Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Fox News hosts deride vaccine mandates while complying with strict Covid policy

When Biden set forth a plan requiring companies with 100 or more employees to ensure their workers are fully vaccinated or show a negative COVID test at least once a week, he noted that “some of the biggest companies are already requiring this — United Airlines, Disney, Tyson Foods and even Fox News.”

Yet Kevin Lord, executive vice president of human resources at Fox News parent Fox Corp., said in a memo this week the company will be requiring all unvaccinated employees to be tested each day — not just once a week — in order to work in company facilities. The policy was first reported by CNN.

Fox last month required employees to report evidence of their status, and Lord said more than 90% of full-time employees have been fully vaccinated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

• Copier Whisperer

Geezer TechJoin DateFeb 2009 Evansville

Re: losing Job because of Covid mandates?

I lost my job, not because of the mandates, but the drop in service calls due to COVID. I worked a 1.5 man territory and begged for help for a year. I ended up with COVID and was hospitalized for a week. I had a very long recovery of 12 weeks due to lung damage. During that time, the company hired a guy as a second technician. I came back to work and we both were very busy for about a month. Then, the calls stopped coming in. Customers were working from home. I was doing only 3 calls a WEEK and catching up on training in between. After two months of that, the company decided to let me go but kept the new guy. I am actually slightly relieved because I am still having breathing problems a year after my hospitalization. So, COVID killed my job.

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislike

+ Reply to Thread
    Quick Navigation Employment Top

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

As Covid fears in C-suite stay high, most big companies ‘totally support’ Biden vaccine mandate: CNBC survey

• Covid-19 is viewed as the biggest external risk factor that businesses face, according to the CNBC Global CFO Council survey for the fourth quarter of 2021.
    • Support for President Joe Biden’s vaccine mandate is also high among the U.S. CFOs polled.
    • Asia-based CFOs are the most concerned about Covid, while supply chain disruptions and labor market irregularities are some of the other topics worrying CFOs around the world.

Companies from CVS Health to Tyson Foods to Walmart have adopted vaccine mandates for workers, a reflection of the fact that many C-suite executives still fear how any further Covid outbreaks could impact business.

Chief financial officers view a Covid-19 outbreak as the biggest external risk factor that their businesses face, according to the CNBC Global CFO Council survey for the fourth quarter of 2021.

It is the second straight quarter in which Covid-19 was ranked as the biggest external risk factor by members of the CNBC Global CFO Council, who represent some of the largest public and private companies in the world. The fourth-quarter survey was conducted from September 20-29 and includes responses from 35 members of the Council.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Remember folks:
    Every commercial that begins with, "You may be entitled to financial compensation", refers to something the FDA approved!
    Omertà

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Remember folks:
    Every commercial that begins with, "You may be entitled to financial compensation", refers to something the FDA approved!

Remember folks.
    Millions of people are alive today because of other vaccines and medicines approved by the FDA.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Remember folks.
    Millions of people are alive today because of other vaccines and medicines approved by the FDA.
    But Biden has surpassed the deaths under the Trump admin..but he ASSURED us under him the deaths would go down.
    " if you like your healthcare plan or your doctor you can keep them.
    More lies from babbling dementia joe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    But Biden has surpassed the deaths under the Trump admin..but he ASSURED us under him the deaths would go down.

No one predicted the Morons

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

Even Biden, as smart as he is, didn't think people would risk their own lives just to prove a political point. At some point these people have to take responsibility for their own actions.