Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Copier Sales People = SCUM

New customer called and reminded me how pathetic copier sales people are. Their 5 yr lease is ending and were looking for someone else to service machine. It is a 2 person office that the A-Hole sold 80 ppm machine! They have been paying $400 per month for 5 years! And to top it off the heartless bastard gave them a fair market value lease! Now after paying 3 times what the copier was worth leasing company wants $4,000 to buy it out! Unbelievable for a human to do this to another human. Then they wonder why they are hated so much!

Oh yea one more thing, the salesman called a few months before lease was up and wanted to "slide" them into another lease, get this "he was going to give them a good deal" ONLY $375 per month this time!!! Takes some balls

Anyway Technician to the rescue, they are sending machine back and I will be selling them a machine for $2,500.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Copier Sales People = SCUM

If the first payment on the new lease has been cashed by the leasing company, typically, there is no "get out of jail free card" on the new lease regardless of any determined pledge by your customer to fight the leasing company.

Unless the customer has a Return Authorization # to send this copier back to, it will be refused at the destination. The customer will now be liable for two shipping charges on what sounds like a large, heavy A3 copier.

Until the lease is resolved with the leasing company, selling this new customer another copier compounds their difficulties. If Copyman sold them a $2,500.00 copier by his own definition, does that make him a Scum?

If it was not due to the hard work of many honest, professional copier sales people like myself, many copier techs would be looking for employment elsewhere.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 03-20-2020 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Added info

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Too bad I can't read what the sales guy replied since he is blocked as well as a few others. Sorry if you are one of those scumbags! It wasn't directed to you but if the shoe fits....

And just to be clear I have met a few good and honest sales people over the years. So it's not all of them.

Again to the assholes who want to give me bad reputation comments because I hit a nerve I could care less about reputation bullshit. And to leave a message I'm cutting my own throat. Hahahaha. That is funny over a copier forum. Are you kidding me! One sick dude to take shit like this serious. Get a life dude, talk a walk, get out of your parents basement. I'm not here for a personality contest, I'm here to help other "TECHS" .
    Hope rep power goes back to 0.

One thing anyone can bank on, if I reply to your tech question it will be based on past experience NOT guessing at it to look like a big man!
    Last edited by copyman; 03-20-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    New customer called and reminded me how pathetic copier sales people are. Their 5 yr lease is ending and were looking for someone else to service machine. It is a 2 person office that the A-Hole sold 80 ppm machine! They have been paying $400 per month for 5 years! And to top it off the heartless bastard gave them a fair market value lease! Now after paying 3 times what the copier was worth leasing company wants $4,000 to buy it out! Unbelievable for a human to do this to another human. Then they wonder why they are hated so much!

Oh yea one more thing, the salesman called a few months before lease was up and wanted to "slide" them into another lease, get this "he was going to give them a good deal" ONLY $375 per month this time!!! Takes some balls

Anyway Technician to the rescue, they are sending machine back and I will be selling them a machine for $2,500.
    SHAMELESS BASTARDS!!!Copier Sales People = SCUM

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Too bad I can't read what the sales guy replied since he is blocked. Sorry if you are one of those scumbags! It wasn't directed to you but if the shoe fits....

And just to be clear I have met a few good and honest sales people over the years. So it's not all of them.

You seem to be looking for conflict on here. Are you socially isolating yourself and simply bored? Are you a troll who likes you rile people up and watch?
    Whatever it is please take it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    You seem to be looking for conflict on here. Are you socially isolating yourself and simply bored? Are you a troll who likes you rile people up and watch?
    Whatever it is please take it elsewhere.
    Apparently you don't understand the predatory nature of psychopathic sales folk??? Have you tried to buy a used car from a dealer recently??? Apparently you don't realize that some salespeople don't know how to properly qualify a customer for a purchase of a new/used machine, oversell & the customer is pi$$ed because they're paying more than they need or want to!!! It's the stupidity gap between selling someone the SMART Car they (really) need & selling them the Hummer H3 that the salesperson *THINKS* they need!!! TOTAL Turnoff IMHO!!!Copier Sales People = SCUM

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

A break down on what Copyman said.

