Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Copier Sales People = SCUM

Re: Copier Sales People = SCUM

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    My production guy sales guys are the ones that give me the biggest headaches..I have one that didn't bother to tell anyone this guy was producing documents 12x18, 2 sided 30% fill!!!This is 5 times the normal coverage..This guy has gone through 85 bottles of C6100 toner in around 140K color copies. That about 2 k per bottle at the normal click rate and 11x17 is one click. This isn't the 1st time and we have lost our asses on several accounts due to this, B&W production as well. He just gets his commission and F*** the rest of us..I'm responsible for supplies and parts.
    Why are you blaming the sales person?

It is clear that your employer's management either failed to properly review this deal before it was signed or was complicit in making a fast buck and worry about the consequences later.

... especially if this has happened multiple times at your place of business.

If this deal, was a current customer, that the sales person renewed a new lease on, the business from the Print Shop is probably a big piece of revenue for your place of business. Maybe management could not afford to lose this business revenue and decided it was better to take the hit in the Service Dept. Maybe Management was forced to take the deal due to competitive activity trying to take it away.

Everybody knows that you have to review Production copier deals like a hawk because the numbers can quickly grow very big in the wrong way.

The Print shop needs the copier to earn revenue so they are going to push the Service Contract to the very limit to maximize their profitability.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    My production guy sales guys are the ones that give me the biggest headaches..I have one that didn't bother to tell anyone this guy was producing documents 12x18, 2 sided 30% fill!!!This is 5 times the normal coverage..This guy has gone through 85 bottles of C6100 toner in around 140K color copies. That about 2 k per bottle at the normal click rate and 11x17 is one click. This isn't the 1st time and we have lost our asses on several accounts due to this, B&W production as well. He just gets his commission and F*** the rest of us..I'm responsible for supplies and parts.
    And why do you have any machine go out the door without setting it the double click Double Letter. Double Letter includes 12X18. When I was still working, my boss would have the ass of any tech who did not make that setting.

In addition to a high rate of toner consumption, I'll bet you are have waste toner fill up early. Like less than half what the spec is for it. That is where a lot of that excess used toner is going. Many of the settings in SP mode are defaulted for a machine that is running at the low end of the monthly print count. As a result, certain settings such as toner refresh are being run far more often than need to be in a machine being used at the upper limit. Change those settings to reduce the frequency that they run or even turn them off entirely. You can also reduce toner consumption by slightly reducing the toner concentration in the development units which will reduce the amount of toner placed on the drum. You then slightly increase the transfer current so that more toner is pulled from the drum to the ITB.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And why do you have any machine go out the door without setting it the double click Double Letter. Double Letter includes 12X18. When I was still working, my boss would have the ass of any tech who did not make that setting.

In addition to a high rate of toner consumption, I'll bet you are have waste toner fill up early. Like less than half what the spec is for it. That is where a lot of that excess used toner is going. Many of the settings in SP mode are defaulted for a machine that is running at the low end of the monthly print count. As a result, certain settings such as toner refresh are being run far more often than need to be in a machine being used at the upper limit. Change those settings to reduce the frequency that they run or even turn them off entirely. You can also reduce toner consumption by slightly reducing the toner concentration in the development units which will reduce the amount of toner placed on the drum. You then slightly increase the transfer current so that more toner is pulled from the drum to the ITB.
    In slow times we techs had to help the setup guys. He didn't mention it.. i hot my ASS chewed by the boss, but Kenny did step up and admit he didn't inform me... it was like my 4th working on Ricoh.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Do it like this if you want to cover your ass, bill at 30% coverage. Takes the print cost up noticeably. These print shops sell your click plus paper between 200% and 500% Depending on the volume they sell.
    So even at that they are making good money. So if the scum gets that right i guess they forgiven.

Best sales guy should always be the boss in the company. Worked for a great guy before that knew the business. Entire fleets out there that was populated buy only one guy and all the customers are chilled out.
    No stress were no one bitches and moans. Then he went and got a sales partner in. Now this guy too can really sell. And the base just grew. Also wont find them selling one machine at time most was five or more.
    There was a good couple o single machines out there. But all those where only friends and family connections.Funny thing here is because he was tall tailing them all of his customers found him sly.
    The experience with his customers was the opposite the machines also did not preform all that well because they were under spec for the job at hand. Try pushing 150K a month out of a B42.
    Its possible but not for 60 months. Those machines gave me gray hears.

This new associate pulled almost all the tricks in the book. Found him to be out of line.
    Keeping an eye on his paperwork and talking to customers made it clear he was selling fictional products.
    scum territory not scum of the earth type but scum none the less.
    Found it best if he was not around any more. When the mission was accomplished and he was packing his stuff.
    That included his base. The leashing was over and shit got real for him, needed staff it takes 7 in the company to tend for the business.
    At least he got 30 days notice and there he goes. He got his shit together and got his own dealership running. Makes money but not that fun.

Why on earth he asked me to work for him after all of that still confuses me til this day.
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

Because some asshat dealer decided to offer it to make the sale..now in production environments this is standard and if you have 11x17/12x18 2 clicks you will not make the sale..This is not standard for 95 % of my office machines, but in a few cases, this was a factor in getting the sale..yes, the customer absolutely rakes us over the coals with this...E