Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: i have a small issue

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    a user comes here.. doesn't really explain what's going on, several tried to help. MOST times the assembly doesn't list INDIVIDUAL part numbers, and WILL NOT LIST the part # of the connector AT ALL!

the to BASH techs trying to help out is TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR.

He already had one RED CARD thrown against him... he just might have a bigger collection of them before this is all said and done.

We all have times when we don't: fully read OP's (and you Sir admitted it) or can't understand because the OP didn't express his problem properly. But for a user to bash you like he did ( he's been here since 2010 ) and with 162 posts NO REP POWER and has already acquired
    RED CARDS INDICATES (to me at least) he isn't willing to help others, and just is a leech of information.

and no IMHO he isn't able to research on his own.

and why the HELL is this thread located in " Rants n Raves " and NOT in the PARTS Room?
    I wasnt asking for a part, i was asking to identify a connector, the one slimslob was close, but ive looked at those, i thank him for trying. I have nothing but respect for you guys. sorry if you took my post as an aggressive post, far from it.
    I have nothing but the upmost respect for you guys, who help people. Sorry if you read my post as a SLAM!!

but i did look thru the internet a different pictures. nothing came close, its looks like a molex connector but one side exposes wire, i was trying to make a point.
    I am not looking for a part, just some direction on what tool is used. or at least the name of it.
    Also, I have not been here since 2010, more like 2014. I have been a copier tech for only 5 years.

Again, my Apologies on any feelings that been hurt!.

Arcadian

Kudos to all.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    i have a small issue

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    Also, I have not been here since 2010, more like 2014. I have been a copier tech for only 5 years.
    You may only been actively servicing copiers for 5 years but your profile shows your join date to be 02-24-2010. That date is based on the system date at the time when the system created the account. So either you joined that date or someone else joined on that date and you are using that person's account. As for the connector, try looking for a manufacturer's name on the larger black connector. I used Molex because I know that Ricoh uses a lot of Molex connectors.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Cool Re: i have a small issue

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You may only been actively servicing copiers for 5 years but your profile shows your join date to be 02-24-2010. That date is based on the system date at the time when the system created the account. So either you joined that date or someone else joined on that date and you are using that person's account. As for the connector, try looking for a manufacturer's name on the larger black connector. I used Molex because I know that Ricoh uses a lot of Molex connectors.

well there was an issue with my account, the my private mail was full, for some reason after a few months ive join. its could be that why, and im not using someone else account. its mine and solely mine. well this part belong to hp, and im servicing a konica 1051. one of the connector broke, the wire came loose, i guess it broke when pushing the adu back into the machine. i was wondering if i can just change the connector instead of swapping the whole harness, which requires lots of part being moved. ill just keep looking, thanks for the tips and directions.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    i have a small issue

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    well there was an issue with my account, the my private mail was full, for some reason after a few months ive join. its could be that why, and im not using someone else account. its mine and solely mine. well this part belong to hp, and im servicing a konica 1051. one of the connector broke, the wire came loose, i guess it broke when pushing the adu back into the machine. i was wondering if i can just change the connector instead of swapping the whole harness, which requires lots of part being moved. ill just keep looking, thanks for the tips and directions.
    Replace the harness. Otherwise you will be asking for trouble.