Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Do you know anyone who has gotten Covid 19 ?

Re: Do you know anyone who has gotten Covid 19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    2 Consecutive days, 2 Aunts have now tested positive in SW Ontario, Canada. Both in hospital, one very critical.
    Sorry to hear that, Ill send a prayer and positive thoughts your way.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re second wave?
    An Aged Nursing home close by has reported a staff member having Covid virus...
    The Aged Care facility has gone into lock down...

Bugger....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

condolences to all who have lost someone from this virus...
    as for me... none as yet...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

My buddy that comes over to play couch co-op Xbox every Friday night called me 2 1/2 weeks ago and said he tested positive. He had to get tested because somebody at his work went to Texas and caught it, came back and went to work without saying he'd been out of state and infected a BUNCH of coworkers. What a frickin' dumba$$! Anyway, I had to self quarantine at home for 14 days from last contact with my buddy and finished that a week ago. My buddy never had any symptoms, and I never got tested and had no symptoms so who knows if he really had it or not and if I ever got it or not since the most accurate tests are still 10-20% false positive or false negative.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

My niece a sophomore in college tested positive, non symptomatic and her roommate who is having cold like symptoms. 2 weeks later she has tested negative. she lives off campus but goes home to my sisters house on weekends. my sister and brother in law both had negative test results thankfully.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Tested positive for Covid on Aug 17th, was out of work for about 3 weeks due to covid. Luckily no-one in my office tested positive for it. I was luckily enough to NOT have it as bad as some people. The Worst symptom I had was loss of taste/smell and uncontrollable hiccups at times. Got my taste and smell back after 5 days. No breathing issues, fever. Had a light cough and very minor congestion. I would say having strep Throat was worse on me when I was younger. I was out for so long due to the required quarantine of 14 days, then When I retested after 14 days I was still positive, with no symptoms. 4 days after the 2nd test, i took a third test and was finally negative. As a precaution when i tested positive, I had an over the phone doctor visit. He did prescribe the controversial Hydroxychloroqine along with a steroid and an antibiotic and if needed a nebulizer for breathing issues if they occurred later on, but never did. I took the medication till fully done and also took 2000mg of vitamin c, 5000 IU of Vitamin D3 and 100 mg of zinc. Before I got Covid I was already taking 5000 IU of vitamin D3 only. The 2 people in my household tested negative while living with them and quarantining in the same house with 1 restroom only that we all use. I even slept in the same bed as 1 person throughout the whole time. Still negative to this day. I seemed to be the only lucky one to get it. Stay healthy, take your vitamins. I use to be Obese but slimmed down 4 years ago and keep a very active lifestyle now, I feel if I would of been my old size I don't think I would of survived. Hopefully no longterm effects hit me. Stay safe everyone!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

@copyrooks

Are you a US citizen or do you live somewhere else?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    @copyrooks

Are you a US citizen or do you live somewhere else?
    US citizen live in Texas

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I got it at a weekend hockey game (masked the entire time) gave it to the other 4 adults in my house. My symptoms have been loss of taste, weird new smell to everything, minor congestion, very similar to your typical summer cold...except that I get exhausted in about 4 hours and have to take a nap. I am working from home and my team and mgmnt has been very supportive. Hope to be back at work in a few days.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Ed, I wish you and your family get well sooner!
    I think our community need your expertise as well.
    Get back at work as soon as possible.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.