Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Removing politics from this forum

Been in touch with the admin about banning ALL political talk from this forum. Told him other members and myself (all contributers) are going to leave if nothing is done. This is not the place for this crap, wheather it's posted under "rants, raves, etc". Hopefully soon all political talk will get deleted immediately and old political threads taken down!

Also looking at starting a technician ONLY passworded forum that will have live moderators. More on that to come.......

Re: Removing politics from this forum

Never before seen guys been at each other like this on this forum.
    Also been involved in this for the entertainment value.
    But it is cluttering the forum and it airs dirty laundry.
    Not everyone here comes from the US.

Sure would be better if it gets toned down or switched of if that's not possible.
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

How do you expect threads on Coronavirus and Global Warming to not get political? People view everything through a political spectrum these days. It's tribalism. You're better off just getting rid of all non-copier related sections.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

With 3.66M views, the "How crazy is Donald Trump" forum brings massive scale to CTN and hopefully $ to keep CTN in business.

A couple of copier techs clucking about stripped gears is not going to pay the bills.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Been in touch with the admin about banning ALL political talk from this forum. Told him other members and myself (all contributers) are going to leave if nothing is done. This is not the place for this crap, wheather it's posted under "rants, raves, etc". Hopefully soon all political talk will get deleted immediately and old political threads taken down!

Also looking at starting a technician ONLY passworded forum that will have live moderators. More on that to come.......
    Don't presume to speak for me. I am a contributor and I am not going anywhere. I don't give a rats ass if someone is talking politics on Rants and Raves, that's the "anything goes" forum. If you don't like a topic, you don't have to read it. Works for me.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Sorry Brother... why should you or any other user here decide WHAT we can talk about.? If Aneurysm didn't want a 'rant and rave' section then he wouldn't have created one. Rants n Raves is basically a 'no holds barred' situation... don't like it? switch the channel.

"Told him other members and myself (all contributers) are going to leave if nothing is done. " YOU don't speak for myself and I think most here feel the same as I... I'ma big boy I can speak for myself thank-you very much.

As for mods.... many of us have suggested there should be some. If and/or when Admin deems it necessary, I sure it will be announced by him.

Frankly I don't find that limits on speech set, just because you or a few others don't like certain threads, is correct or even warranted.

Not with you on this one.

This is a "copier forum" called "Copy Tech" Net. Number 1 priority is Techs helping Techs! If you enjoy fighting about politics there are plenty of other forums on the internet. GO THERE AND HAVE FUN FIGHTING POLITICS. STOP ruining this site!!! It's to a point someone hijacks a copier thread and injects politics. The people who keep stirring the pot are the people who have very little copier knowledge not to mention shallow lives.

The "few" people I'm talking about here that want to fight politics have nothing to contribute on the copier side. Go away!

I have been in touch privately with at least 10 other "Techs" who feel the same way as I do. So don't assume I'm talking for you! They also reached out to admin. Let's see how it shakes out.

By the way I have a feeling there are many here using different names to keep the pot boiling. Get a life!

This is a "copier forum" called "Copy Tech" Net. Number 1 priority is Techs helping Techs! If you enjoy fighting about politics there are plenty of other forums on the internet. GO THERE AND HAVE FUN FIGHTING POLITICS. STOP ruining this site!!! It's to a point someone hijacks a copier thread and injects politics.
    People should not inject politics into any thread apart from rants and raves.

Having a "everything else" section strengthens the forum as a whole because you find out others views, which you might not agree with but that's life.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

This is a "copier forum" called "Copy Tech" Net. Number 1 priority is Techs helping Techs! If you enjoy fighting about politics there are plenty of other forums on the internet. GO THERE AND HAVE FUN FIGHTING POLITICS. STOP ruining this site!!! It's to a point someone hijacks a copier thread and injects politics. The people who keep stirring the pot are the people who have very little copier knowledge not to mention shallow lives.

The "few" people I'm talking about here that want to fight politics have nothing to contribute on the copier side. Go away!

I have been in touch privately with at least 10 other "Techs" who feel the same way as I do. So don't assume I'm talking for you! They also reached out to admin. Let's see how it shakes out.

By the way I have a feeling there are many here using different names to keep the pot boiling. Get a life!

Simply because you don't like political discussions is no reason to try to dictate what others do inside an "anything goes" section. Yes this ultimately is a copier forum, but all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

No this is a forum called Rants, Raves and Everything Else in a portion of the website called Called Non-Technical Forums. If you lack the intelligence to understand that, maybe you need to call the nice young men in their clean white coats to come take you away. Any thread you do not like, you do not have to read. Any member you do not like, you can put on you ignore list.

As for those who claim do not contribute on the copier side, I see you have been here for almost 15 years yet only have a little over 2000 post and only a 75 reputation power. I have only been here less than half that time yet have over 10,000 posts and a 248 Reputation Power. I have probably helped more people in the nearly 3 years since I officially retired than you have since you joined.