearing a mask is a paranoid tool.
    Well, actually, the people who believe masks are stealing their freedom or ineffective are "paranoid tools". Hahaha