New customer called and reminded me how pathetic copier sales people are.

Their 5 yr lease is ending and were looking for someone else to service machine. OK.

It is a 2 person office that the A-Hole sold 80 ppm machine! Maybe the office downsized from five years ago?

They have been paying $400 per month for 5 years! $400.00 x 60 = $24,000.00. Not unreasonable for an 80 cpm copier with accessories especially if a Balance of Payments from the previous lease was blended into the new lease.

And to top it off the heartless bastard gave them a fair market value lease! Most leases are FMV.

Now after paying 3 times what the copier was worth leasing company wants $4,000 to buy it out! 3x as much as the copier was worth is debatable. Try and buy an 80 cpm A3 colour copier for $8k in 2015 prices.

A $4k buyout is high. I would expect approx $2,500.00.

Unbelievable for a human to do this to another human. Then they wonder why they are hated so much!

Oh yea one more thing, the salesman called a few months before lease was up Every salesman does this, you never let the lease get to the end.

and wanted to "slide" them into another lease, get this "he was going to give them a good deal" ONLY $375 per month this time!!! Sounds high for a 2020 model but I do not know the customers requirements.

Takes some balls

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    A break down on what Copyman said.

New customer called and reminded me how pathetic copier sales people are.

Their 5 yr lease is ending and were looking for someone else to service machine. OK.

It is a 2 person office that the A-Hole sold 80 ppm machine! Maybe the office downsized from five years ago?

They have been paying $400 per month for 5 years! $400.00 x 60 = $24,000.00. Not unreasonable for an 80 cpm copier with accessories especially if a Balance of Payments from the previous lease was blended into the new lease.

And to top it off the heartless bastard gave them a fair market value lease! Most leases are FMV.

Now after paying 3 times what the copier was worth leasing company wants $4,000 to buy it out! 3x as much as the copier was worth is debatable. Try and buy an 80 cpm A3 colour copier for $8k in 2015 prices.

A $4k buyout is high. I would expect approx $2,500.00.

Unbelievable for a human to do this to another human. Then they wonder why they are hated so much!

Oh yea one more thing, the salesman called a few months before lease was up Every salesman does this, you never let the lease get to the end.

and wanted to "slide" them into another lease, get this "he was going to give them a good deal" ONLY $375 per month this time!!! Sounds high for a 2020 model but I do not know the customers requirements.

Takes some balls
    All boils down to "want" vs "need", which is done at the qualification stage of sales. If the salesperson WANTED to sell the customer that which they did NOT NEED, therein lies the dissatisfaction that the customer is now voicing!!! Catch my drift???Copier Sales People = SCUMCopier Sales People = SCUM

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Apparently you don't understand the predatory nature of psychopathic sales folk??? Have you tried to buy a used car from a dealer recently??? Apparently you don't realize that some salespeople don't know how to properly qualify a customer for a purchase of a new/used machine, oversell & the customer is pi$$ed because they're paying more than they need or want to!!! It's the stupidity gap between selling someone the SMART Car they (really) need & selling them the Hummer H3 that the salesperson *THINKS* they need!!! TOTAL Turnoff IMHO!!!Copier Sales People = SCUM

I'm not questioning the ethics or lack of ethics of sales people, I'm questioning the deliberate aggressive tone of copyman. He seems to be here to intentionally start conflict. That is something not needed here.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I'm not questioning the ethics or lack of ethics of sales people, I'm questioning the deliberate aggressive tone of copyman. He seems to be here to intentionally start conflict. That is something not needed here.
    I don't see it as generating conflict but more of a observation that once the deal is done, the salesperson is off Scot free and the technician is who the customer sees and therefore voices their displeasure to!!! This is another reason why communication between technician & sales is critically important to avoid any missed details!!!...such as machine configuration options installed. Copier Sales People = SCUM

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!