Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... COVID-19D is like climate change. You have to eventually do something or else you could end up dead much sooner than you expected.

COVID-19(?) will be with us for more than five years, 10-20 years globally, for sure.

It is your life, your risk, your risk of infecting your loved ones. Your guilt of infecting a stranger or a stranger infecting you.

Where I live in Nova Scotia, with a daily new infections of less than 5-10, you cannot enter any place of business without a mask. Nobody complains, it is just the way it is.

Mask wearing is not even a topic in the current Canadian Federal gov't election ending this week.

I early voted in 10 minutes with a personal ID card. I forgot to bring my Voter ID card.
    I've been comparing Covid with global warming too, but only in how both are being used to control the population, grow government and take away freedoms. There are some that are fine with that, but for others like myself, we use common sense to guide our decisions - not the government. We see their actions more as holding on to power than an attempt to better the country. This is evident by the ever changing CDC guidelines, going from global warming to climate change etc. There is no end to this shit. Once they have the power they will do whatever they can to keep it. It's up to the individual to do what is best for themselves, because to the government your just a taxpayer.

Also, isn't it racist to have to show an ID card to vote?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post

Liberals prefer to avoid that conversation. The big lie.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I've been comparing Covid with global warming too, but only in how both are being used to control the population, grow government and take away freedoms. There are some that are fine with that, but for others like myself, we use common sense to guide our decisions - not the government. We see their actions more as holding on to power than an attempt to better the country. This is evident by the ever changing CDC guidelines, going from global warming to climate change etc. There is no end to this shit. Once they have the power they will do whatever they can to keep it. It's up to the individual to do what is best for themselves, because to the government your just a taxpayer.

... not in Canada. we are not as trapped by the media into believing nonsense.

As far as the rest, you seem to be suffering from a bunker mindset that anything the gov't does is somehow a secret plot to take away a freedom.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

... not in Canada. we are not as trapped by the media into believing nonsense.

As far as the rest, you seem to be suffering from a bunker mindset that anything the gov't does is somehow a secret plot to take away a freedom.
    It's more about questioning authority than a bunker mentality.

Taking away freedoms is kind of like something that slowly goes up in price. Eventually you're like holy crap this is getting expensive and you start questioning why? Why can't I do X anymore without having to do Y first. Will I ever be able to X again without some red tape variable first. The math starts to get complicated and this raises the price of freedom. Eventually freedom becomes so expensive that you're not truly free anymore.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

It's more about questioning authority than a bunker mentality.

Taking away freedoms is kind of like something that slowly goes up in price. Eventually you're like holy crap this is getting expensive and you start questioning why? Why can't I do X anymore without having to do Y first. Will I ever be able to X again without some red tape variable first. The math starts to get complicated and this raises the price of freedom. Eventually freedom becomes so expensive that you're not truly free anymore.
    ... the USA is one of the most least restrictive countries in the world regarding personal freedoms. You have little to complain about.

... and no, I do not think something as simple as wearing a mask when you go shopping in public nor getting a life saving vaccine in the interest of public safety is impairing your personal freedoms.

... the USA is one of the most least restrictive countries in the world regarding personal freedoms. You have little to complain about.

... and no, I do not think something as simple as wearing a mask when you go shopping in public nor getting a life saving vaccine in the interest of public safety is impairing your personal freedoms.

Give me an example of something that you consider to infringe on our constitutional freedoms? Thank you.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Show me your papers old man

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Give me an example of something that you consider to infringe on our constitutional freedoms? Thank you.
    Not living in the USA... he doesn't understand our rights

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Did you see who the Rep that was second choice? Quite the whack job. There must be a lot of sane people in California

Kevin L. Faulconer mayor of San Diego since 2014. Looks like that makes you the whack job.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

... the USA is one of the most least restrictive countries in the world regarding personal freedoms.
    Wait a minute, which is it, most or least? You're starting to sound like you're losing your mind.