Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Copier Sales People = SCUM

Re: Copier Sales People = SCUM

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    I don't see it as generating conflict but more of a observation that once the deal is done, the salesperson is off Scot free and the technician is who the customer sees and therefore voices their displeasure to!!! This is another reason why communication between technician & sales is critically important to avoid any missed details!!!...such as machine configuration options installed. Copier Sales People = SCUM

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Exactly my point. It falls back on the Techs. When I worked for the big companies can't tell you how many times I heard "well the salesman told us it could do that", etc etc.

And for any sales person that would sell a two person office an 80 ppm minute machine shame on them. I asked them how many pages per month they run and said 1-2 cases of 8.5x11. Asked them did you tell the salesperson that and said of course thats the first question they asked.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Exactly my point. It falls back on the Techs. When I worked for the big companies can't tell you how many times I heard "well the salesman told us it could do that", etc etc.

And for any sales person that would sell a two person office an 80 ppm minute machine shame on them. I asked them how many pages per month they run and said 1-2 cases of 8.5x11. Asked them did you tell the salesperson that and said of course thats the first question they asked.
    there is also a flip side of this...

what about the tech's that waste hours at a customer site, didn't research the problem one bit. Didn't bring parts.. left the unit down.. left screws out of it... doesn't return BUT hands them a bill for the "work" they didn't finish?

MORAL: there are SCUMBAGS in every field, it is NOT the TITLE of the position but rather the PERSON HIM/HER SELF.

GET THE FUCK OVER IT AND GET ON WITH YOUR SIDE OF THE FUNCTION!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

In our small office, everyone is allowed to make a sale if they want to. The beauty of this model is that the salesman is a also a salaried service tech who's not dependent on sales commission to survive. We cherry pick only the best models from the two lines we carry. If you're both a technician and a salesman, you're less likely to sell a POS machine that you're also going to have to personally service all the time. It may not work for every company, but having staff that can handle all aspects of this industry (sales, service, networking) really helps. Finding new business is the hardest thing to do, keeping the business really isn't that hard if you just take care of the customer - this is much easier to do when a technician is also doing the selling. Just my $0.02.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    In our small office, everyone is allowed to make a sale if they want to. The beauty of this model is that the salesman is a also a salaried service tech who's not dependent on sales commission to survive. We cherry pick only the best models from the two lines we carry. If you're both a technician and a salesman, you're less likely to sell a POS machine that you're also going to have to personally service all the time. It may not work for every company, but having staff that can handle all aspects of this industry (sales, service, networking) really helps. Finding new business is the hardest thing to do, keeping the business really isn't that hard if you just take care of the customer - this is much easier to do when a technician is also doing the selling. Just my $0.02.
    Excellent Business Model!!! A reliable product with excellent track record practically sells itself!!!Copier Sales People = SCUMCopier Sales People = SCUM...best thing, technicians can vouch for the reliability!!!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    Sounds great. Last boss told me the same thing. I sold 120 desktop printers, had another 100 setup for sale. Closed the made the contract.. he ok'd it...i delivered/setup all..
    Was promised 10% of profit.. didn't see squat. Dick told me he closed deal.. his signature wasn't on any paperwork. Customer got wind of what happened (not from me) He canceled the next delivery.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Excellent Business Model!!! A reliable product with excellent track record practically sells itself!!!Copier Sales People = SCUMCopier Sales People = SCUM...best thing, technicians can vouch for the reliability!!!

Most customers would rather hear our opinions than sales pitch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Too bad I can't read what the sales guy replied since he is blocked as well as a few others.
    Don't bullshit us. All you have to do is click "View Post" in order to see his post. You are exhibiting that you just might be the idiot that many think you are.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Apparently you don't understand the predatory nature of psychopathic sales folk??? Have you tried to buy a used car from a dealer recently??? Apparently you don't realize that some salespeople don't know how to properly qualify a customer for a purchase of a new/used machine, oversell & the customer is pi$$ed because they're paying more than they need or want to!!! It's the stupidity gap between selling someone the SMART Car they (really) need & selling them the Hummer H3 that the salesperson *THINKS* they need!!! TOTAL Turnoff IMHO!!!Copier Sales People = SCUM

Apparently you don't understand the predatory nature of psychopathic people like copyman.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

All boils down to "want" vs "need", which is done at the qualification stage of sales. If the salesperson WANTED to sell the customer that which they did NOT NEED, therein lies the dissatisfaction that the customer is now voicing!!! Catch my drift???Copier Sales People = SCUMCopier Sales People = SCUM

It is best case scenario to contact the existing leased machine customer a couple of months prior to the end of the existing lease. Any dealer that does not do that is doing his customer a great disservice. The leasing company is not going to alert the customer in advance. The lease company is not going to notify the customer in advance that the lease period is ending. They are going to contact the customer and say your lease has ended. We need the buyout amount in 30 days or we activate the automatic 1 year renewal clause.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I asked them how many pages per month they run and said 1-2 cases of 8.5x11. Asked them did you tell the salesperson that and said of course thats the first question they asked.
    You asked them that 5 years ago?