Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

FDA panel endorses Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine booster for people 65 and older, high-risk patients

The vote will now go before the FDA to issue a final decision

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Calm down. I didn't ask for you to throw a temper tantrum. I was actually curious for you to give a real example of infringing on our rights.

For instance, would banning all guns be infringing on our rights?

Way to stay on topic I was actually curious

Breaking News

Mississippi has surpassed New Jersey as the state with the highest rate of COVID-19 deaths in the U.S., with roughly 1 of every 320 Mississippians having succumbed to the coronavirus.

The state’s top health official said Thursday that the numbers of new virus cases are still “far more than we’d like to see,” and warned that more deaths will follow.

“We’re recording well over 2,500 (cases) a day, in recent days, far more than we’d like to see,” said State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs. “A lot of that’s going to translate into the tragedy.”

Mississippi says Covid-19 deaths in pregnant women are rising -- and it's pleading with them to get vaccinated
    By Jason Hanna, CNN
    Updated 8:44 PM EDT, Fri September 17, 2021

(CNN)At least eight pregnant Mississippi women have died of Covid-19 since late July -- none of them fully vaccinated -- officials said, more than doubling the state's pandemic total in just two months and spurring medical leaders to give this message:

We've long known Covid-19 puts pregnant women at greater risk for severe disease. And with the highly contagious Delta variant spiking case counts, expectant mothers need to know the vaccine is recommended for them.

"Please get vaccinated," Dr. Thomas Dobbs, the state's medical officer, said at one of two news conferences this month that addressed the topic. "You've got to protect yourself; you've got to protect your baby."

Yep Florida Gov Dipshit

State virus deaths climb

Florida has another record week as COVID claims another 2,468 people.

BY IAN HODGSON AND CHRISTOPHER O’DONNELL

Times Staff Writers

Florida surpassed 51,000 COVID-related deaths this week.

The state hit a new high with 2,468 fatalities added this week as the delta variant continues to drive the deadliest phase yet of the 18-month pandemic. Due to delays in processing death records, many of the newly reported deaths occurred days or weeks ago.

If Florida were its own country, its 51,240 fatalities would rank 20th in the world, exceeding Chile’s 37,293 deaths. The Sunshine State now has 3.5 million infections — almost as many as Mexico, which has nearly six times the population.

“I think it’s been a really tough year and a half,” said Gov. Ron DeSantis when a reporter asked him about Florida passing the 50,000 mark at a Thursday news conference in Fort Lauderdale.

University of South Florida epidemiologist Jason Salemi said the number of COVID-19 deaths is striking given the

availability of a vaccine that has proven highly effective at preventing hospitalizations and death.

Florida’s high proportion of elderly residents, the age group most vulnerable to the virus, has undoubtedly contributed to the state’s death toll, he said. The high number of unvaccinated residents also has proved deadly.

The state distributed just over 335,000 doses of vaccine this week, a 27 percent drop in just two weeks and the lowest vaccination numbers since early August.

Now 70 percent of residents aged 12 and up are at least partially vaccinated as the Sunshine State crawled over the benchmark the Biden administration hoped the nation’s adults would reach on July 4, more than two months ago.

“A large proportion of these deaths were preventable if we were able to get more people vaccinated and bear down on those mitigating strategies,” Salemi said. “That’s what’s really, really sad.”

Mississippi has surpassed New Jersey as the state with the highest rate of COVID-19 deaths in the U.S., with roughly 1 of every 320 Mississippians having succumbed to the coronavirus.

The state’s top health official said Thursday that the numbers of new virus cases are still “far more than we’d like to see,” and warned that more deaths will follow.

Let that sink in Mr No Mask

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Calm down. I didn't ask for you to throw a temper tantrum. I was actually curious for you to give a real example of infringing on our rights.

For instance, would banning all guns be infringing on our rights?
    ... nobody is talking about banning all guns.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... nobody is talking about banning all guns.

I know that. It was a hypothetical question.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Bill Maher understands that democrats are playing the voters for idiots.

Maher on Met Gala: Making Just the Servers Wear Masks Is ‘Not Liberal’ – Do Germs ‘Know Who the Good People Are?’

On Friday’s broadcast of HBO’s “Real Time,” host Bill Maher reacted to pictures of the Met Gala showing servers at the event wearing masks but not the attendees by saying that doing so is “not liberal” and wondered, “do the germs know who the good people are?”
    Maher said, “I was looking at the pictures from the Met Gala…I noticed something that I’ve seen, having been out at a few parties since the pandemic began, and that is, the people going to the party don’t wear masks. But the servers wear masks. … I mean, that just — there’s something about this that’s not liberal to me. I mean, these are the liberal swells of the world, and — but if we’re all vaccinated and — do the germs know who the good people are? It just seems a little wrong.”
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Bill Maher understands that democrats are playing the voters for idiots.
    Hmmm. Bill Maher also said this

Bill Maher says that Republicans will do anything to stay in power
    Bill Maher didn’t waste any time calling out the GOP for what he sees as false patriotism. Instead, the Real Time host argues that Republican members of Congress care more about the paycheck, prestige, and power that comes with being an elected official.

But that’s not much of an accomplishment, says Maher. Instead, he suggests that it’s a job that requires no specific talent or ability. The job security, perks, and influence that come with being in Congress don’t seem to match up with the relatively low bar regarding the job requirements.
    So the easiest way to hold on to the job? Align with Donald Trump and keep his base happy. That’s Maher’s theory on why so many Republicans continue to push the “Big Lie” and play along with other conspiracy theories.