Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Since it kills more people than COVID19, should the CDC and other health agencies be concentrating a lot more effort on Cancer than they are on COVID19 to find a vaccine for it? With many forms of cancer it is 100% fatal. COVID19 is over 99% survivable.

I'm pretty sure there is already A LOT of money spent on cancer research.
    And it's incredibly unlikely I will catch cancer in a crowded room, so your comparison is ridiculous.

NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar calls for unvaccinated players to be removed from teams

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar calls for unvaccinated players to be removed from teams

I'm a huge sports fan and I've followed this story. Covid is turning racial and the NBA is trying to walk a fine line. Again, black people are the least vaccinated race in the country and these mandates are gonna hit their community hard.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor Jr. I might listen to, but when he became a Black Muslim and gave up the name his parents gave he lost all respect IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I'm a huge sports fan and I've followed this story. Covid is turning racial and the NBA is trying to walk a fine line. Again, black people are the least vaccinated race in the country and these mandates are gonna hit their community hard.
    Only YOU would think it's racial.
    PS white guys play basketball too

Again Covid19 doesn't care if your black or white or brown

Get the FREE Vaccine
    Last edited by bsm2; 09-28-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor Jr. I might listen to, but when he became a Black Muslim and gave up the name his parents gave he lost all respect IMHO.
    How do you feel about John Wayne?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Unvaccinated Americans Blame Everyone But Themselves—Children, Vaccines And Not Wearing Masks—For Covid Surge, Poll Finds

While most Americans blame vaccine holdouts for surging coronavirus cases, rationed medicines and overwhelmed hospitals, few unvaccinated people feel any responsibility, according to new polling by the Kaiser Family Foundation, underscoring the tough barriers officials must overcome as they seemingly hold anyone and anything other than themselves responsible for the dire outbreak.

Nearly 8 in 10 (77%) vaccinated Americans blame the high number of Covid-19 cases on people refusing to get vaccinated, according to the poll conducted September 13-22 among 1,519 U.S. adults.

Vaccinated adults also pinpointed people not taking enough precautions like mask wearing and social distancing (73%), the infectiousness of the delta variant (67%), and local and state governments lifting restrictions too soon (59%) as key reasons for the rise in cases, the poll found.

Just 12% of unvaccinated adults believe people refusing the vaccine is a major factor behind the high case numbers, the poll found, with the majority (58%) thinking the surge is driven by vaccines being less effective at preventing the spread of Covid-19 than scientists initially thought.

Unvaccinated people even cited vaccine holdouts last among all reasons driving the high case numbers polled by Kaiser, including children who aren’t eligible for vaccination (15%), governments lifting restrictions too soon (27%), the infectiousness of the delta variant (35%), people not taking enough precautions (37%) and immigrants and tourists bringing Covid-19 into the country (40%).

Divergent beliefs in what is driving the wave of coronavirus highlight the wider differences in opinion between the vaccinated and unvaccinated, with a majority of holdouts thinking that breakthrough infections (66%) and the potential need for booster shots (71%) show the vaccines don’t work.

Just 11% of vaccinated people thought breakthrough cases indicate the vaccines aren’t working, Kaiser found, and 19% thought the same of booster shots.

SURPRISING FACT

Despite 77% of vaccinated people holding the unvaccinated responsible for the rise in cases, just over half (51%) said they were angry with them. Unsurprisingly, only 3% of the unvaccinated said they were angry with people who hadn’t gotten a Covid-19 vaccine. As with other opinions on vaccination, the anger is partisan: 65% of Democrats said they were angry with the unvaccinated, while just 16% of Republicans felt the same. Instead, a majority of Republicans (59%) and the unvaccinated (56%) said they were angry with the federal government for the state of the pandemic, compared to 30% of the unvaccinated and 20% of Democrats.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Unvaccinated Americans Blame Everyone But Themselves—Children, Vaccines And Not Wearing Masks—For Covid Surge, Poll Finds

While most Americans blame vaccine holdouts for surging coronavirus cases, rationed medicines and overwhelmed hospitals, few unvaccinated people feel any responsibility, according to new polling by the Kaiser Family Foundation, underscoring the tough barriers officials must overcome as they seemingly hold anyone and anything other than themselves responsible for the dire outbreak.

Nearly 8 in 10 (77%) vaccinated Americans blame the high number of Covid-19 cases on people refusing to get vaccinated, according to the poll conducted September 13-22 among 1,519 U.S. adults.

Vaccinated adults also pinpointed people not taking enough precautions like mask wearing and social distancing (73%), the infectiousness of the delta variant (67%), and local and state governments lifting restrictions too soon (59%) as key reasons for the rise in cases, the poll found.

Just 12% of unvaccinated adults believe people refusing the vaccine is a major factor behind the high case numbers, the poll found, with the majority (58%) thinking the surge is driven by vaccines being less effective at preventing the spread of Covid-19 than scientists initially thought.

Unvaccinated people even cited vaccine holdouts last among all reasons driving the high case numbers polled by Kaiser, including children who aren’t eligible for vaccination (15%), governments lifting restrictions too soon (27%), the infectiousness of the delta variant (35%), people not taking enough precautions (37%) and immigrants and tourists bringing Covid-19 into the country (40%).

Divergent beliefs in what is driving the wave of coronavirus highlight the wider differences in opinion between the vaccinated and unvaccinated, with a majority of holdouts thinking that breakthrough infections (66%) and the potential need for booster shots (71%) show the vaccines don’t work.

Just 11% of vaccinated people thought breakthrough cases indicate the vaccines aren’t working, Kaiser found, and 19% thought the same of booster shots.

SURPRISING FACT

Despite 77% of vaccinated people holding the unvaccinated responsible for the rise in cases, just over half (51%) said they were angry with them. Unsurprisingly, only 3% of the unvaccinated said they were angry with people who hadn’t gotten a Covid-19 vaccine. As with other opinions on vaccination, the anger is partisan: 65% of Democrats said they were angry with the unvaccinated, while just 16% of Republicans felt the same. Instead, a majority of Republicans (59%) and the unvaccinated (56%) said they were angry with the federal government for the state of the pandemic, compared to 30% of the unvaccinated and 20% of Democrats.

No we don't but Biden blames us and Trump for everything HE fucks up.
    I don't blame myself for anything, I follow the sensible guidelines laid out to us.
    That doesn't include shots nor masks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    No we don't but Biden blames us and Trump for everything HE fucks up.
    I don't blame myself for anything, I follow the sensible guidelines laid out to us.
    That doesn't include shots nor masks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    ... another Phil B classic dumb post!

Unvaccinated Americans Blame Everyone But Themselves

I follow the sensible guidelines laid out to us.

That's the CDC masks and get the Vaccine