Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Latest on the Corona Virus

Re: Latest on the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    I cannot speak for the US media since I don't live there, but judging by your posts in this thread it's fairly similar = fearmongering, with stories like vaccines might not work against the new variant and other "mights" so long as it's pessimistic. So long as the media carries on like this, some people may have covid fears for the foreseeable future.
    I dont know if it is true or not but I read a article that said no one in the world has died from this new variant.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I dont know if it is true or not but I read a article that said no one in the world has died from this new variant.
    ... this appears to be true although symptoms and treatment can be very unpleasant. Intense global medical analysis is underway.

... meanwhile the COVID-19D variant infects 100,000 people per day and kills 1,000 more everyday, day after day in the USA. Grade school, young, middle age, older & healthy people are all at risk.

... 2.2M US citizens rushed to get either their first vaccine shot or their booster shots yesterday. The highest since April 2021.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

On the campaign trail last year, Joe Biden promised that if elected president, he would get COVID-19 under control. Since assuming office in January, he has continued to pledge that his administration allow life to return to some semblance of normal.

When does it start?

5 states have now reported confirmed cases of the omicron variant

At least nine cases of the omicron variant have now been identified in five states across the U.S.

On Thursday, health officials in Colorado, Hawaii, Minnesota and New York all reported new cases of the highly mutated strain of the coronavirus, one day after the first domestic case of the variant was discovered in California.

Hawaii became the fifth state in the nation to report a case of the variant, shortly after officials in New York announced that they had identified five confirmed cases in the state.

According to Hawaii health officials, the individual is a resident from O'ahu with moderate symptoms. They had previously been infected with COVID-19 and was reported to have been unvaccinated.

The individual is currently isolated at home and has not been hospitalized, State Epidemiologist Dr. Sarah Kemble said. The individual did not have any history of traveling.

"This isn't reason for panic, but it is reason for concern. It's a reminder the pandemic is ongoing. We need to protect ourselves by getting vaccinated, wearing masks, distancing as best we can and avoiding large crowds," said Health Director Dr. Elizabeth Char in a release.

Growth is found only in adversity.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I'm so thankful that I don't live in a liberal controlled state. Or worse yet, Canada. I like my freedom too much.

Okay, this is kinda idiotic. So it's slap down time!!!!! Hahahaha
    Are you trying to convince people that Rep states are the only places in the world that have freedom?? Super idiotic Willy

There are MANY countries in the world that have freedom. Stop thinking you are somehow special.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Okay, this is kinda idiotic. So it's slap down time!!!!! Hahahaha
    Are you trying to convince people that Rep states are the only places in the world that have freedom?? Super idiotic Willy

There are MANY countries in the world that have freedom. Stop thinking you are somehow special.

Your definition of freedom is vastly different from mine.

I dream of a world where a comedian can tell an offensive joke without being fined. I dream of a world where I'm not forced to wear a mask. Live free or die!!!

PS - Every time that you promise to slap me down, I think you're about to say something witty or clever but you always let me down.
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 12-03-2021 at 10:47 PM.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

... as it should be. This highly paid player actually tried to pass a fake vaccine immunization record card.

The NFL simply cannot take the liability risk with 1,000's of players in close contact, sweating and hitting each other, interacting with the public.

Multiple lawsuits just waiting to happen.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Your definition of freedom is vastly different from mine.

I dream of a world where a comedian can tell an offensive joke without being fined. I dream of a world where I'm not forced to wear a mask. Live free or die!!!

PS - Every time that you promise to slap me down, I think you're about to say something witty or clever but you always let me down.
    Every time I give you a chance to say something intelligent you let us all down by saying something idiotic. I should be used to it by now, but it's still a little disappointing every time it happens.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Good deal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk