Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: nonessential businesses or not

At least the copier servcie industry is still open..but my guys are seeing calls for predominately prisons, hospitals, nusrsing homes, etc..I am telling them to require PPE to be provided or put the machine is a safe place..Maybe we get our contact to live with that "dot on the page" for a short time, or actually get up and clear the jam...I have also instructed them to walk out if they feel threatened by someone not following the recommnded distance guidelines. I support my guys 100% during this uncertain time and I want them to be able to keep working though the crisis no matter my own personal feelings on the severity of this thing...E

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    At least the copier servcie industry is still open..but my guys are seeing calls for predominately prisons, hospitals, nusrsing homes, etc..I am telling them to require PPE to be provided or put the machine is a safe place..Maybe we get our contact to live with that "dot on the page" for a short time, or actually get up and clear the jam...I have also instructed them to walk out if they feel threatened by someone not following the recommnded distance guidelines. I support my guys 100% during this uncertain time and I want them to be able to keep working though the crisis no matter my own personal feelings on the severity of this thing...E
    Sounds like you are doing great job with your guys. Years in the field also helps. I cannot get out of the field now, I'm the only one.
    Yet another years to come, still would be great to be IN the field. Tough customers - bring them in, weird problems - I'm over them!
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    nonessential businesses or not

All of the copier vendors that I have listened to in the last few days are saying that service calls are way down (50%+), toner and parts consumption is way down and no one is doing PMs anymore unless they are already on a call out.

Of course, there are now far fewer people in offices printing to their workgroup devices.

If only there was a way for copier dealers to figure out how to put a meter charge on bandwidth, we would all be rich.