Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Removing politics from this forum

Re: Removing politics from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    No this is a forum called Rants, Raves and Everything Else in a portion of the website called Called Non-Technical Forums. If you lack the intelligence to understand that, maybe you need to call the nice young men in their clean white coats to come take you away. Any thread you do not like, you do not have to read. Any member you do not like, you can put on you ignore list.

As for those who claim do not contribute on the copier side, I see you have been here for almost 15 years yet only have a little over 2000 post and only a 75 reputation power. I have only been here less than half that time yet have over 10,000 posts and a 248 Reputation Power. I have probably helped more people in the nearly 3 years since I officially retired than you have since you joined.
    Hear Hear

+1

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

[QUOTE=slimslob;1369273]No this is a forum called Rants, Raves and Everything Else in a portion of the website called Called Non-Technical Forums. If you lack the intelligence to understand that, maybe you need to call the nice young men in their clean white coats to come take you away. Any thread you do not like, you do not have to read. Any member you do not like, you can put on you ignore list.

As for those who claim do not contribute on the copier side, I see you have been here for almost 15 years yet only have a little over 2000 post and only a 75 reputation power. I have only been here less than half that time yet have over 10,000 posts and a 248 Reputation Power. I have probably helped more people in the nearly 3 years since I officially retired than you have since you joined.[/QUOTE

LOL, FYI I may have been a member here for 15 years but only started using this site perhaps 5 yrs ago when GREAT forums like Smarka, Techsconnected, etc shut down. This was the only one left. I hated this forum and avoided for the exact same reason as now. It never changed, it's worse. A "few" ASSHOLES who ruin it for everyone, think they are the best techs in the world. The dick heads who will inject politics into a copier thread! Who put in a bad reputation comments because they don't like your political comments. Plus I only reply to the posts I have a definite answer for. An issue I've had a few times before and found the solution for. Not to guess just to look like big man on campus! So get your facts straight. I had you blocked once and now had to do it again. It's the only way I can stay here. So this will be the last post I see of yours so have fun!

Like I said there are things in the works for a new site that will only have copier techs helping copier techs. Will also have an FTP site for manuals & firmware. Stay tuned. Oh by the way it will be passworded and all the ASSHOLES will be excluded or banned immediately.

PS, Sad to hear you spend your retirement on a forum. Hope I don't end up here when I retire! Put me in an old age home before this!
    Last edited by copyman; 03-18-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Wow, so much joy reading this thread until last few posts. At age of 44 I have tremendous respect for every one doing this job for more than 30 years OR basically whole their life.
    Also don't like politics, often read these things, but with no input. Some guys seems to be active in 'Rants, Raves and Everything Else' but I absolutely don't mind it whereas they also are actively helping in copier forums.

That said, I also must be ashamed from participating in 'Joke of the Day'
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Wow, so much joy reading this thread until last few posts. At age of 44 I have tremendous respect for every one doing this job for more than 30 years OR basically whole their life.
    Also don't like politics, often read these things, but with no input. Some guys seems to be active in 'Rants, Raves and Everything Else' but I absolutely don't mind it whereas they also are actively helping in copier forums.

as some has already mentioned " All work and no play makes PhilB a very dull man "

some (like me) have always enjoyed an active role in politics... ever since high school. But with my many other interests I am spending less time at it.

p.s. can't wait to wet the hook!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    snip...
    Blasphemy 😉
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Retired 10,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=copyman;1369406]
    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    No this is a forum called Rants, Raves and Everything Else in a portion of the website called Called Non-Technical Forums. If you lack the intelligence to understand that, maybe you need to call the nice young men in their clean white coats to come take you away. Any thread you do not like, you do not have to read. Any member you do not like, you can put on you ignore list.

As for those who claim do not contribute on the copier side, I see you have been here for almost 15 years yet only have a little over 2000 post and only a 75 reputation power. I have only been here less than half that time yet have over 10,000 posts and a 248 Reputation Power. I have probably helped more people in the nearly 3 years since I officially retired than you have since you joined.[/QUOTE

LOL, FYI I may have been a member here for 15 years but only started using this site perhaps 5 yrs ago when GREAT forums like Smarka, Techsconnected, etc shut down. This was the only one left. I hated this forum and avoided for the exact same reason as now. It never changed, it's worse. A few ASSHOLES who ruin it for everyone, think they are the best techs in the world. The dick heads who will inject politics into a copier thread! Who put in a bad reputation comments because they don't like your political comments. So get your facts straight. I had you blocked once and now had to do it again. It's the only way I can stay here. So this will be the last post I see of yours so have fun!

Like I said there are things in the works for a new site that will only have copier techs helping copier techs. Will also have an FTP site for manuals & firmware. Stay tuned. Oh by the way it will be passworded and all the ASSHOLES will be excluded or banned immediately.

PS, Sad to hear you spend your retirement on a forum. Hope I don't end up here when I retire! Put me in an old age home before this!
    You are one of the ASSHOLES. Don't bother replying because you just made my ignore list.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Blasphemy 😉
    Lol, good luck starting better thread
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I get my share of grief from my posts..I can live with it. Politics is in every aspect of our lives in the last 25 years or so, and getting more pervasive and dividing. Someone mentioned the Corona Virus and the economic condition was worth it if Trump wasn't re elected. You can't contribute to a cause, voice your opinions on your diet (vegan). buy a car ( stuck up Prius, or environmental hater Truck owner), go outside with any political slogans on your clothes, decorate your yard with flags, or religious icons, determine how to raise your children, or decide how not to have them and hundreds of other issues without someone calling you out for the political side of the fence you are on..We've brought it on ourselves, with "anonymous" social media users, ID masking user names, phones, email, ect. You may as well demand the rivers run backwards along with your posting request..My cable provider allows me to filter the channels I don't want to see..and I certainly can avoid typing the actual names of websites I don't want to visit..Would it be better to demand that the ISP and cable providers simply remove from everyone's view the stuff I don't like or find offensive..And BTW, if we upped our "I'm offended" line in the sand, it might help. E

Technician

I personally like the political banter being a political junky myself and its in its own place so don't really see the problem. PS if those other sites were so great why are they gone? or maybe some of the points being made are hitting a little to close to home for ya.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Copierstud View Post
    I personally like the political banter being a political junky myself and its in its own place so don't really see the problem. PS if those other sites were so great why are they gone? or maybe some of the points being made are hitting a little to close to home for ya.
    haha. It's so obvious CopierDUD Same person with a different name. Crawl out of your parents basement and GET A LIFE.....

This thread is dead as far as I'm concerned and time to move on. I won't be visiting it again. Too much time already wasted on nonsense. Now go back to fighting politics since you have nothing else to contribute to this forum. Probably not even techs. I've read some of the posts from these political hacks. They don't know their ass from a hole in the ground! Really bad "technicians". Feel sorry for the people who have these morons working on their machines!
    Last edited by copyman; 03-20-2020 at 05:24 AM.